Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s) - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s)

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Due to the similar nature of this thread, I'll just paste this post I made over two years ago that basically covers every possible fan type and why they could be classified as part of an already existing type or why they shouldn't (and possibly will never) exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    It's not a question of creativity (if it was, I'd propose something awesome). It's a question of what would fit with the current types available. (And there are technically 136 typings available atm, btw)

Radioactive - Radioactivity is a result of electric imbalances at the nucleus. (can be classified as Poison (due to effects on creatures) or Electric (because it's electric imbalances).
    Nuclear - Nuclei are held together by very strong magnetic forces at the subatomic level. When those bonds are split, an enormous amount of energy is released. (Can be classified as Electric due to magnetism)
    Light - Light itself is a type of energy wave that is of the "middle" wavelengths, varying from Red (lowest) to Violet (highest) (follow rainbow colors). It's a type of energy. It disrupts the bonds between atoms (not subatomic bonds mind you) and causes heat. It can be classified as either Fire (because of heat) or Electric (because of energy)
    Holy - This is assumed: Game Freak does not direct religious ties. However, the Fighting-type already represents heros which is why Fighting is super-effective against Dark, the villians.
    Storm - Wind and water. Flying or Water
    Plasma - a form of matter at a higher energy state than gas. Electric.
    Sound - One I could see working but they would have to change quite a few move types and (maybe) add some more types to certain Pokemon (not replace types. That has never been done before and it would be stupid to do so imo. Magnemite was Electric in Gen I, Electric-Steel in Gen II. They added a type, not replaced it)
    Star - Stars are, well, stars. Fire or Rock.
    Steam - Boiling Water is an attack now. Water.
    Virus - Depends on the type of virus meant. Electric (Computer) or Poison (cold, flu, etc.).
    Sonic - A fancy word for Sound. See Sound.

Magic - No.
    Time - Dialga is fine at Dragon/Steel and Celebi at Grass/Psychic.
    Crystal/Glass - Minerals. Rock.
    Heart - Wut.
    Wind - Flying. Or Electric due to energy that causes wind.
    Space - No.
    Wood - Grass.
    Fossil - Rock.
    Ceramic - Ground or Rock.
    Magnet - Electric.
    Food/Culinary - Grass or xxx/Fire (xxx being any other type with Fire to cook it)
    Caustic/Acid - Acid is a Poison move. Poison.
    Virtual/Digital/Cyber - Porygon line says hi. Normal or Electric.
    Capital/Institution - What is this I don't even.

Aura - Not really explored but is similar to Psychic abilities. Psychic.
    Bird - MISSINGNO WTFBOOM. Replaced by Flying in Gen I.
    Dance - Dance is something that all living things should have a grasp of, even if its used for different purposes. Normal.
    Zombie = Ghost covers death and spirits. Ghost.
    Plastic - Fire or one of the mineral types.
    Cloth - No.
    Speed - Yes, because a stat needs its own type.
    Air - See Wind.
    LOVE - See Heart.
    Cosmic - Uh, no? Cosmic is basically every element found here on Earth, minus life.
    Paper - is made of plants. Grass/Water or just Grass.
    Reptile - Dragon.
    Mystic - Wut.

Now, onto what I said earlier. Poison needs rebalancing to make it SE to the things it should be SE against. What does Poison do to living things? It kills them. Insecticides and such. SE to Bug and Fighting and maybe another of the 14 other types.
    Now, I think the game has come too far for just a randomly added new type come Generation 6. I'd rather see some type re-balancing, such as my two year-old comment on Poison and, now that I've thought about it, Ice because Ice-type Pokemon suck and it's much better to have Ice as a coverage move than to use an Ice-type.

This so much.

And Poison should be SE against Water.
    But bugs can adapt to poison. Should be dark that is weak if you ask me. BTW I find dark to be good at being more subtle about it's tactics not evil.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Unless..... They were to introduce a Completely Neutral Type that would have no Strengths or weaknesses and would be solely Lore-based......

Fun Idea but would have no real effect on Gameplay.
    I could see this working- have the type be defined by the Pokemon associated with it more than by its relations to the other types. On the other hand, unless you start allowing triple types, every Pokemon of this type would essentially be monotype... I can't really see there being non-gimmick Pokemon with only a completely neutral type as well. But if the Pokemon themselves are useful and interesting enough, that shouldn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Ground and Rock should just be conglomerated into an "Earth" type, IMO. Apart from that, Sound is the only new type I could get behind. All of the others are covered by existing types (including Light).

I would also like to see the ???-type being elevated to actual type status, rather than just as a stand in for Eggs & Curse. It could be the weak to everything but SE on everything type that was mentioned earlier, or alternately could have no weakness or SE types. It would also be fun to design Pokemon for; they could draw inspiration from al the past glitchmon we've had (Missingno. ftw! <3).

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Music? haha

aaaa water must be weak to poison!!!!

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    I would also like to see the ???-type being elevated to actual type status, rather than just as a stand in for Eggs & Curse. It could be the weak to everything but SE on everything type that was mentioned earlier, or alternately could have no weakness or SE types. It would also be fun to design Pokemon for; they could draw inspiration from al the past glitchmon we've had (Missingno. ftw! <3).
    Well, considering the ???-type was removed completely in Gen. V, I doubt they'll bring it back, let alone introduce it as an official type.

Is it just me or does sound-type sound unPokemonish? I can't really explain it but it just seems unPokemonish to me. In fact, not just sound but also a lot of the other types that have been suggested.

Light-type sounds okay as a Pokemon type, though I wouldn't really want GF to add any new types. We already have seventeen and I doubt any other games have that many. But if they do... they should totally make a light-type eeveelution and call it Lumineon.

2664-2340-0333 SV{153} Pyroclastic Friend's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend On Twitter
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by troltik View Post
    But if they do... they should totally make a light-type eeveelution and call it Lumineon.
    I don't this name could work..

How about an Illusion type? It could use transform like Ditto.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by LukeMCFC141 View Post
    Eh.. I think that's too specific to be a type. Only three Pokémon could be this type and it's pointless having a type for three Pokémon.
    Obscure Echo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMCFC141 View Post
    Eh.. I think that's too specific to be a type. Only three Pokémon could be this type and it's pointless having a type for three Pokémon.
    I agree, in order for a new type to be created or even seriously considered it can't be overly specific and must apply to a significant amount of Pokémon.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

Talking Re: Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s)

I think that with the recent introduction of the Fairy type, Light type wouldn't be needed, but here are my ideas for the new types:

Sound
    Rubber/Plastic
    Mystic
    Light (maybe)

Sound would involve music, and like the intro for Fairy type, Pokemon will be changed to this type. For instance, Chatot could be changed to Sound/Flying type. Sound could also be super effective against Psychic and Fighting (makes them lose concentration I suppose) but weak against Ground and Water, since those muffle sound.

Rubber (or Plastic) would be immune to Electric but weak against Steel, Fire, Rock, etc. It could be super effective against Electric and maybe some others (I don't know at this time)

Then there's Mystic. My first idea for it would be that it's super effective against every other type, but every other type is super effective against it (except Mystic type, that wouldn't effect other Mystic types at all)

Then there's Light type, basically the opposite of Dark. Since they made Fairy type, which is kind of the opposite of Dark, I'm not completely sure about this idea.

Those are my ideas for the new types. BYE!

I'm actually making a list of them. Some of my ideas include:
    Magic
    Space
    Light
    Technology
    Air
    Wood
    Food

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really have any concrete ideas for this, but here's something to keep in mind if you want to take the idea of new types seriously (if not, just ignore this). Game Freak only seems to add new types to solve a type chart problem (Dark and Steel were added to nerf Psychic, Fairy types were added to nerf Dragon but also brought Fighting down a bit and gave less useful types like Poison and Steel some much needed offensive coverage), new types are created to add balance to the type chart. They're not just going to take any old type and give it arbitrary strengths and weaknesses, they need to carefully calculate what kinds of strengths and weaknesses it would have and how other types would be affected. Most of the usual ideas suggested like Light or Sound probably would not do this. If you want to be realistic about it, here are some weaknesses and resistances to consider adding:

-Super effective against Electric
    -Resisted by Grass, Rock, and Ice
    -Resistance to Fighting
    -Weakness to Dark or Ghost (we'd need two separate types to be added simultaneously for this to work, otherwise one type would be superior offensively to the other rendering the other useless as Poison and Steel were before Fairy's introduction)
    -Weakness to Grass and Bug

Off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that would really solve these problems.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th November 2013 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't really have any concrete ideas for this, but here's something to keep in mind if you want to take the idea of new types seriously (if not, just ignore this). Game Freak only seems to add new types to solve a type chart problem (Dark and Steel were added to nerf Psychic, Fairy types were added to nerf Dragon but also brought Fighting down a bit and gave less useful types like Poison and Steel some much needed offensive coverage), new types are created to add balance to the type chart. They're not just going to take any old type and give it arbitrary strengths and weaknesses, they need to carefully calculate what kinds of strengths and weaknesses it would have and how other types would be affected. Most of the usual ideas suggested like Light or Sound probably would not do this. If you want to be realistic about it, here are some weaknesses and resistances to consider adding:

-Super effective against Electric
    -Resisted by Grass, Rock, and Ice
    -Resistance to Fighting
    -Weakness to Dark or Ghost (we'd need two separate types to be added simultaneously for this to work, otherwise one type would be superior offensively to the other rendering the other useless as Poison and Steel were before Fairy's introduction)
    -Weakness to Grass and Bug

Off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that would really solve these problems.
    Totally agree, a new one must be thought carefully about.
    A new type? No, thanks. Adding too much will get the game a lot more complex but I were to add something. Instead of adding types, they can modify the chart of types weakness and effectiveness and normal type should have an advantage too.

Pokémon Y FC: 2723-9410-4398 Dragon Type:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast