Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon - Page 19

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

The Benevolent Cynic Daemon Aki's Avatar

Default Re: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

I thought that Bloody-Tooth Fungus was a food at first...maybe I'm turning Bug type...

Anyway, I was thinking: what about a basilisk-style Pokemon? It could be a Grass/Poison or pure Poison and utilise some Water-typed moves (since they run across water and swim) as well as Glare (for the legendary staring abilities), Iron Tail, U-Turn and the Fangs. Could evolve into the biped basiliscus series of basilisk (sorta like Quilava to Typhlosion) and gain Earthquake, Crunch and the like. And for a branched evo...maybe something like a Dimetrodon?

Ability-wise: Intimidate and Swift Swim with Overcoat for DW/whatever.

Stats: Low HP (50), High Atk (110), Mid Def (70), Low Sp. Atk (45), Mid-high Sp. Def (85), Great Spd (115). For evolved form of course.

As for names...maybe Basilene/Chriskos -> Corylusk/Regul? Okay those names suck, but I'm not good at that.

Soo...sorta like Ninjask if he were an attacker I guess? Probably not balanced either but oh well. I just like the concept.

Such a photogenic face...

Remember the Mantyke -> Mantine evolutionary method?

For a long time I've had an idea in my head about a Pokemon family whose overall theme is solitary vs. gregarious.

The unevolved form has a choice of two final evolutions. It evolves starting at a certain level BUT which form it gets depends on whether your active party already contains one of its final evolutions.

For brevity, call the unevolved form A and the evolutions B and C. If you have either B or C in your current party when A evolves, it becomes C. Otherwise, it becomes B.

The first thing to note is that the first A you catch can only ever evolve into B because you don't have any of its final evolutions yet (required to get form C). Similarly, if you have two A and they level-up/evolve at the same time, the first evolves into B and the second into C.

The regional Pokedex could (naturally) list them in ABC order, or alternatively, list them in ACB order so that when the first A evolves into a B, the player can immediately deduce (from the missing entry between A and B) that it has another evolution in the family. B's Pokedex entry would also hint that it acquired this form as the result of being kept relatively isolated from others of its kind.

Or going along the solitary/gregarious theme ... a Pokemon that evolves depending on the number of active Pokémon in the current party (e.g. more or less than a certain number, like 3).

I've also had a rough idea for a tiger-themed Pokemon family. Not much in the way of details to give it form, but the unevolved form (a tigerlike kitten/cub) would absolutely have to be called a Toyger.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I would love it if we got an antelope type pokemon that evolved into a whale. Why not keep the horns on there just for funsies. Most evolutions are just pokemon becoming bigger versions of things that don't look terribly different. Only one that sticks out as anything different is Remoriad into Octillery, which is just a weird one. I'd love to see a handful of evolutionary families sprinkled in that actually refer back to phylogenetics.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

I would like to see a more cohesive theme in a few of the new 'Mons we get. For example: a Roman/Greek mythology theme: Zeus, having been portrayed as many different animals but his most defining being an Ox, or Hera, whose most typical animal portrayal is the peacock. (It's been mentioned before in previous threads, although I can't remember which ones.)
    The Litwick line is a good example...it goes from a tiny candle to being a beautiful chandelier, whereas I think the Escavalier evolution tier was a bit, er, strange.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Karrablast-Shelmet line rocks, though. They're based off a beetle which breaks into the shell of a snail and eats it...and in this case, it kicks the old one out and inhabits the shell, while the other becomes a roaming, Ninja.

My ideas for the final evos of the new fossil pokemon

Name: Stegaron (I suck with names)
    Typing: Rock/Ground
    Design: Based of a Stegosaurus
    Stats: Good attack, defense and hp, poor at everything else

Name: Veloslade
    Typing: Rock/ Grass
    Design: Based off a Velociraptor
    Stats: Great attack and speed

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post
    My ideas for the final evos of the new fossil pokemon

Name: Stegaron (I suck with names)
    Typing: Rock/Ground
    Design: Based of a Stegosaurus
    Stats: Good attack, defense and hp, poor at everything else

Name: Veloslade
    Typing: Rock/ Grass
    Design: Based off a Velociraptor
    Stats: Great attack and speed
    cool ideas :)

i lOOOOVE fossil pokes. i think we need an actual plant fossil, something based on ferns or gingko bilobas to be plant/rock [i know we have craydilly but that is technically based off an animal xD]. i'm hoping for one animal that evolves, one plant that evolves, and a third animal fossil, mirroring aerodactyl that doesnt evolve but is awesome. i dont care too much what the animals are based off of, but i'd like it if they are based off of groups of animals we dont have any poke related to.

we have raptors in two other pokemon grovoyle and archeops, two sauropods in tropius and meganium, several giant theropod like pokemon, a ceratopsian, a pachycephalosaur, and torterra is sooort of a turtle and ankylosaur, a mammoth [ish] in mammoswine [though one proper prehistoric pachyderm might be nice eventually, not all were fuzzy. think: platybelodon]. i'd really like a plesiosaur or mosasaur. :D
    SimH5 likes this.

Blog Entries

I would like to see a Wooly Rhinoceros, possibly Ice/Dark, or Ice/Ground to complement Mamoswine. Or maybe even Rock/Ice if it comes from a fossil (I would really like to see this). The fossil could be called the Horn Fossil or the Keras Fossil (keras being Greek* for horn).

*thanks Nyx for noting the mistake
    Last edited by IS1296; 15th April 2013 at 07:04 AM.
    SimH5 likes this.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by IS1296 View Post
    (keras being Latin for horn).
    Keras is Greek. Cornu is Latin.

Hey guys,

The dream is a Rock/Grass type Stegosaurus Fossil pkmn

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but so far we have a new Eeveelution and a new Mewtwo type pokemon. We seem to be revisiting Gen 1. How about, as Porygon Z was a corrupted unfinished upgrade, we get Porygon X in X version and Porygon Y in Y version to make up the X, Y, Z? As Z is high Sp. Att you could have X as a bulky defense type and Y as a physical attacker!

Also, I've never found an Ice type to fall in love with! Love the wooly rhino fossil idea!
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 16th April 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

A new forme of Kyurem.Like a Fire Forme,only the icicles would be fire things or something.

I HATE MYSELF!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't be surprised if this was thought of already, but I like the idea of a Weeping Willow pokemon. It's looks heavy, sort of dragging its weight because of some sorrow or depression. I think this would make a good Grass/Ghost pokemon. It would probably have slow speed because of its sadness/lethargy.
    Reila, Jenneta, Berrenta and 1 others like this.

An Electric-type big cat Pokemon would be great, especially if it evolves into a bipedal Electric-Fighting big cat Pokemon. Just to use a Thundercats reference. A very specific one, at that.

Electric+Fighting might be ... interesting. Replaces the weakness to Flying with a weakness to Ground.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    An Electric-type big cat Pokemon would be great, especially if it evolves into a bipedal Electric-Fighting big cat Pokemon. Just to use a Thundercats reference. A very specific one, at that.
    Raikou evolved into Tygra.

Wow.
    Zweilous likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast