Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon - Page 15

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

I would love to see some good looking Dragon Pokemon this generation. Personally, I think it would be kinda cool if Gamefreak created three 'elemental' Dragon Pokemon. A Fire/Dragon type, a Water/Dragon type and Grass/Dragon type, and make them all similar in appearance. What I'm pretty much talking about are Dragon versions of Pansear, Panpour, and Pansage. I think that would be a cool idea, and I love a good dragon Pokemon.

I also hope if they have this idea, or any Dragon Pokemon they do have, looks both good and powerful at the same time, like Dragonite.

Also, I'd love to have a non legendary Phoenix Pokemon. We have Ho-Oh and Moltres, but we don't have any non legendary phoenix like Pokemon. A Fire/Flying Bird Pokemon would be great.
    kingdragon33 likes this.

Blog Entries

Ghost rock would have to be a gargoyle. Others I can't think of
    LadySasaki likes this.

I agree with the Gargoyle thing, even thought Gliscor and Druddigon resemble Gargoyle's I want a proper Gargoyle Pokémon.
    Can't think of any idea's right now though...

Follow Mordicuno on Tumblr

Everyone's been wanting a Gargoyle-like Pokémon. So far, the most popular type suggestion I've seen here is Dragon/Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddigans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Formes would be better for a gargoyle Pokemon because I don't want just one or the other, I want to interchange them. I don't want to waste a PC box on a Pokemon I already have but slightly different.
    An ostrich would actually be pretty good, but I think Doduo and Dotrio are the closest to an ostrich as we'll ever get.
    What are Doduo and Dotrio based on again? I forgot.
    Doduo and Dodrio are based on the extinct dodo.
    Doduo/Dodrio are "flightless" birds and dodo makes up part of their names, but that's about all they share with the dodo bird. They have much more in common with ostriches and moas.
    I'd actually like to have a proper dodo pokemon this generation; it should be capable of learning some flying-type moves, but not be flying-type itself. It could also evolve into something akin to a terror bird.

You do realize that the reason dodo birds became extinct is because they have no way AT ALL to defend themselves, right?

Although, it would make for an amusing fossil pokemon quest. Revive this useless thing from a fossil - but make there be some huge reward for doing so.
    Yes. The ancestral bird evolved on an isolated island habitat & became accustomed to the lack of natural predators. The population became ground-nesters & lost the ability to fly because why expend all the energy needed to just get off the ground if you can just direct it elsewhere? Combine that with overhunting, overharvesting of eggs, the intrduction of non-native animals, new diseases, etc etc for one dead bird.
    That's no reason, however, why there couldn't be a dodo pokemon. It could start off relatively weak and useless, similar to magikarp, & then evolve into something rather strong ala gyarados. That's my ideal situation, though. I'd rather have new pokemon that serve a purpose other than just taking up space in the pokedex.

In addition to dragon-typed gargoyle pokemon, I'd love to one day see a poison/dragon komodo dragon pokemon. A giant lizard with the word "dragon" as part of it's common name, a venomous bite, and a mouth chock full of virulent bacteria.. to me it feels like it's begging to be a pokemon of it's own~
    Last edited by Reddigans; 21st March 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

A Ghost/Flying raven would be pretty cool.
    SimH5 likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

a dodo could evolve into a PHORUSRHACIDAE. [terror bird. look it up.] [also, this was said before lol]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Formes would be better for a gargoyle Pokemon because I don't want just one or the other, I want to interchange them. I don't want to waste a PC box on a Pokemon I already have but slightly different.
    An ostrich would actually be pretty good, but I think Doduo and Dotrio are the closest to an ostrich as we'll ever get.
    What are Doduo and Dotrio based on again? I forgot.
    Doduo and Dodrio are based on the extinct dodo.
    Oh. I feel pretty stupid right now.

Maybe another side evolution for Yamask but based on a mummy rather than the sarcophagus? It could be Ghost/Ground or just plain Ghost.
    There needs to be a Jack-o-lantern Pokemon too It could be ghost/fire or preferably Grass/fire, maybe even a side evolution for cacnea.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    There needs to be a Jack-o-lantern Pokemon too It could be ghost/fire
    That's Chandelure already...

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

A Jack-o-Lanturn might be better as a Grass/Ghost type in my opinion.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    A Jack-o-Lanturn might be better as a Grass/Ghost type in my opinion.
    heck, it could even be grass/fire. jack-o-lanterns seem to possess qualities of all three of those types :P

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

The three 'elemental' Dragon type Pokemon I mentioned earlier that I would have liked to see, I have added a few details as to what I'd to see them have. I'd love for them to be around the size of Charmander, and be Bipedal Dragon Pokemon with a similar body shape to Charmander or Dragonite. The fire Dragon would be red, with the underside of its wings being a lighter red. The Water Dragon would be blue with a lighter shade of Blue on the underside of its wings. The Grass Dragon would, of course, be green with its underwings being a lighter green. Their stomachs would also be the same shade as their underwings. I'd also like for them to have a flame, a water droplet and a leaf design attached to their foreheads. Each dragon could also perhaps have black markings that are all attached, going down along both sides of their faces, going down their body and covering their arms, backs, legs and the outer part of their wings. The markings won't be on their stomaches or underwings, and each of the markings would look a little different on each Dragon. The Black markings may be a little too much, but I like the idea of it.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ever since Gen V brought us new Link Evolutions in Roggenrola and Timburr, I've longed to see them introduce a new Ghost and Psychic Link Evolution Family to serve as re-imaginings of Abra and Gastly.

For Psychic, I thought of a line based off "tuning forks" and "dowsing rods", a cute counterpart to the "spoon" theme that the Abra line ends up with. You know, little creatures with forked-horns that are able to sense vibrations, and the final form would be able to vibrate its body so fast it would be able to phase through walls and such.

For Ghost, it's kind of a Japanese idea, so perhaps it might not fit in the French Region (but hey, we had a French Penguin in Hokkaido and a Daruma Orangutan in New York), but an idea based off that Yokai that resembles a baby/old man? I was thinking it'd be a weird, ghostly humanoid-newt creature, with each form being a doppleganger of a different stage in human life...a baby, a salary-man, and an old man...that would basically appear to people as a normal human, before suddenly attacking them. Kind of an expansion on the idea of Gengar being a "shadow", these are basically faux-humans.

Anyway, speaking of which, as a little thought experiment I'm currently developing a "Wishlist PokeDex" containing a variety of ideas I'd like to see, and to flex my creative muscles. Look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    Ghost rock would have to be a gargoyle. Others I can't think of
    That'd be sweet. Ghost/rock type ahoy! Or maybe dark/rock, if it's an evil gargoyle-resembling thing rather than an actual haunted gargoyle.

Has there been a ghost/rock type yet?

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast