The introduction of brand new Pokemon - excited or indifferent? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The introduction of brand new Pokemon - excited or indifferent?

Nyx

Default Re: The introduction of brand new Pokemon - excited or indifferent?

Are you kiddin'? That's the very best part of each generation, I'm beyond excited!! I know I will hate some of the new pokemon but I know I'll love a lot of them too. I disagree with those who say the pokemon introduced in the last few generations are not as good. IMO, every generation introduced someone amazing pokemon and some lame pokemon (yes, including Gen I and Gen II).

Blog Entries

Yeah a lot of Gen I mon's are pretty lame (seriously, Magneton, Electrode, Dodrio, Muk you guys fail) some pretty awesome ones (The starters, Arcanine, Ninetales, Gengar) but honestly if Gen I wasn't Gen I you guy's would be bitching about how bland they were it's a stupid double standard. Gen II had a lot of Pokemon I liked but I find it far overrated... the Pokemon was great but Johto is a pretty week region and Kanto Pokemon stole the spotlight.

I'm very excited at the prospect I loved a lot of the Gen V mon's sure some of them were expies but I think a lot were done better (Trubbish is hardly the most creative mon but he's better than a smiling pile of sludge) Drilbur actually looks like a mole and Venipede and Sewaddle were actually usable
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Yeah a lot of Gen I mon's are pretty lame (seriously, Magneton, Electrode, Dodrio, Muk you guys fail) some pretty awesome ones (The starters, Arcanine, Ninetales, Gengar) but honestly if Gen I wasn't Gen I you guy's would be bitching about how bland they were it's a stupid double standard. Gen II had a lot of Pokemon I liked but I find it far overrated... the Pokemon was great but Johto is a pretty week region and Kanto Pokemon stole the spotlight.

I'm very excited at the prospect I loved a lot of the Gen V mon's sure some of them were expies but I think a lot were done better (Trubbish is hardly the most creative mon but he's better than a smiling pile of sludge) Drilbur actually looks like a mole and Venipede and Sewaddle were actually usable
    ^This. Had the tables been reversed where Gen 5 Pokemon were the originals and Gen 1 Pokemon were just recently released, a bigger sh*tstorm would have occurred. In my opinion, Gen 2 had the most blandest designs. I think out of all the Pokemon from that generation, I only like enough that I could count on my two hands. G/S/C are seriously the most overrated games of this franchise!

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    In my opinion, Gen 2 had the most blandest designs. I think out of all the Pokemon from that generation, I only like enough that I could count on my two hands. G/S/C are seriously the most overrated games of this franchise!
    I agree with this completely, but that's another topic entirely.

I do have to say, I'm sorta hesitant of once we get all the new mons. The reveal period'll be great, but once they're all out there. Each generation starting with IV, I've been less and less interested, just in the franchise as a whole. That's growing up, but it is sorta disappointing. I find myself putting in less and less effort to learn the names, especially the English names, of all the new pokemon. It's not because I think they're shittier or look like Digimon, but just waning interest. I just know that with each generation that comes out, I'll be less and less interested in the franchise as a whole.

In my ideal world, we'd be getting a new pokemon revealed every week continuously. Once all the pokemon of a generation were revealed, the games would pop on out and the next week we'd be getting the reveal of the first pokemon of the next generation, and that process just went on for 3 or so years until a next generation was built up.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

I gotta say that I am incredibly excited to see new Pokemon. To me, more Pokemon add to the variety that the series has, and that each monster adds some kind of diversity to the line-up. I'll freely welcome them among the roster of the other Pokemon as I did with Gen V, which -- along with Gen III -- contains the most Pokemon that I have found myself liking.

I do hope that there ends up being a real oddball or two among the new Pokemon. I don't know why, but such things I find an interest in. Just like Stunfisk, who I find to be one of the greatest little oddballs.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

There's always a hint of excitement somewhere within me but it's the same ride for each Generation really, new Pokemon, new Storyline, new games and after Six generations it can become repetitive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123