Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll) - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which name do you like?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Trio

11 11.96%
  • Ragnarok Trio

39 42.39%
  • Circle of Life Trio

33 35.87%
  • faire du vélo Trio

6 6.52%
  • Other (post response)

22 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll)

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Kalos Legendary Trio Title

I like the "Life Trio" or the "Earth Trio" myself, since they make the most sense. I don't like the "Twilight Trio" name because I don't see how they relate to the concept of twilight, but that's just me.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Follow Yamitora1 On Twitter
    Follow Yamitora1 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets View Post
    Why can't we have something simple like XYZ Trio? It's easy, simple to remember, and each of the letters represent a member of the trio.
    These games made history, so do we really want to shortchange the trio just for convenience? They deserve a fan-heart-felt name.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I like the "Life Trio" or the "Earth Trio" myself, since they make the most sense. I don't like the "Twilight Trio" name because I don't see how they relate to the concept of twilight, but that's just me.
    Problem with just Life trio is that one is death and destruction, and with Earth, Yveltal again messes the mojo up because it flies.

How about Spectrum Trio?
    Paramount Trio
    Zenith Trio
    Climax Trio
    NATULARG Trio ( apparently Law of Nature in Sweedish)
    Cineál Trio (apparently Nature in Irish)
    Babel Trio
    Ballad Trio (ballad of life and death, plus another word for tale or story)
    Saga Trio (same as Ballad, tale or story)

Hmm, lets look at each pokemon

Xerneas: Life Pokémon, Fairy Aura, Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival. When the horns on its head shine in seven different colors, it is said to be sharing everlasting life.

Yveltal: Destruction Pokémon, Dark Aura. When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of all living creatures. When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more.

Zygarde: Order Pokémon, Aura Breakm When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power. It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives.

Is there a single word that describes life, destruction and order?

MORTALITY TRIO!

No word describes both life and death like mortality, it is the full package and Xeneras offers a chance at Immortality, while Yveltal offers the opposite, either way something is going to die.

If anything we can call Xerneas and Yveltal the Mortality Duo.

Blog Entries

From a gameplay standpoint, Aura Trio

Consider this: the "Weather trio" have red and blue Pokémon that create weather and a green dragon that ignores weather.

History repeats. Red and blue Pokémon with auras that indiscriminately strengthen attacks and another green dragon that inverts them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamitora1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Problem with just Life trio is that one is death and destruction, and with Earth, Yveltal again messes the mojo up because it flies.
    Yveltal doesn't really mess things up, Death is still a part of life, even if it's the end. Xerneas gives life (birth), Zygarde monitors life (living), Yveltal ends life (death). The Life trio fits the three head on.

Xerneas: Life Pokémon, Fairy Aura, Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival. When the horns on its head shine in seven different colors, it is said to be sharing everlasting life.

Yveltal: Destruction Pokémon, Dark Aura. When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of all living creatures. When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more.

Zygarde: Order Pokémon, Aura Breakm When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power. It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives.

Is there a single word that describes life, destruction and order?

MORTALITY TRIO!

No word describes both life and death like mortality, it is the full package and Xeneras offers a chance at Immortality, while Yveltal offers the opposite, either way something is going to die.

How do life and death relate to morality? I really don't get that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    How do life and death relate to morality? I really don't get that.
    Mortality Duo

Blog Entries

I like the name Aura Trio, it sort of goes together with the Weather Trio as both names are based around a trio of related abilities.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

Life trio because they all deal with life. I'd much rather go with Kalos trio, since its not like there are multiple trios in this region that require distinction from one another.

Dex

I kind of like Mortality Trio, actually. It works well for the themes of birth, life and death especially.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

I concur. "Mortality Trio" sounds most fitting for them.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Mortality trio is pretty good actually.

But I think Life Trio may be even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WindBlast View Post
    Axises or plane trio :P
    Axis Trio?

I think its kind of best not to use that first one. I mean if I were to hear "Axis Trio", I'd start to think about WWII's Axis powers...Kalos is based off France, which...yeah kind of got invaded in WWII.

Maybe Coordinate Trio?
    Well, when you put it this way. But, again The whole symbolism of XY is about axises ( Confirmed) and how they get converged together somehow. So maybe " Zero/ infinity trio". It has a very nice ring to it. As in axises alone have 0 potential, but if combined together the potential are infinite.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Chill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphica View Post
    I'm not sure why you're telling him to calm down - he seems pretty calm, just pointing out some facts.

It doesn't just "blend together". It's misappropriation, and there are a LOT of people who care where it comes from. Mythology has had huge impacts on our world cultures, and saying one is equivalent to another is just plain wrong.

emphasis master here

i like ragnarok trio, just cause i think it fits in one weird way or another so

Also, a good rule of thumb - if you use google translate, try to google the phrase it spits out afterwards - you're likely to find out it's completely wrong. While cycle of life and cycle (the vehicle) may be interchangeable in English, they aren't at all in French - and it's not really a pun at all, just confusing. If you want to directly translate that sort of cycle, the closest word in french is... cycle.
    He was coming off a little aggressive/argumentative in the post on the first and 2nd pages. Using capital letters and what not.
    Its to emphasis. Some people capitalize than put the text in bold or italic.

first class asshole

Blog Entries

Not an option, but a variation of one. I think Mortalité Trio would be good.

I guess that we can all guess what that's French for.

Follow Yamitora1 On Twitter
    Follow Yamitora1 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    From a gameplay standpoint, Aura Trio

Consider this: the "Weather trio" have red and blue Pokémon that create weather and a green dragon that ignores weather.

History repeats. Red and blue Pokémon with auras that indiscriminately strengthen attacks and another green dragon that inverts them.
    I noticed that too, but I wanted to try and keep quiet on that so I wouldn't end up discussing two things at once lol. I was actually writing an article I was going post on my IGN blog about that very subject. I was writing the article to discuss the clues why a RSE remake might happen...but now I fear its chances might be hurt due to several factors...but back on topic lol. How about Life Aura trio?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    How do life and death relate to morality? I really don't get that.[/QUOTE]

Mortality the word basically means life and death. Mortality rate describes how many people live and/or die.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Not an option, but a variation of one. I think Mortalité Trio would be good.

I guess that we can all guess what that's French for.
    Maybe, sounds good.

Blog Entries

I'd rather keep away from any French-esque names. Just because the region is based on France doesn't mean everything has to be about and/or related to France.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast