Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon - Page 20

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

I would appreciate some more Pokémon based on Japanese things... Like maybe a Kabuki Pokémon? A Pokémon based on Inugami would be certainly cool and what about a new crow family based on Yatagarasu? We have Mawile who is based on Futakuchi-Onna, we should get a new one based on Rokurokubi! I think a Pokémon based on Gyuuki/Ushi-oni could be great as well. :)

Quote Originally Posted by IS1296 View Post
    I would like to see a Wooly Rhinoceros, possibly Ice/Dark, or Ice/Ground to complement Mamoswine. Or maybe even Rock/Ice if it comes from a fossil (I would really like to see this). The fossil could be called the Horn Fossil or the Keras Fossil (keras being Greek* for horn).

*thanks Nyx for noting the mistake
    Woolly Rhino, that's actually a pretty cool idea, I'd say Ice/ Ground with good physical attack and bulk. woolly_rhino.jpg

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post
    I would like to see a Wooly Rhinoceros, possibly Ice/Dark, or Ice/Ground to complement Mamoswine. Or maybe even Rock/Ice if it comes from a fossil (I would really like to see this). The fossil could be called the Horn Fossil or the Keras Fossil (keras being Greek* for horn).

Woolly Rhino, that's actually a pretty cool idea, I'd say Ice/ Ground with good physical attack and bulk. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woolly_rhino.jpg 
Views:	7011 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	86577
    i wouldn't want it to be a clone of mammoswine. i'd prefer id they took it in another direction. hippowdon and krokodile - water animals who swim through the ground, that's fun because of the contrast. perhaps a flying wolly rhino or one that is electric or water... that's what makes pokemon interesting - when theyre unpredictable.
    SimH5 likes this.

Dex

Quote Originally Posted by TheBugChampion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post

Woolly Rhino, that's actually a pretty cool idea, I'd say Ice/ Ground with good physical attack and bulk. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woolly_rhino.jpg 
Views:	7011 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	86577
    i wouldn't want it to be a clone of mammoswine. i'd prefer id they took it in another direction. hippowdon and krokodile - water animals who swim through the ground, that's fun because of the contrast. perhaps a flying wolly rhino or one that is electric or water... that's what makes pokemon interesting - when theyre unpredictable.
    Ice/Electric could be cool, but I feel like it would just be the same concept of static electricity in the wool as mareep. Or I guess it could generate its own electricity.

Rock/Ice could also be very cool, if it were one of the "regional fossils".
    SimH5 likes this.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Rock/Ghost
    Steel/Ghost
    Psychic/Poison
    Ice/Poison

XDD

Blog Entries

Psychic type wizard eevee xpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Espeon, Psychic type Eeveelution, says hi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    I said Eevee EXPY not Eeveelution I mean I want a wizard pokemon with a large amount of evolved forms
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

I'd like to see something from African folklore, we haven't gotten too many pokemon from mythology in that part of the world, it would be nice to have that get some representation.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I said Eevee EXPY not Eeveelution I mean I want a wizard pokemon with a large amount of evolved forms
    Like this:

SHABADOOBIE TOUCH TO EVOLVE

With a Fire, Water, Ground, Flying, and then Fire/Dragon, Water/Dragon, Ground/Dragon, Flying/Dragon Evolutions.

Blog Entries

Oh. I had no idea what "xpie" meant until you said you meant to say "expy".
    Wait.
    Y-You're a troper?

Blog Entries

I hope they'll make a dolphin Pokemon and a flamingo or stork Pokemon. (Flamingo could be Water/Flying. Seriously, why aren't there more water birds?)

I'd also appreciate a Grass/Ghost and an Electric/Psychic. We need more dual-type Electric Pokemon. Thank God Black and White gave us Galvantula, Stunfisk, Thundurus, and Zekrom.

But what would be really cool is if they made a Pokemon based on a terror bird. It could be a Dark-type. And what would be really awesome if it knew Mega Kick. Just don't make it able to learn Fly. We don't need another case like Doduo and Dodrio.

For more on terror birds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae
    Last edited by Toutebelle; 24th April 2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Zweilous likes this.

I hope to see pokemon based off of the avian order Apodiformes. More specifically, I would like to see hummingbird- and swift-inspired 'mons. I feel like swifts in particular have the potential to be pure flying, rather than the dime-a-dozen normal/flying combo that most bird pokemon have. A hummingbird-based pokemon could easily be grass/flying, but I could see something like electric/flying working as well~

And what about pokemon that mimic other pokemon? A wolf in sheep's clothing.. or even a sheep in wolf's clothing, haha. This idea could be also expanded to include real-world mimics such as flower flies, hawk moths, robber flies (Laphria thoracica are bumblebee mimics), stick insects, moths that mimic wasps, caterpillars that mimic snakes, and so on.

-

Now a bunch of other things that would be nice to see: aphid lions (lacewing or ladybird beetle larvae), waterbears, Belgica antarctica (the only true insect of Antartica), carnivorous caterpillars, dance flies, proturans, reduviids (like the wheel bug), cuckoos and other brood parasites, secretarybirds, klipspringers, parasitoid wasps, cranes, storks, birds of paradise, peacocks, african weaver birds, fossa, lemurs, jaguarundi, woodpeckers, belugas, narwhals, quolls, thylacines, oriental dragons, lindworms, ichthyosaurs, dakosaurs, ... ∞

Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    I'd like to see something from African folklore, we haven't gotten too many pokemon from mythology in that part of the world, it would be nice to have that get some representation.
    The only bit from African folklore that i know of are those fertility idol things, and i know they sure as hell ain't gonna do something like that. But then again, they did put that suspicious tuft of fur between Reshiram's legs...

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The games seem to be based on Europe, so maybe a Sherlock Holmes theme'd pokemon and an Arsene Lupin theme'd pokemon would be nice, too.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast