The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion - Page 14

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

Default Re: Generation VI's Region name??

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Does anyone have any creative thoughts of what this generation's region name should be called, or have any names you would like to see the region be named??

I believe that this region may be far away from the other regions. My reasoning is that the first four regions, particularly Kanto and Johto, are closer together. The third and fourth regions should be close enough to the first two as well. These four regions are all based on Japanese regions.

Unova is based on New York, and is the furthest region than any other region. I believe this trend will continue, with this new region being based on either Europe or France alone, also being far away from the four Japanese inspired regions.

Also, I feel that this will become a new Pokemon trend, creating regions based on different parts of the world. Starting with Unova, Game Freak may have felt it was time to spread the regions out more, and give them new cultural and geographical qualities to each new region, to bring more dispersity and uniqueness to each region.
    I would absolutely love this to be a trend. It's kinda creative seeing how much they can reference the Region's source but make it it's own place. Like the Area 51 Pokemon, New York, etc. I hope it keeps up like this with all major countries.

It has too, I would think. The first four were all Japanese obviously in origin. Then, bang, Unova the America Region. That right there puts the western most and the eastern most locations reflected (in a manner, not the real furthest points in the real world, mind you) so with that there would have to be an infinite number of regions between the Pokemon Japan and Pokemon America.

I hope this game is only France, then we get Pokemon England or Pokemon Russia, or Pokemon Egypt, why not?
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

I would love it to be a trend too and I find it very likely that this is what they will be doing from now on. There are hundreds of countries, and so many opportunities to create new regions based on them, and have the Pokemon world a very disperse, cultural and adventurous place.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see a post-game area involving the northern part of Nouth Africa since it's just a "surf" south of France in real life.

As for the name of the Region, I don't know. Will they be doing a different name like they did for Isshu/Unova, or go back to having the name stay roughly the same between each language? I'd say I'd like them to stick to one name again, since I assume the Region will have its own identity more so than being the "mixing pot" Unova was meant to be.

Maybe something referencing the alphabet or 3D theme? Polygonia. :P Or a spin on "takaku", JPN for "many-sided/polygonal", or "eiji", the japanese word for "alphabetic character" apparently.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    I'd like to see a post-game area involving the northern part of South Africa since it's just a "surf" south of France in real life.
    Surely you mean the northern part of NORTH Africa? The northern part of SOUTH Africa is an entire continent away. In all seriousness, I would really like a section in Algeria or Morocco. I love seeing more exotic, offbeat locations in Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Especially since Fennekin's real-life basis, the fennec fox, hails from that general area.

Perhaps the desert area we see in the trailer is located in "North Africa"?

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I didn't think about that before, but it's a great idea. After all, in Sinnoh we got the Battle Zone, a post-game area that was based off of a Russian island that is very close to Hokkaido (Sinnoh's real life equivalent and basis), and that was awesome (so awesome it inspired me a school paper on the Kuril Islands) so why not do that again? Having that northern portion of Africa which lies close to Europe would be a great addition to XY's geography. Please Game Freak, make it possible.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

I'd like to see a post-game area involving the northern part of Nouth Africa since it's just a "surf" south of France in real life.
    This sounds awesome. Kind of like the Kanto experience in GSC but better in that it's an entirely unknown area. I would love this - as long as it's not an entirely new region. More like a small collection of towns, deserts, ruins to explore maybe. Maybe more Pokemon you can't catch in other areas unlike what usually happens. A large pile of Pokemon you can catch in five different locations prior with like two or three different ones sprinkled in there with a 5% encounter rate. Fix that, and sign me up.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RemainsToLinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Does anyone have any creative thoughts of what this generation's region name should be called, or have any names you would like to see the region be named??

I believe that this region may be far away from the other regions. My reasoning is that the first four regions, particularly Kanto and Johto, are closer together. The third and fourth regions should be close enough to the first two as well. These four regions are all based on Japanese regions.

Unova is based on New York, and is the furthest region than any other region. I believe this trend will continue, with this new region being based on either Europe or France alone, also being far away from the four Japanese inspired regions.

Also, I feel that this will become a new Pokemon trend, creating regions based on different parts of the world. Starting with Unova, Game Freak may have felt it was time to spread the regions out more, and give them new cultural and geographical qualities to each new region, to bring more dispersity and uniqueness to each region.
    I would absolutely love this to be a trend. It's kinda creative seeing how much they can reference the Region's source but make it it's own place. Like the Area 51 Pokemon, New York, etc. I hope it keeps up like this with all major countries.

It has too, I would think. The first four were all Japanese obviously in origin. Then, bang, Unova the America Region. That right there puts the western most and the eastern most locations reflected (in a manner, not the real furthest points in the real world, mind you) so with that there would have to be an infinite number of regions between the Pokemon Japan and Pokemon America.

I hope this game is only France, then we get Pokemon England or Pokemon Russia, or Pokemon Egypt, why not?
    Maybe in a future game we'll explore the relationship between Unova and Orre. However, Orre is based on Arizona while Unova is based on New Jersey, New York, and Lower Manhattan.
    RemainsToLinger likes this.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Maybe in a future game we'll explore the relationship between Unova and Orre. However, Orre is based on Arizona while Unova is based on New Jersey, New York, and Lower Manhattan.
    Yeah, that's too far, unless you take a plane there. It'd have to be something closer to New York, like a New England, Mid Atlantic (Philadelphia and Baltimore/D.C. area), or maybe even a Canadian inspired region. Personally, I'd like to see a Mid Atlantic inspired region, but that's mainly because that's where I live. It does have some fairly interesting locations, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, that's too far, unless you take a plane there. It'd have to be something closer to New York, like a New England, Mid Atlantic (Philadelphia and Baltimore/D.C. area), or maybe even a Canadian inspired region. Personally, I'd like to see a Mid Atlantic inspired region, but that's mainly because that's where I live. It does have some fairly interesting locations, though.
    I don't want a Canadian inspired region. I'm Canadian, but the English translation would include a thousand and a half Canadian stereotypes. The Japanese translation would probably have less to no stereotypes, but the American version... excuse me while I throw up.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I don't want a Canadian inspired region. I'm Canadian, but the English translation would include a thousand and a half Canadian stereotypes. The Japanese translation would probably have less to no stereotypes, but the American version... excuse me while I throw up.
    Were there many north american stereotypes in BW/B2W2?

Legitimate question here, I'm kind of bad in recognizing those (I'm from Brazil btw, and yes, it would be annoying to have half the region talk about soccer)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post

Legitimate question here, I'm kind of bad in recognizing those (I'm from Brazil btw, and yes, it would be annoying to have half the region talk about soccer)
    I have a Brazillian yellow soccer cap. :)
    I don't want the whole region talking about poutine and saying Eh after every other word. We don't even say "eh"! And I don't even know what poutine is!
    Now that I've looked it up, it's French fries with a bunch of stuff put on it.

Blog Entries

I never felt Unova felt "American" honestly, there weren't any notable American stereotypes at all really, except perhaps for all the basketball players and dancers being black. Apart from that, sometimes I felt GameFreak didn't do enough to make it feel like America, as, for example, the Daycare had all the children wearing stereotypical "Japanese schoolchildren" outfits.

Blog Entries

I never felt Unova felt "American" honestly, there weren't any notable American stereotypes at all really, except perhaps for all the basketball players and dancers being black. Apart from that, sometimes I felt GameFreak didn't do enough to make it feel like America, as, for example, the Daycare had all the children wearing stereotypical "Japanese schoolchildren" outfits.
    It's still a Japanese game, so of course it's going to have Japanese aspects to it.
    EDIT: Getting off topic. Not like I don't get off topic a lot, but... I'M STILL DOING IT.
    OK, I want the region to have some sort of museum. Maybe even reference the Pewter, Nacrene, and all the ones in between museums.
    I want a town based on Venice. Waterways. :) I also want a subplot where the ghost of a boy lost his [insert item here] and you have to find it. When you do, you get [insert one-of-a-kind item here].
    Owain likes this.

I have a Brazillian yellow soccer cap. :)
    I don't want the whole region talking about poutine and saying Eh after every other word. We don't even say "eh"! And I don't even know what poutine is!
    Now that I've looked it up, it's French fries with a bunch of stuff put on it.
    ...Oh my, I accidentally just thought of Gold, Lyra, and Silver doing that whole, "Don't call me buddy, guy!" "Don't call me guy, friend!" "Don't call me friend, buddy!" thing from South Park! XD

Lyra and Gold: We're not your buddies, guy!
    Silver: I'm not your guy, friends!
    VeggiePopper and Owain like this.

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th January 2013, 02:03 PM
  2. 8th January 2013, 07:37 AM