The Join Avenue Thread! - Page 6

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Join Avenue Thread!

Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix502 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadalaGuy View Post
    Hey guys! After 5 pages, my thread by mistake/purpose is starting GREAT! Plus, my Join Avenue is called OVER 9000!, my greeting and thanks is DINNER and my name is MAMA LUIGI! LEGIT-LY! Plus, i'm Rank 20. AND Drayden came as a vistor! THIS IS ALL TRUE!! (happy face times 9000)
    actually, I'm curious about that last bit. I had marlon stop by my Join Avenue (I named it Growth Ln.) and the Raffle Shop I recommended got a whopping 1000 popularity points... anyone have more information on how to cause Gym Leaders to visit Join Avenue?
    I make it a habit to visit them often, that seems to make them pop in my Avenue a bit more than usual. The only two tricky ones are Cynthia and Brycen of course.
    Black 2 FC: 1679-1499-2532
    US 3DS FC: 0173-1364-7622
    Seigaiha City Faceboard:
    • Gothitelle
    • Marlon
    • Man outside PokeCenter
    • Salaryman

Avenue Gym Visitors:
    • Skyla
    • Burgh
    • Cynthia
    • Roxie

Gliscor fan since 2006! ♥ FF9ZidaneGal's Avatar

I named my Join Avenue "Woodbury". Lol The Walking Dead. xD
    Last edited by FF9ZidaneGal; 20th November 2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Zidane's Game Info:
    Black FC: 3053 5872 8389
    Black 2 FC: 4385 0194 9510
    Black DW Member ID: 1171942
    Black 2 DW Member ID: 3403404
    White 2 DW Member ID: 3496550

Woodbury (Avenue) Gym Visitors:
    • Drayden x2
    • Skyla x3
    • Elesa
    • Marlon
    • Burgh

Woodbury (Avenue) Rank: 50

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had Cheren and Drayden visit me so far. I wait a little while in between visits to build up the number of fans. (Drayden literally slammed into me because he was walking up and I was right in front of him.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadySerena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadalaGuy View Post
    Hey guys! After 5 pages, my thread by mistake/purpose is starting GREAT! Plus, my Join Avenue is called OVER 9000!, my greeting and thanks is DINNER and my name is MAMA LUIGI! LEGIT-LY! Plus, i'm Rank 20. AND Drayden came as a vistor! THIS IS ALL TRUE!! (happy face times 9000)
    actually, I'm curious about that last bit. I had marlon stop by my Join Avenue (I named it Growth Ln.) and the Raffle Shop I recommended got a whopping 1000 popularity points... anyone have more information on how to cause Gym Leaders to visit Join Avenue?
    I make it a habit to visit them often, that seems to make them pop in my Avenue a bit more than usual. The only two tricky ones are Cynthia and Brycen of course.
    But Brycen will visit, right? I mean, if I ran into him on my Avenue.... :swoon:

My Join Avenue is now at Rank 32 and I finally got to recruit someone! It just happened to be "myself" from my White game--the Trainer said we had passed each other by several times before and I had the chance to chat with myself for a few moments. When I hit "Recruit" and got a "I'll be the best Assistant I can" type answer, I nearly fell over. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to recruit someone and been told no.

If any of you are taking part in the Magnemite chain and you get a female scientist named Silvy whose happy phrase is "Golett", it's me. Of course, who else would say something like that?
    Berrenta likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

actually, I'm curious about a few magnemite that I sent through the chain...I've yet to find out if anyone came acrossed one of two nicknamed "SlickDS502" (my screenname on Gamefaqs)

actually, I'm curious about a few magnemite that I sent through the chain...I've yet to find out if anyone came acrossed one of two nicknamed "SlickDS502" (my screenname on Gamefaqs)
    I did this morning!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    My Join Avenue is now at Rank 32 and I finally got to recruit someone! It just happened to be "myself" from my White game--the Trainer said we had passed each other by several times before and I had the chance to chat with myself for a few moments. When I hit "Recruit" and got a "I'll be the best Assistant I can" type answer, I nearly fell over. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to recruit someone and been told no.
    Well I'm only Rank 30 and instead of going through GTS I went to GTS Negotiations and got a bunch of people to visit that way and for some reason when those people come to my avenue I can Check their Medals and things like that. And i can always recruit them to be assistants. Everyone through GTS tells me no, but everyone from GTS Negotiations tell me yes. :o
    Last edited by FF9ZidaneGal; 21st November 2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Typo
    Zidane's Game Info:

• Drayden x2
    • Skyla x3
    • Elesa
    • Marlon
    • Burgh

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

GTS negotiations? am I safe to assume that you were also looking for certain Pokemon as well, or did you simply say "Hey, you growing your Join Avenue?" before making a random ComMon trade and leaving...

I've come under the idea that GTS negotiations were only if someone was genuinely looking for something as opposed to the general (and broken by unrestricted illegal requests) GTS, so using it to grow your avenue... huh, didn't occur to me.

Blog Entries

I prefer using Dream World since I don't have to put in extra effort to get people to show up.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

GTS negotiations? am I safe to assume that you were also looking for certain Pokemon as well, or did you simply say "Hey, you growing your Join Avenue?" before making a random ComMon trade and leaving...

I've come under the idea that GTS negotiations were only if someone was genuinely looking for something as opposed to the general (and broken by unrestricted illegal requests) GTS, so using it to grow your avenue... huh, didn't occur to me.
    Well I would log on and sometimes people would automatically disconnect. I guess they do it to get people to come to their avenue. Sometimes they would offer me a Pokémon named JAvenue or things like that. Or they would just do a trade and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I prefer using Dream World since I don't have to put in extra effort to get people to show up.
    Yeah I do that too. It's muuuuch easier that way. :p
    Last edited by FF9ZidaneGal; 25th November 2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Typo
    Zidane's Game Info:

• Drayden x2
    • Skyla x3
    • Elesa
    • Marlon
    • Burgh

Blog Entries

I finally got something good out of Join Avenue. My florist shop is now a garden and sells Liechi and Apicot berries (first time I've ever gotten Apicot). Now I need to find florist shops from White 2 so I can get a Salac berry, and I guess after that I can *try* for Petaya and Ganlon berries even though I don't really care about them.

The Pokemon Trainer EpicPokemon12's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit EpicPokemon12's Youtube Channel

My avenue is Level 36 and has almost all Level 10 shops. Drayden and Roxie I know have visited the avenue. Really like Join Avenue, does anyone think it'll appear in future Pokemon games?

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Spent yesterday and the day before getting four Florists up to level 8. I now have 4 of each of the pinch berries everyday (Liechi, Ganlon, Petaya, Apicot and Salac) for some old-school battling. Pity there's no soil for growing them in Unova though, despite all the Mulch.
    LadySerena likes this.

I don't really have to many Tags, but I do like advancing my Avenue. Trying to get every shop to it's best

I wish the wifi in my dorm worked with my DSi. Then I'd get to do Magnemite Chain and have a level a billion Join Avenue by now. Alas, it doesn't so it's still only level 14. It's excruciating to be so close.

I've had Roxie and Cheren visit my Join Avenue. 1000 popularity is nice, but I found out that popularity doesn't carry through to the next level of shops or Join Avenue. I made the mistake of sending Cheren to my level 1 Dojo (managed by myself from Black version) to find this out. So I basically wasted like 800 popularity there. At least it all went to the avenue itself.

Any results on how the Dojo and Cafe effects EVs, and do the Pokerus or power items effect those services? I've always wondered if they would train after 100 EVs in a stat myself, but never got around to trying it. Someone in this thread mentioned that the Dojo agreed to train a Pokemon after the Pokemon refused vitamins, and I've learned that the Cafe and Salon will refuse their friendliness-raising services to Pokemon that already have maximum friendliness. So I would guess that Dojo and Cafe will raise EVs in a stat all the way to 255. However, the Salon will offer EV-lowering services to Pokemon that have no EV's yet (I've given them to freshly-hatched Eevees to evolve them into Umbreon/Espeon faster)... but that's probably different, since there's a secondary effect of the EV-lowering services and not to the Dojo/s/Cafe's EV-training services.

So basically, what I'm saying is that my research yields inconclusive... At some point I'll have to EV train something with known IVs and check it all myself (unless someone has already done it).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FF9ZidaneGal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Well I'm only Rank 30 and instead of going through GTS I went to GTS Negotiations and got a bunch of people to visit that way and for some reason when those people come to my avenue I can Check their Medals and things like that. And i can always recruit them to be assistants. Everyone through GTS tells me no, but everyone from GTS Negotiations tell me yes. :o
    I should probably try Negotiations: simply tossing a Magnemite on GTS isn't cutting it anymore. I'll get a couple of trades, sure but then the Magnemite will just sit there and languish for a while before I get a response.

Now trading for a Magnemite on GTS has gotten a lot easier. I'm actually pulling in more trades than I was previously. I have no idea as to why.

My Avenue is at level 37 right now. I've been abusing the heck out of the Florist and the Market but I haven't used the Dojo, the Salon or the Bistro terribly much. But man, I do love buying Lum and Colbur berries by the ton.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast