Insane asking prices at the GTS - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Insane asking prices at the GTS

Default Re: Insane asking prices at the GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Froakiepie View Post
    Don't forget Archeops. It seems like everyone mashed a through that part of the game and ended up with a turtle.
    What's wrong with Turtles? This game needs more Turtles!

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Yeah, exactly, and that's exactly why I highly doubt you're going to be willing to trade away those Pokémon you worked so hard for.
    Well, you'd be surprised. Sometimes, just because you're lucky enough to get the Shiny,
    doesn't mean you get a Nature worth playing for.
    So, if you think you can get something better for it, it might be worth throwing it away.....

Then again, if you've just cloned them anyway, you really aren't losing anything.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

yeah the carracosta of love needs more props, dude is nasty

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Do you guys know another thing that drives me nuts? When I go to the GTS Negotiations and I find a person who immediately starts bragging about their shiny legendaries. I mean, I'm not stupid. I know all those are illegal. It's way too much coincidence that you have a shiny Lugia, as well as a shiny Mewtwo, as well as a shiny Mew, as well as a shiny Kyogre, as well as a shiny [mention every single existing legendary]. Dude, I just want normal, standard Pokémon. Not your stupid illegal and overrated shiny legendaries.
    I've seen someone on the GTS Negotiations brag about a shiny Groudon -.-
    Do they really think bragging about those pokemon will let them get what they want?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Yeah, exactly, and that's exactly why I highly doubt you're going to be willing to trade away those Pokémon you worked so hard for.
    Well, you'd be surprised. Sometimes, just because you're lucky enough to get the Shiny,
    doesn't mean you get a Nature worth playing for.
    So, if you think you can get something better for it, it might be worth throwing it away.....

Then again, if you've just cloned them anyway, you really aren't losing anything.
    Me personally, no. I wouldn't give up a shiny. However, some of the ones I've gotten via GTS, I can understand. Be honest here: would you train/keep a Timid Natured Klutz Golett, even if it was a shiny? Most would chuck the poor thing because they would see it as a liability. It doesn't have to strictly be Nature, either. I have an Adamant shiny Gobit that was offered up for a female Gible. Youmeikibow--that's the little fella's name--is perfect in three Stats, including Attack. So why would anyone give him up? One word: Klutz.

(You watch: Golurk will get a Steel upgrade in Gen VI and all the Iron Fisters and No Guarders will keep their Abilities...but the Klutzes will get Levitate. I swear, GF would do something like this just to troll us...!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I've seen someone on the GTS Negotiations brag about a shiny Groudon -.-
    Do they really think bragging about those pokemon will let them get what they want?
    I think that's what half these people are doing on the GTS. I have a hard time believing that each and every Golurk being offered up for a level 9 and under Reshiram is being cloned. I really think these guys are just showing off.

The GTS is odd, to say the least. I've gotten legit shinies for little more than a common Pokemon and hackjobs that were offered up for a level 100 Arceus. I swear, the going rates on GTS are just ludicrous.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345