The Join Avenue Thread! - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Join Avenue Thread!

Default Re: Join avenue's dojo EV stat gaining total question

I don't have conclusive answers, for you, Pokedude. I can tell you a few things, and I can tell you what I don't know.

I DO know that Join Avenue WILL allow you to get a stat raised after 100 EVs in that stat. I know this because I got its services for Pokemon after they rejected vitamins.

I don't know if it actually contributes to your EV total past 100, though I would assume it probably does, and I don't know if it'll stop you at 252, or allow you to keep paying.

Anyone done some careful research who can help us?

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Default Re: The Join Avenue Thread!

Well each item/service on any shop's list can only be bought once a day. So it's easy to test if the dojos/shops have the same limit as the vitamins. Take an untrained Pokemon, give it 10 of one kind of vitamin (which is the max), then try to increase the same stat at a shop and see what happens.

edit: Just saw the post above, so I guess it does work. :)

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by flamewarflipsides View Post
    I don't have conclusive answers, for you, Pokedude. I can tell you a few things, and I can tell you what I don't know.

I DO know that Join Avenue WILL allow you to get a stat raised after 100 EVs in that stat. I know this because I got its services for Pokemon after they rejected vitamins.

I don't know if it actually contributes to your EV total past 100, though I would assume it probably does, and I don't know if it'll stop you at 252, or allow you to keep paying.

Anyone done some careful research who can help us?
    Also, does Pokérus double the EVs gained? It doesn't for vitamins, so I doubt it will here, but just want to be sure.

At this point, since I haven't gone and pokechecked anything, I can't even be sure that you're actually getting what you pay for when you buy an EV-raising service over 100 EVs in a stat. It could be like a real workout/lunch and you don't turn it down just because you already have all you need. I have to monitor myself very carefully to make sure I don't turn orange because of my love of carrots, after all.

I'm planning on moving my BW1 team, who are EV trained, over sometime this weekend. When I do that, I will check the following things:

1. Whether a 510 Pokemon can get the service
    2. Whether a near-510 Pokemon can get the service

If I also get around to pokechecking, I may also check these things:

3. If the service works past 100 EVs
    4. Whether Pokerus doubles anything
    5. Whether bracers add +4

so far i'm not getting an answer so i'm just going to make my own research, join in if you want, so far I trained a pokemon with the lv. 8 sp.def training twice so pretty much I gave'd 16 sp.def EVs to my pokemon or something

Does putting up new shops after the old shops reach max level raise your popularity? I've already put up a new Antique shop and Raffle shop.
    Black 2 FC: 1679-1499-2532
    US 3DS FC: 0173-1364-7622
    Seigaiha City Faceboard:
    • Gothitelle
    • Marlon
    • Man outside PokeCenter
    • Salaryman

Avenue Gym Visitors:
    • Skyla
    • Burgh
    • Cynthia
    • Roxie

Lightbulb so I noticed Magnemite is the most traded on GTS...

I found it rather peculiar at first, and later when i surfed through Gamefaqs, I came acrossed this thread on the Black 2 Board that turned out to be an effort to help others improve their join avenue through the GTS.

absolutely genius, and it definitely saves me some dignity because I don't quite have a team I'm confident can hold their own on Random Battles...

just wondering, though... who's already aware of this "Magnemite Coil"?

Add Chiss on Facebook

Default Re: so I noticed Magnemite is the most traded on GTS...

That sounds like a great idea. :o

The Magnemite Coil is a thing of beauty.

Blog Entries

That is a really cool idea. I'm not confident enough to do random battles :( and I haven't used the GTS much but this idea sounds fantastic.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 5200 2131 6316

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix502 View Post
    I found it rather peculiar at first, and later when i surfed through Gamefaqs, I came acrossed this thread on the Black 2 Board that turned out to be an effort to help others improve their join avenue through the GTS.

absolutely genius, and it definitely saves me some dignity because I don't quite have a team I'm confident can hold their own on Random Battles...

just wondering, though... who's already aware of this "Magnemite Coil"?
    Besides the people in this thread? Everybody over here in Japan, and whoever else heard about it online.
    Seigaiha City Faceboard:
    • Gothitelle
    • Marlon
    • Man outside PokeCenter
    • Salaryman

Avenue Gym Visitors:
    • Skyla
    • Burgh
    • Cynthia
    • Roxie

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Every time I've tried the Magnemite Coil lately it says it was already traded to another trainer. In fact, I get that message a lot in general.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Every time I've tried the Magnemite Coil lately it says it was already traded to another trainer. In fact, I get that message a lot in general.
    As do I. I just keep running through the listings until I can make a trade. My trick has been to not trade with the trainer in the center but try someone on the extreme right or left side. The ones in the very center usually have already been spoken for, I've found. Hope this helps and good luck.

My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    As do I. I just keep running through the listings until I can make a trade. My trick has been to not trade with the trainer in the center but try someone on the extreme right or left side. The ones in the very center usually have already been spoken for, I've found. Hope this helps and good luck.

My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.
    Instead of searching for a Magnemite when you first go into the trading station, either: catch one and offer it with the request of one with the usual any level, or recieve one from a previous trade, put it back in, and request another one. That way, you'll be almost gauranteed to get a different trainer to trade with you, and you won't have to choose a person to trade with.
    Seigaiha City Faceboard:
    • Gothitelle
    • Marlon
    • Man outside PokeCenter
    • Salaryman

Avenue Gym Visitors:
    • Skyla
    • Burgh
    • Cynthia
    • Roxie

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    I've been having the same trouble. Have you gotten to the Day Care Center yet? I haven't, and I suspect that's why.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast