Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s) - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s)

Default Re: Ideas For New Pokémon Type(s)

I've always thought of Normal Type being the Antithesis to Dark Type how they are both completely Neutral to each other, so a "Light" type sounds a bit cheezy.

Although, They could introduce "Aspects" rather then additional Types, which would add something interesting to the Mix.
    Aspects would be like an added Physical/Genetic Characteristic to some Pokemon.

Or maybe Add "Talents" to Pokemon. Talents can Change what Moves that Pokemon can learn or a Pokemon's effectiveness in Using certain moves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    I've always thought of Normal Type being the Antithesis to Dark Type how they are both completely Neutral to each other, so a "Light" type sounds a bit cheezy.

Although, They could introduce "Aspects" rather then additional Types, which would add something interesting to the Mix.
    Aspects would be like an added Physical/Genetic Characteristic to some Pokemon.

Or maybe Add "Talents" to Pokemon. Talents can Change what Moves that Pokemon can learn or a Pokemon's effectiveness in Using certain moves.
    There are a lot of type pairings that're completely neutral to each other. What makes normal and dark specifically antitheses of each other?

I do like the idea of additional attributes, though. It's something I've been thinking of myself.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Due to the similar nature of this thread, I'll just paste this post I made over two years ago that basically covers every possible fan type and why they could be classified as part of an already existing type or why they shouldn't (and possibly will never) exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    It's not a question of creativity (if it was, I'd propose something awesome). It's a question of what would fit with the current types available. (And there are technically 136 typings available atm, btw)

Radioactive - Radioactivity is a result of electric imbalances at the nucleus. (can be classified as Poison (due to effects on creatures) or Electric (because it's electric imbalances).
    Nuclear - Nuclei are held together by very strong magnetic forces at the subatomic level. When those bonds are split, an enormous amount of energy is released. (Can be classified as Electric due to magnetism)
    Light - Light itself is a type of energy wave that is of the "middle" wavelengths, varying from Red (lowest) to Violet (highest) (follow rainbow colors). It's a type of energy. It disrupts the bonds between atoms (not subatomic bonds mind you) and causes heat. It can be classified as either Fire (because of heat) or Electric (because of energy)
    Holy - This is assumed: Game Freak does not direct religious ties. However, the Fighting-type already represents heros which is why Fighting is super-effective against Dark, the villians.
    Storm - Wind and water. Flying or Water
    Plasma - a form of matter at a higher energy state than gas. Electric.
    Sound - One I could see working but they would have to change quite a few move types and (maybe) add some more types to certain Pokemon (not replace types. That has never been done before and it would be stupid to do so imo. Magnemite was Electric in Gen I, Electric-Steel in Gen II. They added a type, not replaced it)
    Star - Stars are, well, stars. Fire or Rock.
    Steam - Boiling Water is an attack now. Water.
    Virus - Depends on the type of virus meant. Electric (Computer) or Poison (cold, flu, etc.).
    Sonic - A fancy word for Sound. See Sound.

Magic - No.
    Time - Dialga is fine at Dragon/Steel and Celebi at Grass/Psychic.
    Crystal/Glass - Minerals. Rock.
    Heart - Wut.
    Wind - Flying. Or Electric due to energy that causes wind.
    Space - No.
    Wood - Grass.
    Fossil - Rock.
    Ceramic - Ground or Rock.
    Magnet - Electric.
    Food/Culinary - Grass or xxx/Fire (xxx being any other type with Fire to cook it)
    Caustic/Acid - Acid is a Poison move. Poison.
    Virtual/Digital/Cyber - Porygon line says hi. Normal or Electric.
    Capital/Institution - What is this I don't even.

Aura - Not really explored but is similar to Psychic abilities. Psychic.
    Bird - MISSINGNO WTFBOOM. Replaced by Flying in Gen I.
    Dance - Dance is something that all living things should have a grasp of, even if its used for different purposes. Normal.
    Zombie = Ghost covers death and spirits. Ghost.
    Plastic - Fire or one of the mineral types.
    Cloth - No.
    Speed - Yes, because a stat needs its own type.
    Air - See Wind.
    LOVE - See Heart.
    Cosmic - Uh, no? Cosmic is basically every element found here on Earth, minus life.
    Paper - is made of plants. Grass/Water or just Grass.
    Reptile - Dragon.
    Mystic - Wut.

Now, onto what I said earlier. Poison needs rebalancing to make it SE to the things it should be SE against. What does Poison do to living things? It kills them. Insecticides and such. SE to Bug and Fighting and maybe another of the 14 other types.
    Now, I think the game has come too far for just a randomly added new type come Generation 6. I'd rather see some type re-balancing, such as my two year-old comment on Poison and, now that I've thought about it, Ice because Ice-type Pokemon suck and it's much better to have Ice as a coverage move than to use an Ice-type.

This so much.

And Poison should be SE against Water.
    CorpseFlower and Green Zubat like this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequined Sirenia View Post
    The idea of Light-type always inflames my inner "but we're Westerners!" -organ, 'cause for what I understand, the Japanese are not so focused on pitting things against each other, as in Light vs. Dark or Good vs. Evil. So Gamefreak has rather built this "Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark -> Psychic" -triangle, because Mind and Wisdom rule over Body and Honor, who rule over Wickedness and Sneakiness, that can in turn corrupt a Great Mind of Wisdom etc etc. So it's a cycle.
    I don't see it going that way even if they do introduce a Light type honestly. Someone once had the bright idea (pun intended) to have it represent something like Buddhism enlightenment. I think it would be far more of a concept rather than something to oppose the Dark type. (which itself isn't evil)
    But Dark type is called Evil in Japanese, so how not-evil can it get?

Also, I can't see them going for Buddhist enlightenment any less than I can see them going for, say, Christian salvation.

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviaRangerLuvva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    A sound type would be nice but it would be broken since there are no types that can logically super effect it
    Psychic types could disrupt it.
    Add water, rock and steel, and some others that I can't think of.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    The idea of Light-type always inflames my inner "but we're Westerners!" -organ, 'cause for what I understand, the Japanese are not so focused on pitting things against each other, as in Light vs. Dark or Good vs. Evil. So Gamefreak has rather built this "Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark -> Psychic" -triangle, because Mind and Wisdom rule over Body and Honor, who rule over Wickedness and Sneakiness, that can in turn corrupt a Great Mind of Wisdom etc etc. So it's a cycle.
    I don't see it going that way even if they do introduce a Light type honestly. Someone once had the bright idea (pun intended) to have it represent something like Buddhism enlightenment. I think it would be far more of a concept rather than something to oppose the Dark type. (which itself isn't evil)
    But Dark type is called Evil in Japanese, so how not-evil can it get?

Also, I can't see them going for Buddhist enlightenment any less than I can see them going for, say, Christian salvation.
    SO Light would be the 'Good' Type then? yeah sounds totally stupid... Fighting is the antithesis of Dark... Dark types uses underhanded dick moves while Fighting types fight honerbly... Light type is just pointless beyond words... if they wanted a Light type we would've gotten it in Gen II
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

I don't think a Light type is stupid. It can work and actually makes sense IMO. Fighting type isn't the perfect counter to Dark type. It's a better counter to Psychic type because Fighting uses hands, legs, head to physically attack while Psychic uses mind power and non-physical attacks.

Light type can include "holy" and mostly healing or assisting moves. Your arugement that a Light type or new type should not exist because it would have been introduced in Gen 2 is invalid.

Tangela could have gotten a evolution in Gen 2 as well but it didn't get one until 3 generations later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I don't think a Light type is stupid. It can work and actually makes sense IMO. Fighting type isn't the perfect counter to Dark type. It's a better counter to Psychic type because Fighting uses hands, legs, head to physically attack while Psychic uses mind power and non-physical attacks.

Light type can include "holy" and mostly healing or assisting moves. Your arugement that a Light type or new type should not exist because it would have been introduced in Gen 2 is invalid.

Tangela could have gotten a evolution in Gen 2 as well but it didn't get one until 3 generations later.
    We are not going to get a Light Type any argument you come up with is invalid... it's been 12 years since a new type was introduced and we still have none... we don't need Light type because it has no point... Fighting counters dark... Dark's fight via underhanded means which is why FIghting which fight using the Martial Arts is Super-effective against them... so yeah Fighting fills Lights role WE DO NOT NEED A LIGHT TYPE! THINK OF ANOTHER GOD-DAMN TYPE!

Blog Entries

I didn't say we will be getting a Light type. What I was trying to say is that a Light type or another new type for that matter isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

If I recall correctly, the Japanese term for this type is literally "Evil". But hey, you're welcome to your own opinion; however, there is a way to disagree with someone with out making a complete ass of yourself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I didn't say we will be getting a Light type. What I was trying to say is that a Light type or another new type for that matter isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

If I recall correctly, the Japanese term for this type is literally "Evil". But hey, you're welcome to your own opinion; however, there is a way to disagree with someone with out making a complete ass of yourself.
    They are 'Evil' because they fight dirty that's obvious look at Dark Moves Bite, Beat Up, ect... most of them are playing unfair that's why Fighting counters it... Dark's fight unfair and thus 'evil' while Fighting fights honorably and thus is 'good' simple and obvious so nope Light just lost

Nyx

To everyone who says that most fanmade types are covered by already existing types, well, following that logic then Ground and Rock (and maybe Steel) shouldn't be separate types, same goes for Water and Ice.

Having said that, no more types should be introduced at this point imo. A revised type chart wouldn't be bad though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    To everyone who says that most fanmade types are covered by already existing types, well, following that logic then Ground and Rock (and maybe Steel) shouldn't be separate types, same goes for Water and Ice.

Having said that, no more types should be introduced at this point imo. A revised type chart wouldn't be bad though.
    I never did get why Rock and Ground were seperate... but hey Gen I -shrug- but the only reason Steel and Dark got introduced is to nerf Psychic

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I never did get why Rock and Ground were seperate... but hey Gen I -shrug- but the only reason Steel and Dark got introduced is to nerf Psychic
    Agreed. When Steel and Dark was introduced, it was because there are a niche that needed to be filled. There is no longer such an empty niche.

By introducing a new type at this point, it'd disrupt the current balance and more types would need to be added to counter it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Agreed. When Steel and Dark was introduced, it was because there are a niche that needed to be filled. There is no longer such an empty niche.

By introducing a new type at this point, it'd disrupt the current balance and more types would need to be added to counter it.
    Yeah it;s been 12 or so years since Gen II introduced Dark and Steel... we don't need a new type... the only reason Dark and Steel were introduced was to nerf Psychic no type is nowhere close to how broken Psychic was in Gen I... thus we need no types... as for Ice and Water... it's common for them to be seperate really...

Unless..... They were to introduce a Completely Neutral Type that would have no Strengths or weaknesses and would be solely Lore-based......

Fun Idea but would have no real effect on Gameplay.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast