The Join Avenue Thread! - Page 5

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 227
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Join Avenue Thread!

  1. #61
    Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    148

    Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: so I noticed Magnemite is the most traded on GTS...

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySerena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix502 View Post
    I found it rather peculiar at first, and later when i surfed through Gamefaqs, I came acrossed this thread on the Black 2 Board that turned out to be an effort to help others improve their join avenue through the GTS.

    absolutely genius, and it definitely saves me some dignity because I don't quite have a team I'm confident can hold their own on Random Battles...

    just wondering, though... who's already aware of this "Magnemite Coil"?
    Besides the people in this thread? Everybody over here in Japan, and whoever else heard about it online.
    err, right, I posted that on another board, so I wasn't aware of this thread right away... thanks for whoever moved the post >.<

  2. #62
    Registered User jasebee200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    if you open a wish shop for join avenue you can win a master ball but the chances of succeeding are very low, i usually
    just get a ultra ball or berry juice!

  3. #63
    Registered User LadySerena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by jasebee200 View Post
    if you open a wish shop for join avenue you can win a master ball but the chances of succeeding are very low, i usually
    just get a ultra ball or berry juice!
    What level is you Avenue? Sounds like you're pretty close if you're getting ultra balls.
    Black 2 FC: 1679-1499-2532
    US 3DS FC: 0173-1364-7622
    Seigaiha City Faceboard:
    • Gothitelle
    • Marlon
    • Man outside PokeCenter
    • Salaryman

    Avenue Gym Visitors:
    • Skyla
    • Burgh
    • Cynthia
    • Roxie

  4. #64
    Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    148

    Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    so I recently looked at Serebii as a reference regarding Join Avenue recommendations, and I then discovered that among the listing for all these wares, I noticed a couple that aren't on the list for the dojo...

    Training Lv5-Dojo You engage in a little secret training with your Pokemon. Its level rises by 5.
    Training Lv10-Dojo-You engage in a little secret training with your Pokemon. Its level rises by 6.
    Training Lv20-Dojo-You engage in a little secret training with your Pokemon. Its level rises by 7.


    according to the list there, it only goes up to training lv 4... okay, now what's the deal, what are these three for? was it something discovered through hacking or simply just assumption or something?

  5. #65
    ♥ Grand Riser ♥ Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Battle Maison
    Posts
    7,020
    Blog Entries
    102

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySerena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Every time I've tried the Magnemite Coil lately it says it was already traded to another trainer. In fact, I get that message a lot in general.
    As do I. I just keep running through the listings until I can make a trade. My trick has been to not trade with the trainer in the center but try someone on the extreme right or left side. The ones in the very center usually have already been spoken for, I've found. Hope this helps and good luck.

    My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.
    Instead of searching for a Magnemite when you first go into the trading station, either: catch one and offer it with the request of one with the usual any level, or recieve one from a previous trade, put it back in, and request another one. That way, you'll be almost gauranteed to get a different trainer to trade with you, and you won't have to choose a person to trade with.
    Been doing that too but I've noticed that's it's been taking longer and longer for someone to answer with a Magnemite trade. A couple of weeks ago, I'd throw one on GTS and get a trade within two minutes. A couple of nights ago, it took 15. That has never happened before. (I'm really hoping things aren't cooling off.)

    I've also noticed fewer traded off messages and more communications errors when I've been trying to trade. I'm guessing I was trying to trade for a Magnenmite that someone else had grabbed. Still, it's irritating to have to hit the Home button on my 3DS and get back on GTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyPKMN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.
    I've been having the same trouble. Have you gotten to the Day Care Center yet? I haven't, and I suspect that's why.
    Haven't yet but it hasn't been for a lack of trying. Everyone I try to invite to my Avenue wants to start a Raffle shop, a Dojo or a Store. No one wants to start a blasted Nursery. I'm having zero luck over here!

    My Ave is now at level 18 and my Shop is maxed. I'm working on my Museum, Florist and Kitchen currently but I still need that Nursery. For the heck of it, I'm calling my Avenue "Golett Ave". Yes, you read that right. Man, I am so pathetic.

    Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

  6. #66
    Registered User LadySerena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySerena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Every time I've tried the Magnemite Coil lately it says it was already traded to another trainer. In fact, I get that message a lot in general.
    As do I. I just keep running through the listings until I can make a trade. My trick has been to not trade with the trainer in the center but try someone on the extreme right or left side. The ones in the very center usually have already been spoken for, I've found. Hope this helps and good luck.

    My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.
    Instead of searching for a Magnemite when you first go into the trading station, either: catch one and offer it with the request of one with the usual any level, or recieve one from a previous trade, put it back in, and request another one. That way, you'll be almost gauranteed to get a different trainer to trade with you, and you won't have to choose a person to trade with.
    Been doing that too but I've noticed that's it's been taking longer and longer for someone to answer with a Magnemite trade. A couple of weeks ago, I'd throw one on GTS and get a trade within two minutes. A couple of nights ago, it took 15. That has never happened before. (I'm really hoping things aren't cooling off.)

    I've also noticed fewer traded off messages and more communications errors when I've been trying to trade. I'm guessing I was trying to trade for a Magnenmite that someone else had grabbed. Still, it's irritating to have to hit the Home button on my 3DS and get back on GTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyPKMN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.
    I've been having the same trouble. Have you gotten to the Day Care Center yet? I haven't, and I suspect that's why.
    Haven't yet but it hasn't been for a lack of trying. Everyone I try to invite to my Avenue wants to start a Raffle shop, a Dojo or a Store. No one wants to start a blasted Nursery. I'm having zero luck over here!

    My Ave is now at level 18 and my Shop is maxed. I'm working on my Museum, Florist and Kitchen currently but I still need that Nursery. For the heck of it, I'm calling my Avenue "Golett Ave". Yes, you read that right. Man, I am so pathetic.
    I didn't get a Nursery until around level 28 or so...i was impatient as well. As for Magnemite Chain, you could also try the pokemon-gl. When you tuck a pokemon in, go to the site, visit other people's houses, water their berries, and make dream pal requests. Sometimes the Magnemite Chain creates a bit of a lag over the wi-fi so the pokemon-gl is your second best bet.
    Black 2 FC: 1679-1499-2532
    US 3DS FC: 0173-1364-7622
    Seigaiha City Faceboard:
    • Gothitelle
    • Marlon
    • Man outside PokeCenter
    • Salaryman

    Avenue Gym Visitors:
    • Skyla
    • Burgh
    • Cynthia
    • Roxie

  7. #67
    Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,271
    Blog Entries
    89
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Since I posted about the Magnemite Coil last, I've had great success with depositing one rather than looking for one.

    XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

  8. #68
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,213
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    I've been doing the Magnemite chain thing for two days now and my Join Avenue is already level 6 :D I received like 5 or 6 Magnemites with PKRS...I kept a few, but I try to return the favor and trade some away.

    The only thing that's annoyed me is when guests say "I want to go there, you know, THERE!" Most of the time I guess wrong...is there a method to figuring out where they want to go?

    Check this. Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Join Avenue

    My Avenue just reached level 10, almost only thanks to Dream World and my friends (for some reason, B2W2 was massively bought in my university). I haven't even done the Magnemite thing.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  9. #69
    七パーセント Blue Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London, United Kingdom, United
    Posts
    840
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    I've got all the slots filled in mine and I think I'm on rank 2 so far in Black 2. It can be a pretty useful place with the stat modifiers and other things.

  10. #70
    Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    148

    Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    I'm still bothered by Serebii's listing of the total wares... as posted previously...

    so am I safe to assume the whole business involving the whole:

    Training Lv5-Dojo You engage in a little secret training with your Pokemon. Its level rises by 5.
    Training Lv10-Dojo-You engage in a little secret training with your Pokemon. Its level rises by 6.
    Training Lv20-Dojo-You engage in a little secret training with your Pokemon. Its level rises by 7.


    ...is nothing more than speculation junk or something?

  11. #71
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    I have a question:

    If I've been trading with people even before I get to Join Avenue, will those people be saved and eventually visit my Join Avenue?

  12. #72
    Ma-ho-ho-ho! TeddiUrsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I have a question:

    If I've been trading with people even before I get to Join Avenue, will those people be saved and eventually visit my Join Avenue?
    I don't think that's the case. I traded a few Pokémon eggs right after the 2nd gym and only NPC fans appeared when I first entered the Join Avenue. Maybe I overlooked something.

    So far my JA has level 25 and I have one of every shop, almost all of them at level 9 which is really handy for getting some of my old BW Pokémon to level 100. It is pretty costy though.
    Clay and Arti visited me this week and thankfully I was able to get them to the right stores. Clay wanted to win tons of money so I sent him to my raffle show and Arti wanted inspiration so he visited the flower shop. I wonder if there's a list for all gymleaders and their wishes for the Join Avenue yet. Making an error and losing 1000 points would hurt I guess.

  13. #73
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I have a question:

    If I've been trading with people even before I get to Join Avenue, will those people be saved and eventually visit my Join Avenue?
    I don't think that's the case. I traded a few Pokémon eggs right after the 2nd gym and only NPC fans appeared when I first entered the Join Avenue. Maybe I overlooked something.

    So far my JA has level 25 and I have one of every shop, almost all of them at level 9 which is really handy for getting some of my old BW Pokémon to level 100. It is pretty costy though.
    Clay and Arti visited me this week and thankfully I was able to get them to the right stores. Clay wanted to win tons of money so I sent him to my raffle show and Arti wanted inspiration so he visited the flower shop. I wonder if there's a list for all gymleaders and their wishes for the Join Avenue yet. Making an error and losing 1000 points would hurt I guess.
    Well, either way, its good to know since I could be spending way too much time with no real benefits.

  14. #74
    WHO'S SEXY NOW?! AmazonPandora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Inside your body. (joke intended)
    Posts
    169
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Hey guys! After 5 pages, my thread by mistake/purpose is starting GREAT! Plus, my Join Avenue is called OVER 9000!, my greeting and thanks is DINNER and my name is MAMA LUIGI! LEGIT-LY! Plus, i'm Rank 20. AND Drayden came as a vistor! THIS IS ALL TRUE!! (happy face times 9000)
    UnovaCastaway and LadySerena like this.

  15. #75
    Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    148

    Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquadalaGuy View Post
    Hey guys! After 5 pages, my thread by mistake/purpose is starting GREAT! Plus, my Join Avenue is called OVER 9000!, my greeting and thanks is DINNER and my name is MAMA LUIGI! LEGIT-LY! Plus, i'm Rank 20. AND Drayden came as a vistor! THIS IS ALL TRUE!! (happy face times 9000)
    actually, I'm curious about that last bit. I had marlon stop by my Join Avenue (I named it Growth Ln.) and the Raffle Shop I recommended got a whopping 1000 popularity points... anyone have more information on how to cause Gym Leaders to visit Join Avenue?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •