Poison/Fire
    Poison/Electric
    Poison/Ice
    Dragon/Dark
    Dragon/Grass
    Dragon/Poison
    Dragon/Rock

just a reminder.
    Grass/Steel is Ferroseed and Ferrothorn. Rock/Fighting is Terrakion. Electric/Fire is Rotom-H. Electric/Grass is Rotom-C. Water/Psychic is Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie. And Dragon/Dark is Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon.

You've also missed loads: Bug/Dark, Bug/Ice, Bug/Dragon, Bug/Normal, Bug/Psychic, Dark/Electric, Dark/Normal, Dark/Psychic, Dragon/Fighting, Dragon/Normal, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Normal, Electric/Rock, Fighting/Ground, Fighting/Ice, Fire/Grass, Fire/Normal, Ghost/Normal, Ghost/Psychic, Ghost/Rock, Ground/Normal, Ice/Normal, Ice/Rock, Ice/Steel, Normal/Poison, Normal/Rock, Normal/Steel.
    You're right, I fixed it now.

However, I think some of those are highly unlikely to be ever made, like Normal/Bug. Most of the Normal type are hard to be imagined paired with another type. Also while I think a Water/Fire pokemon is perfectly possible, an Fire/Ice is not.

Default Re: Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Also while I think a Water/Fire pokemon is perfectly possible, an Fire/Ice is not.
    Why not? Maybe they could make a Pokemon with highly erratic mood swings - as in hot tempered angry (Fire) and then afraid, cold or scared? It could change its color every other turn and its mimic. Or maybe a Pokemon based on a thermometer?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disobedient View Post
    Also while I think a Water/Fire pokemon is perfectly possible, an Fire/Ice is not.
    Why not? Maybe they could make a Pokemon with highly erratic mood swings - as in hot tempered angry (Fire) and then afraid, cold or scared? It could change its color every other turn and its mimic.
    Still, it's not natural at all.
    Or maybe a Pokemon based on a thermometer?
    It would have to be an artificial pokemon like Castform then.

Of course it's not natural. But it's a cool concept. And we've had non-natural concepts in every generation.

Blog Entries

Antlers growing leaves and flowers isn't natural either, yet we got Sawsbuck.

Oh wait, it's fiction. Anything can happen in fiction.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

I meant that Ice coexisting with Fire is much less credible than everything we have seen so far. The pokemon made up to now had at least a hint of logic behind their appearances. (No offense)

destroyer of worlds kingdragon33's Avatar

I meant that Ice coexisting with Fire is much less credible than everything we have seen so far. The pokemon made up to now had at least a hint of logic behind their appearances. (No offense)
    Its perfectly natural for ice to be around fire, think about volcanoes in cold climates; campfires to get away from the cold, ect

However, I think some of those are highly unlikely to be ever made, like Normal/Bug. Most of the Normal type are hard to be imagined paired with another type. Also while I think a Water/Fire pokemon is perfectly possible, an Fire/Ice is not.
    All a Normal dual type are Pokemon with normal bestial bodies but something growing on them that sets them apart. IE - Sawsbuck's plantlers, Bibarel's tail, and Girafarig's extra head. It's not that hard to simply picture Normal duals as a normal with something extra on them in a symbiotic relationship. In real life there's a kind of Scorpion that lives on packrats and cleans them of parasites, for instance. There's your Normal/Bug right there.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Twinrova from Zelda is one example (and there are others) of a being combining ice and fire.

We can also have a Pokemon based on the concept of temperature and just have it dual fire/ice type to represent high and low temperature. We already have Pokemon like Kyurem who can form ice, we have Pokemon that can produce fire. Why is it so hard to have something that can raise and lower the surrounding temperature?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always thought a Pokemon based off the Maxwell Demon would be a cool Ice/Fire Type.

Okay, I'm not an expert at this...but the second law of thermodynamics, which the argument against a Fire/Ice Pokemon sort of relates to, more or less says that when two bodies of temperature co-exist, they will eventually end up the same temperature. The Maxwell Demon is a thought-experiment arguing against this, with the theory being represented by a "demon" who opens the trapdoor of a container divided between two temperatures, with the molecules flying between each yet not at the same time, since in the cold they go slower, and in the heat faster, so the two sides ends up remaining different temperatures violating the law.

Well, the Pokemon wouldn't be that complicated, but make it a "demon", like an ice-looking demon with fire inside, and viola!

Also, in Japan I believe they sometimes create snowman, "yukidaruma", and put lanterns in them like we do with Jack-O-Lanterns, so there's another idea.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disobedient View Post
    Why not? Maybe they could make a Pokemon with highly erratic mood swings - as in hot tempered angry (Fire) and then afraid, cold or scared? It could change its color every other turn and its mimic.

This is Mt. Erebus, it houses one of the largest lava lakes in the world. It's surrounded by Antarctic glaciers.

Like most exotic things, the whole thing of mixing elemental Fire and Ice does tend to get glorified and show up everywhere in fiction... but it has a pretty solid basis in reality (two extreme temperatures coexisting). It is perfectly natural.
    LadySasaki likes this.

[/overexposition]

I've brought this up on a couple of other forums, but no one has replied to it yet.

Anyway, what things do you want to see for potential future fossil Pokémon? I personally would like to see things from the Pleistocene era. The only thing that currently fits in that time is Mamoswine... but there are MANY unique things that haven't been done yet. Like "terror birds", predecessors to horses, glyptodonts (think giant turtle + armadillo), etc. Depending on what would be used, this could lead to some new combinations with Rock-type (assuming they keep that trend for fossils).

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tappy from HarmonKnight seems like he'd make a great Pikachu Clone, I almost kind of hope they more or less "rip it off" and turn it into a Pokemon.

[QUOTE=Infinity Edge;4658079]
    Less credible than a rock/ground type learning Surf? C'mon, any pokefan oughtta know by now that GF love breaking the established rules of their universe. This is not a game run on logic by any means. Just look at the octopus which evolved from a fish.

I'd like a fire/ice type. If they make it a legendary it could have its very own signature move - freezer burn x3

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astra Caeli View Post
    I've brought this up on a couple of other forums, but no one has replied to it yet.

Anyway, what things do you want to see for potential future fossil Pokémon? I personally would like to see things from the Pleistocene era. The only thing that currently fits in that time is Mamoswine... but there are MANY unique things that haven't been done yet. Like "terror birds", predecessors to horses, glyptodonts (think giant turtle + armadillo), etc. Depending on what would be used, this could lead to some new combinations with Rock-type (assuming they keep that trend for fossils).
    i would LOVE more fossil pokemon. an artiodactyl or ungulate could totally be a rock/normal pokemon. i'm hoping for two fossils that evolve, and a third like aerodactyl that is just awesome. i'd like to see an actual PLANT plant fossil pokemon [Pterophyta anyone?] another arthropod would be great too, maybe a bug-stuck-in-amber? dinos and pterosaurs font have to be fossil pokemon though and work as just great ideas for regular pokemon, so i'd also really like some strange type of fossil pokemon, like... a fossil pokemon that is a skeleton, even revived - rock/ghost? or a fossil pokemon that is basic and elemental like the golemn/gigalith lines - something not so animalian.

:)

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast