If you worked for GF... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If you worked for GF...

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: If you worked for GF...

I would start trying to learn to speak and read Japanese so that I can communicate with the rest of the staff.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

-Proper Landscaping. If there are slopes on the route, then the routes gonna be raised for the slope.
    -NFC chips in Pokeballs.
    -The Poke-tech of the gen will read the data off of the NFC chips, and the battle screens are actual readings off of the protags watch.
    -The watch is on screen, all the time. Only feature it doesn't have would be the trainer card, badges, medal case, and bag.
    -Proper mini-map, for proper dungeons. I'm talking bout 10 floor beasts with no way out but up.
    -Tents for mid route/mid dungeon healing. One use and very expensive.
    -Route battles are required to battle the route masters, which have their own ranking system. Beat them all and you are the route king.
    -Post game defending champion role. You are only the champion if you beat anyone who defies you. The E4 champion is a title champion. That would mean its a permanent role to challenge the new defending champ. Meaning you would need to beat the previous Champ before going up against the E4.
    -The E4 themselves would offer parts of a champion badge, with the champion offering the final part.
    - The gates would be part of the Victory road cave itself, each floor offering a challenge based on the badge type. Each badge type would also offer Pokemon respective to said type.
    -Caves are now dark dank black pits with the way out being lighted by artificial lights. Going outside of the boundaries of those light would introduce wild Pokemon to battle and trainers to beat.
    -HM's are specific, meaning only few can use them, and they are limited by very special things. Rock Climb, Flash, and surf would be used with items instead.
    -Seasonal clothing!
    -Upgradeable badges. First stage would be like the Kanto badges. Stages 2-4 would be bronze silver and gold, like PT and B2W2 badges, with a 5th stage adding on to the badge design as an expert badge.
    -All 5 stages offer a new challenge, and they split the gym puzzles into 3 difficulties. Stages 2-4 would be the same but with a different route/solution, with stage 5 being a mega puzzle to test your wits.
    -Hidden ability Pokemon become as rare as shiny Pokemon, as well as being aesthetically different. Either the coloring would change, its sprite stance and the coloring, or perhaps even additional looks, like Shell Armor Oshawott gaining more shells.
    -A multi generational plot, and a new canon. I'm serious, start with gen 5 and go with it from there. Retcon the PWT outside of the Acrhoma bit, and give the older regions some love by giving them all e-shop games. Have them 2D with 3D cutscenes, rework the regions a bit, give them some fancy sequencing, and after a couple or so gens give Unova a chance and so on so forth.

Like a Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Umm I guess nothing. Why fix something that isn't broken.

I guess ramp up marketing.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Add a way to see EVs and IVs better and to explain them well in-game.

Seriously, a vague "Its potential is outstanding!" doesn't help at all.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Blog Entries

I'd add customizeable player characters. That way, your character can actually look like you. And there wouldn't be anymore crappy designs. Like visors.
    I'd also make it so it's easier to get pokemon from previous games, and make it easier to tell EV's and IV's. That way, people could get much better at competitive, and they wouldn't lose 30 seconds after starting the battle.
    Also, I would try to figure out some way to determine who disconnects on random matchup and tournament battles and if it was turning off the power of a connection problem. That way, ragequitters are penalized.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Add a way to see EVs and IVs better and to explain them well in-game.

Seriously, a vague "Its potential is outstanding!" doesn't help at all.
    I approve of this message.

One thing I thought of is how Victory Road is always a cave. I think they should make it one final route like route 26/7 in SS, but massive and packed with trainers.

Blog Entries

- The ability to rebattle nearly every trainer via a yes or no option if you talk to defeated trainers again.

- I'd break the supposed rule on starter secondary types. So a Water/Psychic, Fire/Dark and Grass/Fighting

- HMs wouldn't exist and field moves wouldn't be needed to progress, though would obviously still exist. Most HMs would turn into TMs. I honestly prefer random broken bridges and flags over HM obstacles.

I wouldn't mind if none of this happened, though.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

Blog Entries

If I worked for GF, I'd overhaul the entire story. I'd make the player character a cigar smoking alcoholic murder investigator in the dark and musty streets Goldenrod city with his/her partner Pokemon, a Plusle that was disfigured by a freak chemical accident three years ago and now has three eyes and four hands. The story begins with the mysterious rape and murder of visiting gym leader Crasher Wake. You quickly realize that Wake was involved in a botched ponzi scheme spearheaded by Team Rocket. Now, this wouldn't be a problem for you because Giovanni usually pays you off to turn the other cheek in these situations, but Wake was your girlfriend/boyfriend's (opposite gender PC) father-slash-lover for the past fifteen years and you feel a morbid compulsion to seek closure.

Yup, I think that would be the best change possible.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    If I worked for GF, I'd overhaul the entire story. I'd make the player character a cigar smoking alcoholic murder investigator in the dark and musty streets Goldenrod city with his/her partner Pokemon, a Plusle that was disfigured by a freak chemical accident three years ago and now has three eyes and four hands. The story begins with the mysterious rape and murder of visiting gym leader Crasher Wake. You quickly realize that Wake was involved in a botched ponzi scheme spearheaded by Team Rocket. Now, this wouldn't be a problem for you because Giovanni usually pays you off to turn the other cheek in these situations, but Wake was your girlfriend/boyfriend's (opposite gender PC) father-slash-lover for the past fifteen years and you feel a morbid compulsion to seek closure.

O_o Your... kidding, right?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    You're absolutely right. You can't have a Plusle without a Minun. A disfigured Mareep with two tails and five legs then.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    You're absolutely right. You can't have a Plusle without a Minun. A disfigured Mareep with two tails and five legs then.
    *breaking glass sound* I think you just shattered my childhood innasents.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, that plot is so Dark even Flash couldn't lighten it up if it tried.

Crazy Dragon-lover. D; Tetrahedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

Then, I would make Challenge Mode available from the start. Having the option at the very beginning to play on Assist Mode, Normal Mode or Challenge Mode - with Challenge Mode skipping the tutorial bit (still having the story begin, but remove the rather tedious "This is how you catch a Pokémon!" stuff). The Gyms also need to be harder - even for normal mode. Also, I'm getting bored of them all having no more than three Pokémon; I want Gyms 4-8 to gradually increase their numbers and for each Elite 4 member to have 5/6 Pokémon. On Challenge Mode, I'd add in a rule that you can only use the same number of Pokémon as the Gym Leader/Elite 4 member you are facing. Also, the Elite 4 could do with a better AI.
    I wouldn't mind something like this, but I would have all gym leaders have four to six PokeMon. Gyms should be challenging, even at the beginning, and many kids like challenge and competition. I mean, that's what I liked even as a 6 year old first starting out and playing Red and Blue. Of course, challenge has a different definition than it does to me now, but there's nothing wrong with a game that's challenging while still being for kids. If a 5 year old can beat a game like the original Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, or A Link to the Past (both rather challenging for a kid of that age...and even for older gamers...I'm just using these as examples), then a kid can handle a more challenging Pokemon game. Plus, like, I wouldn't mind having a game that's my level. With trainers that choose good attacks, have higher level Pokemon etc.

Actually, what would be awesome is if trainers Pokemon leveled up with yours. Meaning that, even if my Pokemon are all level 20 my opponent will have Pokemon around the same level. Yes, it decreases grinding in some ways, but they could also cut it to an extent by making the trainer's Pokemon xx level or higher. That might be a little much, but I'm sure no one would be screaming that their games aren't challenging then! xD

In terms of a region, I would like one based on Europe - with each different town/city based on a different country in the continent. This would also naturally mean a lot more Pokémon based on European myths and legends. If I was to design a new generation of Pokémon, I would also put a lot of emphasis on Grass, Ice, Poison and Dark-type Pokémon (like how Generation V gave Bug-type Pokémon a huge boost).

Also, I would love if there were some more Orre adventures (I don't believe GF made them, but I would have to check on it) or adventures that were more alike to them. A darker theme and plot, a more story-driven narrative, and an older protagonist. It doesn't have to be the main series, but perhaps a side one or a series that is on Wii U. The brilliance of Colosseum I think was that it wasn't aimed only at the kiddies, it was aimed at them and more mature audiences and it worked. I'm not particularly fond of XD though, it just feels too much like a copy of Colosseum...for a series on the console, they would need to have the originality (for Pokemon) that the first game did for it to work well and not the same, old formula used in those games or the handheld ones.

Blog Entries

I would make an Elder Scrolls-like Pokemon game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast