Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll) - Page 11

View Poll Results: Which name do you like?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Trio

11 11.96%
  • Ragnarok Trio

39 42.39%
  • Circle of Life Trio

33 35.87%
  • faire du vélo Trio

6 6.52%
  • Other (post response)

22 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll)

Default Re: Kalos Legendary Trio Title Discussion Thread (New Poll)

Ok, sorry I've not been on lately or updating the poll. I got side tracked by my apartment complex manager's BS. Got inspections but she keeps bsing around and pushing it to the next day and then the next day. >_<#

Anyways, here is the latest Poll results

Votes: 9
    1. Ragnarök Trio 0%
    2. Aura Trio 88.89%
    3. Life/Circle of Life Trio 0%
    4. Cartesian Trio 11.11%
    5. Balance Trio 0%

Aura Trio seems to be the favorite still.
    In Game Name: Yami
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4914-4283-6265
    Safari: Ghost-type
    Pokemon: Lampent, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Please let me know what your In Game Name is so I know its you in trades.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Xerneas represents eternal life
    Yveltal represents death

What would Zygarde represent? Going by the ability, it cancels the other two. Then, would it cancel life as well as death? What is the state of being neither alive nor dead?

I guess the title Aura fits their ability, but their themes seem to be related to Life and Death and maybe the Circle of Life

Zygarde represents order, the balance of life and death.

While the name Aura Trio may not have anything to do with their life/death concept, none of the other proposed names really cling to me. .-.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think the Circle of Life Trio fits pretty well, judging by what they represent.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

yveltal=hell

xerneas= heaven

zygarde=gatekeeper.

Blog Entries

The wiki currently calls them the Mortality Duo (they haven't included Zygarde in there as of yet). Still think Cartesian is the way to go.

TF2/Pokemon/OFF
    Vice Head Moderator of PokEdit

Claimer of Farfetch'd, Flying Press and Toxic Orb

Cartesian works for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBatter View Post
    The wiki currently calls them the Mortality Duo (they haven't included Zygarde in there as of yet). Still think Cartesian is the way to go.
    lol you can't really go by that, mostly because I am the one who edited it from "Mascots" to Mortality Duo which is more or less a place holder for the time being until a more suitable and/or more fan conciseness name is coined.

Ok everypony, it looks like we now have more data for the poll

Votes: 15
    Ragnarök Trio 0%
    Aura Trio 66.67%
    Life/Circle of Life Trio 6.67%
    Cartesian Trio 26.67%
    Balance Trio 0%
    Last edited by Yamitora1; 28th November 2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: oops skipped a vote

I definitely prefer Aura Trio, short and sweet and obvious. The others don't roll off the tongue as well. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky Fennekin View Post
    I definitely prefer Aura Trio, short and sweet and obvious. The others don't roll off the tongue as well. :/
    You certainly can pick a winner lol, the name Aura Trio is pretty dead on especially given when info we have on the trio if its a trio. This might be one of those gens that break the mold and stray from the patterns established in the past. So far its already short a trio, and it is still not known how these guys are related (or at least last I checked)

I recently acquired a copy of Pokémon Y, and while playing it I came across a man speaking about how 800 years ago Yveltal started killing people off one by one...similar to the Black Death. With this revelation, I no longer support (not that I really 100% did in the first place) any Norse or Celtic or any mythological origin basis for the trio.

I now believe that Yveltal has basis on the Black Death and possibly the Plague Doctor Costume.

Human Y. pestis was responsible for the death of at least one-third of the European population between 1347 and 1353. The unsettling sight of the Plague Doctor's costume terrified people, believing it to be a sign of imminent death.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamitora1 View Post
    I recently acquired a copy of Pokémon Y, and while playing it I came across a man speaking about how 800 years ago Yveltal started killing people off one by one...similar to the Black Death. With this revelation, I no longer support (not that I really 100% did in the first place) any Norse or Celtic or any mythological origin basis for the trio.

I now believe that Yveltal has basis on the Black Death and possibly the Plague Doctor Costume.

Human Y. pestis was responsible for the death of at least one-third of the European population between 1347 and 1353. The unsettling sight of the Plague Doctor's costume terrified people, believing it to be a sign of imminent death.
    The Norse basis was never really that strong with Yveltal. It was more of a thing for Xerneas anyway what with being a deity of life that transforms into a tree. There still are a few details that tie Yveltal to Norse mythology, but nowhere near as strong and definitely not as encompassing of its design as many people think.

It's important to remember that Pokemon that are likely to see a lot of exposure will usually have more than a few different inspirations for there designs. Just as important is to remember that a Pokemon which has a basis on a specific article of mythology will not take the entire myth into it's design (e.g. the Weather Trio are based on the concept of the Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz, yet Rayquaza isn't a griffin). This is especially significant for legendaries considering their design, development, and roles within the games.

The Black Plague providing some inspiration for Yveltal does seem to be a certainty going by the description of when in Pokemon history it happened drawing a parallel to similar events in our own history. It may seem a bit controversial to say that the Black Plague was in GF's mind when designing Yveltal though it may not be too far off considering what may have went into Lysandre and AZ (probably spoilers if you haven't defeated Team Flare yet).
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamitora1 View Post

The Norse basis was never really that strong with Yveltal. It was more of a thing for Xerneas anyway what with being a deity of life that transforms into a tree. There still are a few details that tie Yveltal to Norse mythology, but nowhere near as strong and definitely not as encompassing of its design as many people think.

It's important to remember that Pokemon that are likely to see a lot of exposure will usually have more than a few different inspirations for there designs. Just as important is to remember that a Pokemon which has a basis on a specific article of mythology will not take the entire myth into it's design (e.g. the Weather Trio are based on the concept of the Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz, yet Rayquaza isn't a griffin). This is especially significant for legendaries considering their design, development, and roles within the games.

The Black Plague providing some inspiration for Yveltal does seem to be a certainty going by the description of when in Pokemon history it happened drawing a parallel to similar events in our own history. It may seem a bit controversial to say that the Black Plague was in GF's mind when designing Yveltal though it may not be too far off considering what may have went into Lysandre and AZ (probably spoilers if you haven't defeated Team Flare yet).
    Trust me, a Pokémon being based off a plague that has killed millions is not the most controversial thing that could be in the game. I lent a old dude a Pichu and after defeating the Elite 4, the dude croaked and I got the Pichu back. I'm just glad I didn't give the guy a Froakie or something.

Still, there are quite a few parallels between the Black Plague and Yveltal's history. Plus when a Human is infected with it, its Called Human Y. pestis. I even nicknamed my Yveltal Yersinia, after the germ that is most recognized as being responsible for the Black Death. Also if I remember right, a Japanese biologist has something to do with Yersinia pestis so I wouldn't be surprised if GF didn't decide to use Y. pestis as the inspiration for Yveltal on that alone.

I like Aura Trio as a name for them, mainly due to each of them having an Aura ability. Life and Death/Circle of Life would be a close second for me due to what each of their stories is based on.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast