If Pokemon X and Y were cancelled... - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: If Pokemon X and Y were cancelled...

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

Default Re: If Pokemon X and Y were cancelled...

I'd be shocked.After all, I bought a 3DS just for that game...
    But then again, Gamefreak isn't stupid enough to cancel the first 3D Pokemon game...it would result in so many pokemon fans to just drop out of the series

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

I'd be broken. Really, I would be. I'd get over it, but there'd be that small, teeny part that never healed...

I was only really there for the releases of DP/Pt and HGSS. I wasn't old enough for anything older, and Black and White just, I dunno... I really regret not being there for BW/2. I promised myself I'd be there for XY, and it's been really easy falling back into older habits after such a long and thick break. X and Y are the games that will bring me back into the franchise (even if I have to buy a 3DS) and I guess... I dunno. You know that feeling you get after you work really hard on something and then it's utterly destroyed and you don't have the heart to start again? I think it'd be like that.

So, to answer the OP, a ten. Definitely. And a hell of a lot of controversy. ie. "WE WILL MARCH ON THE GAMEFREAK BULDING/PALACE/PARLIAMENT/WHATEVER ELSE!" Okay, maybe not quite that bad, but still awful.

BUT THERE'S VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE IN THIS HAPPENING SO EVERYONE CHEER.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

I'm aren't surprising if XY were delayed one month or so. Not because of Japan, not because the US (and the English version in general) but because there's a risk in having problems in releasing the Spanish and/or Italian versions of the games.

Release a Pokemon game worldwide is really hard. Release a Pokemon game in Spain and Italy is really really really hard. I'm 100% sure that GF are prepared for the first, but it's possible that the other "really" could be too much on Nintendo.

If there are problems of having been released the games in October, it probably will be from those two countries.

If the games get cancelled,

Goodbye new video games, goodbye TV show, goodbye comics, goodbye cards, goodbye merchandising, goodbye Pokemon.

A game with worldwide release for the first time could be delayed because one of the parts don't have the games. If it happens, Nintendo will try to make the gap unnoticeable or short.

Note: I made the post taking count in the stage of planning who I'm imagining right now in each of the version (in the way it's possible).
    Last edited by Nymphia; 5th April 2013 at 10:34 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

It's a major game release in the main series of one of the highest-grossing video game franchises of all time, as well as being part of one of the top three video game publishers' lineup, and has already been given enough hype as it is. Cancelling it would be incredibly disappointing. 10/10

Question. This is a bit of an odd question isn't it?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Darkrai is unstoppable!!! Shadowlord XD's Avatar
    Add Shadowlord XD on Facebook
    Visit Shadowlord XD's Youtube Channel

I doubt 99.9% that it would be cancelled, but a delay is possible. If it does somehow happen though, I would be 95% dissapointed. I wouldn't mind if I have to wait around another year for a RSE remake, but if there isn't, then maybe I would move to Digimon instead....
    Yato likes this.

Creddit goes to Blue Dragon for this awesome sig. Request your own at http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

If XY were cancelled, I'll give up this franchise I've favored for over a decade. And, Nintendo will lose a lot of financial numbers they earned yearly.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

I doubt they wouldshut it down.Besides, they are gen 6 pokemon

I HATE MYSELF!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'd be immensely disappointed. I could understand delaying them for a bit, especially when this is their first attempt at a worldwide release, but I would be broken up if they were cancelled after how eager I've been to play them. It would be an incredibly bad move on Game Freak's part, so I highly doubt that they'll go that route.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The amount of controversy would be ludicrous. The potentially best Pokémon game ever, cancelled. Probably would cause the end of the franchise. Then I would have no more use for Game Freak... and hunt them down one by one for breaking my soul with the end of my and millions of the people's favorite series.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd be a 12. My reactions would go as follows: Shock --> Denial --> Rage --> Depression.

I think I like Pokémon too much.
    Phoenixon and The Froakster like this.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

8ther likes this.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

again, chances of RSE remakes×

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    again, chances of RSE remakes×
    It would shut GF down. How does a shut-down company make remakes of anything? Why would they make Gen III remakes anyway
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Registered User HoppytheCourier's Avatar

Post Re: If Pokemon X and Y were cancelled...

If I heard that Pokemon X and Y were canceled I would probably shrug my shoulders and move on. I would be somewhat disillusioned that the effort that GameFreak and their fans have put into making these games a reality would all be for naught. I would also be disappointed that I wouldn't get to experience a new Pokemon game on the day of its release and share my experiences with other people that share my interests. After all, isn't it fun to experience new things with new people?

Rating: 8/10

Dex

"High object. Got to find a high object."

I'd be disappointed. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would probably ruin my day. It might make me more likely to go back and buy some of the previous generation games that I don't have yet.

8.5/10

As a note, the only way it would happen is if Gamefreak imploded. Even then, with the game approaching completion, they'd likely finish it out to help cushion the financial blow. At this point, cost to finish it is so much lower than profit, that they'd at least try to take in what they could before closing.
    Last edited by Dex; 19th May 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast