Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon - Page 14

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Default Re: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Ice/Fire needs to exist this time. Water/Fire too. Maybe Grass/Fire as well?

I was thinking about Ice/Steel, but the poor thing would have a whopping double weakness to both Fire and Fighting :|

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=LadySasaki;4660439]
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I meant that Ice coexisting with Fire is much less credible than everything we have seen so far. The pokemon made up to now had at least a hint of logic behind their appearances. (No offense)
    Less credible than a rock/ground type learning Surf? C'mon, any pokefan oughtta know by now that GF love breaking the established rules of their universe. This is not a game run on logic by any means. Just look at the octopus which evolved from a fish.

I'd like a fire/ice type. If they make it a legendary it could have its very own signature move - freezer burn x3
    There already is a move like that, White Kyurem has it -.-'

As for more nonsense, I'd still say no. We already seen many things like Pikachu beating Marowak with thundershock and do people like the anime? No they don't.
    There are some cool things like Rhydon being able to swim easily, but they need to be explained coherently, instead of shoving ignorance into the customers faces. That's all my 5 cents.

[QUOTE=Infinity Edge;4660904]
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I meant that Ice coexisting with Fire is much less credible than everything we have seen so far. The pokemon made up to now had at least a hint of logic behind their appearances. (No offense)
    Less credible than a rock/ground type learning Surf? C'mon, any pokefan oughtta know by now that GF love breaking the established rules of their universe. This is not a game run on logic by any means. Just look at the octopus which evolved from a fish.

I'd like a fire/ice type. If they make it a legendary it could have its very own signature move - freezer burn x3
    There already is a move like that, White Kyurem has it -.-'
    Oh, does it? o.O *facepalm* Sorry about that! I've no interest in the more recent mascot legendaries so never really paid much attention to their abilities or moveset, lol. But if it already exists as a legendary's move, then there's a chance something similar could be offered to a regular pokemon.

As for more nonsense, I'd still say no. We already seen many things like Pikachu beating Marowak with thundershock and do people like the anime? No they don't.
    I'll certainly agree with you that the anime plays even more fast and loose with the laws of logic than the games, but to say that no-one likes the anime is a pretty misguided observation.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Ice/Fire needs to exist this time. Water/Fire too. Maybe Grass/Fire as well?

I was thinking about Ice/Steel, but the poor thing would have a whopping double weakness to both Fire and Fighting :|
    i'm all for the combo if it's completely new or if only one, maaybe two poke-fams already have the type combo. and there are plenty pokes with double double-weaknesses. what's a few more? :)

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll certainly agree with you that the anime plays even more fast and loose with the laws of logic than the games, but to say that no-one likes the anime is a pretty misguided observation.
    The thing about this is thought that Marowak being affected by Thundershock is just disobeying the laws set forth by the games, not the actual laws of logic. It really bugs me how people don't realize that the type advantage/disadvantage system is not actually based on real-world logic and instead is meant to achieve somewhat of a balance...a powerful lightning bolt in real life would completely destroy a Marowak too, if such a thing existed.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see a weaker pokemon with thrill for knowledge, that would learn new moves on every level, or on every second level up to some point. It would be the most knowledgable pokemon. While it wouldn't have a very strong physique, it would be able to form combos with the techniques that it learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post

Yes, and so do I, but I meant that people don't like the taboo's being inexcusably broken in the anime. That's only a part of the anime so they can still like the other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    The thing about this is thought that Marowak being affected by Thundershock is just disobeying the laws set forth by the games, not the actual laws of logic. It really bugs me how people don't realize that the type advantage/disadvantage system is not actually based on real-world logic and instead is meant to achieve somewhat of a balance...a powerful lightning bolt in real life would completely destroy a Marowak too, if such a thing existed.
    Sure, but there is a difference between Thundershock and Thunder. Thundershock is the weakest electric attack.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 17th March 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    The universe of the game (or anime, depending on how the writers feel that day)'s laws of logic state that a ground type is not affected at all by an electric type move. Clearly I'm only talking about game laws here, not real world laws...have you seriously met people who think the game's system would somehow work in real life? Because wow. That's some major Brooke-Shields-in-that-episode-of-Friends-where-she-thinks-Joey-is-actually-the-tv-character-he-plays levels of craziness.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Follow Mordicuno on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Astra Caeli View Post
    I've brought this up on a couple of other forums, but no one has replied to it yet.

Anyway, what things do you want to see for potential future fossil Pokémon? I personally would like to see things from the Pleistocene era. The only thing that currently fits in that time is Mamoswine... but there are MANY unique things that haven't been done yet. Like "terror birds", predecessors to horses, glyptodonts (think giant turtle + armadillo), etc. Depending on what would be used, this could lead to some new combinations with Rock-type (assuming they keep that trend for fossils).
    I've always thought of a fossil Pokémon based on a saber-toothed tiger. I just need that in my life pl0x.
    SimH5 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    3. This is PokeFrance. A gargoyle Pokemon would be too awesome to pass up. Why not a Dragon-Type Pokemon that can transform into a statue that's Dragon/Rock type? It could be called Archigargo* or Gouille** or Grotefright***. The statue form could be called Statue Forme, Stone Forme, or Solide Forme. The way to transform could be an item called the Nightifier or Carver's Light****.

*Architecture+Gargoyle
    **Gargouille. For more info, check Gargoyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ***Grotesque+Fright
    **** Carving stone, special light-creating object like flashlight.
    YES! It would be awesome to have a Rock/Dragon pokemon with "gargoyle form" and "battle form". Especially if it had a move to switch forms at will and the gargoyle form had pretty good defenses.
    This is an awesome idea but I have to say NO to formes. I HATE formes. They're just a lame excuse to give some sort of "evolution" to Pokémon who can't evolve. Just let the Pokémon be a normal Pokémon and that's it. I do like the idea of the gargoyle, a lot, and the fact that it would be Rock/Dragon would make it even more amazing, but I just have to say to no to formes. Sorry.

I was thinking about an ostrich Pokémon. They are flightless birds, so it wouldn't be a Flying type. They are known for their powerful kicks, so why not make it a Fighting type?
    Formes would be better for a gargoyle Pokemon because I don't want just one or the other, I want to interchange them. I don't want to waste a PC box on a Pokemon I already have but slightly different.
    An ostrich would actually be pretty good, but I think Doduo and Dotrio are the closest to an ostrich as we'll ever get.
    What are Doduo and Dotrio based on again? I forgot.

Formes would be better for a gargoyle Pokemon because I don't want just one or the other, I want to interchange them. I don't want to waste a PC box on a Pokemon I already have but slightly different.
    An ostrich would actually be pretty good, but I think Doduo and Dotrio are the closest to an ostrich as we'll ever get.
    Doduo and Dodrio are based on the extinct dodo.

Doduo/Dodrio are "flightless" birds and dodo makes up part of their names, but that's about all they share with the dodo bird. They have much more in common with ostriches and moas.
    I'd actually like to have a proper dodo pokemon this generation; it should be capable of learning some flying-type moves, but not be flying-type itself. It could also evolve into something akin to a terror bird.

Blog Entries

How About This, Flying Pigs!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My ideas for Fossil Pokemon were a play on the idea of a Wolf and Dolphin Pokemon.

Rock/Electric Pokemon based off the Ichthyosaurus, an aquatic reptilian creature that is somewhat similar to modern dolphins and whales, but the Pokemon version would play up this similarity. I liked how we got "fish" Pokemon in Gen V that weren't Water, so this Pokemon follows suit, although it learns many Water-type attacks like Aqua Jet and Dive. Ichthyosauruses were said to have special eyes that allowed them to see in dark depths of the ocean, so this Pokemon would have eyes that light up like a submarine, which is why it'd be Electric. The evolution would also have addition "headlights" on the sides of its body that also resemble scuba tanks. The Fossil would be the Lens Fossil.

Rock/Dark Pokemon based off the Cynodont, early mammalian creatures that were sort of a mix between a dog and a reptile. The Pokemon would of course play up the dog motif, with the second form resembling a bipedal wolf dinosaur creature. It'd learn "dog" moves like Howl, Odor Sleuth, Snarl, and Bite, and would be known for its strong nose and powerful jaws. The Fossil would be the Jaw Fossil.

Registered User TheSplashingMagikarp's Avatar

I think they should make a trio that consists of the types fire/water water/grass and fire/grass then depending on what starter you chose you could get that Pokemon eg: if you chose fire you would get the grass/water if you chose grass you would get the fire/water etc.

yeah but they did make leavanny which is 4X weak to flying AND fire so thats not a bad idea at all
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 19th March 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reddigans View Post
    Doduo/Dodrio are "flightless" birds and dodo makes up part of their names, but that's about all they share with the dodo bird. They have much more in common with ostriches and moas.
    I'd actually like to have a proper dodo pokemon this generation; it should be capable of learning some flying-type moves, but not be flying-type itself. It could also evolve into something akin to a terror bird.

You do realize that the reason dodo birds became extinct is because they have no way AT ALL to defend themselves, right?

Although, it would make for an amusing fossil pokemon quest. Revive this useless thing from a fossil - but make there be some huge reward for doing so.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast