If you worked for GF... - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: If you worked for GF...

Blog Entries

Default Re: If you worked for GF...

Fix the GTS. That is all.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would push for...

Expanding the personality value or the use thereof to offer more depth to a pokemon's individuality.
    Bringing Pokemon-following back.
    Adding more sidequests or extend sidequests in general.
    Increasing the pervasiveness of field moves in the overworld (but at the same time keeping them reasonably optional).
    Taking the Black and White battle visuals while blending front sprites better, adding B2W2 Pokewood-like backgrounds, and adding more animation types to a pokemon other than idle standing.
    Also, making moves execute on screen when missing or failing.
    Add an unlockable hard mode as an Old Save Bonus. If you've got an old pokemon game, you can clearly be considered a veteran!
    Bring back contests and pokethlon, with ball capsule seals that matter, and accessories that stick to the pokemon's parts like in the musicals.

Less than I thought, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    I would start trying to learn to speak and read Japanese so that I can communicate with the rest of the staff.
    Perhaps James Turner could help you with that one. XD
    Oh?

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

I would give the fans what they want! Of course I'd still be respectful of GFs wishes, but I'd be the person who would go on all the forums and find out what the fans are really after. And yes, that would definitely include a Pokémon anime for the older fans.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

If I could? Well, there's a lot of things to change. And that's mainly to make the games harder, bigger and anythingelser.

I'd make it so that from the start you could choose your mode: Normal, easy(assist) or hard(challenge), rather than having to trade, or work through the game first.
    On the note of working through the game first, I'd make it so that you can have new game + modes. These would enhance the game for things done in each prior playthrough, such as unlocking more characters, or extra side quests.

Talking about side quests, I'd make it so that there are many more side quests. And more in-depth ones, that might take a long time, so has a bigger impact, such as unlocking extra characters or getting very rare items. These could relate to other characters, to make the game more in depth. They could also have an impact on the new game +, unlocking extra features for the game, which encourages people to play more. Speaking more about new game +, there should also be more than one save file. I'll be happy with three.

In terms of making the game harder, everything would be scaled up. So Normal would be harder than it is now, Challenge would be very difficult. (Although I've not played it yet, I'd want Challenge to be really really really hard.) Assist would be easy, as that's it's point. The game would be harder by having a smarter A.I, making battles harder. There would be a high level curve, particularly in gyms. Trainers should give less money, to make buying potions and the like harder. Also, back to gyms, gym leaders should have more Pokemon than the current three, maybe four or even five, and they should have a higher A.I than the normal A.I (of my ideal game.)

Finally, characters. I'd make character customisation, and the ability to build up a character. Such as various questions asked by NPC's and more things you can change on your Trainer Card that show your personality and interests, which could influence how people act around and talk to you. It could even affect cut scenes and what the main character says. Oh and the visual cut scenes akin to Persona 3 that were mentioned before, I'd like that as well. Also, as part of side quests, they should allow you to control other characters in mini side quests, maybe ones focussing on the past. These could even be included as a bonus, or part of the +. Say that you defeat all the champions in the World Championship, in the + if you speak to...say Red, you can re-enact his championship battle with Blue (even the E4) with the Pokemon he uses in the cup. I'd love that.

I'd make trainers have more interesting teams. I hate seeing teams such as Koffing, Koffing, Koffing, Weezing and general pokemon that every trainer in a region seems to have. Trainers would have teams consisting of 3+ pokemon and there would be more multi type trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by SageGaga View Post
    - The ability to rebattle nearly every trainer via a yes or no option if you talk to defeated trainers again.

- I'd break the supposed rule on starter secondary types. So a Water/Psychic, Fire/Dark and Grass/Fighting

- HMs wouldn't exist and field moves wouldn't be needed to progress, though would obviously still exist. Most HMs would turn into TMs. I honestly prefer random broken bridges and flags over HM obstacles.

I wouldn't mind if none of this happened, though.
    But the whole point of those rules is that by the end of the game they still form a type triangle.

Fan of Fire. Master Clyde Super's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Master Clyde Super On Twitter Add Master Clyde Super on Google+
    Visit Master Clyde Super's Youtube Channel

Sorry if this is posted, I was kinda reading fast so I wouldn't forget:
    1. Make all event-only Pokemon attainable without events. Even Pokemon from past generations.
    2. Make the next region or two completely finish Japan (you know how Kanto looks like, well, Kanto? If you didn't know, most regions did the other parts of Japan, but some were left out).
    3. I would use the Pokedex 3D models. I don't need contact even, just 3D models. Each one could have, like, 10 animations and each move would trigger a certain animation for the PKMN
    4. Make trainers move around, and have some be 'yes, no'.
    5. POKEMON DANCE CONTEST
    6. Pokemon Snap 3D. Now.
    7. Trainer Customazion

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    - The ability to rebattle nearly every trainer via a yes or no option if you talk to defeated trainers again.

- I'd break the supposed rule on starter secondary types. So a Water/Psychic, Fire/Dark and Grass/Fighting

- HMs wouldn't exist and field moves wouldn't be needed to progress, though would obviously still exist. Most HMs would turn into TMs. I honestly prefer random broken bridges and flags over HM obstacles.

But the whole point of those rules is that by the end of the game they still form a type triangle.
    That almost never happened, except when all final forms were pure-typed (Gen II). In Gen I Charizard had double resistance to Grass, in Gen III Swampert had double weakness to Grass, in Gen IV everything was screwed (Empoleon no longer weak to Grass and no longer resistant to Fire, both Empoleon and Infername weak to Torterra's Ground). At least in Gen V, Emboar's Fighting type is neutral against both Serperior and Samurott...

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post

That almost never happened, except when all final forms were pure-typed (Gen II). In Gen I Charizard had double resistance to Grass, in Gen III Swampert had double weakness to Grass, in Gen IV everything was screwed (Empoleon no longer weak to Grass and no longer resistant to Fire, both Empoleon and Infername weak to Torterra's Ground). At least in Gen V, Emboar's Fighting type is neutral against both Serperior and Samurott...
    Well, that's a good point, but giving them the secondary Psychic/Dark/Fighting would be completely unfair since that's not just disadvantage, that's full immunity (Psychic/Dark).

I also really want them to make a new Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap. Pokemon Snap would look awesome with today's graphics and the amount of pokemon. And Pokemon Stadium had so many awesome features.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I worked for GameFreak, I would add evolutions, (I am looking at you, Luvdisc....) and maybe improve certain sprites. Of, course, if I could have a say in that stuff. ^^
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Blog Entries

I would make the pokemon gyms harder. Also, just for the hell of it, I would make Mewthree. I would also make a game where every main series region is explorable. Also, make a bundle pack with every main series pokemon game from Generation I to Generation # , including remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySeviper1 View Post
    If I worked for GameFreak, I would add evolutions, (I am looking at you, Luvdisc....) and maybe improve certain sprites. Of, course, if I could have a say in that stuff. ^^
    Agreed, I like what they tried to do with the sprites in BW, but some of them looked awful. "Cough" Meganium, "cough" Houndoom.
    ShinySceptile1 likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345