I never thought I'd see Japanese lessons in an English Pokemon game
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never thought I'd see Japanese lessons in an English Pokemon game

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Default I never thought I'd see Japanese lessons in an English Pokemon game

I randomly looked at a TV in Accumula Town, and the broadcast at the time was showing how to say, "I was thinking the same thing!" in Japanese (spelled out in romanji of course). Has anyone seen any more like this?

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Default Re: I never thought I'd see Japanese lessons in an English Pokemon game

Yeah, there's a few, certainly much more interesting than TV programs in past games.

Wow, i had no idea. That's really very interesting. I'll be looking out for those!
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Now I want to go back to Nuvema Town and have White-kun watch TV all day. D8 That sounds interesting! I wonder if it does more languages...
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

The first two times I watched TV, this happened. The funniest bit was the first time I did it, it started like this:

Asuza: OSSU, MINNA!

I burst out laughing. While it then proceeded to teach me how to say something like, "I'm a fan of your pokémon."

The second time, it had the phrase, "utterly KAWAII," and I'm wondering what sort of weeaboos were doing the translation. XD
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Plasbad for short Minimiscience's Avatar

I've seen two of those broadcasts, both on the TV in Cheren's room. The second time, the host actually named the language as "Japanese," which should be an interesting addition to "Pokémon world in relation to the real world" once the wiki is unlocked.
    I fear naught but save file corruption.

Pearl FC: 0303 6397 4251
    HeartGold FC: 0260 6900 8265
    Black FC: 0819 3491 8420

yeahh, I saw the kawaii one and it bugged the heck out of me.

Platinum: 5243 1442 2443
    HeartGold: 3052 6828 7301
    White: 5371 9687 2785

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well this sound very intresting I will have to see it when I get B/W.

Blog Entries
    Follow Avrig On Twitter
    Follow Avrig on Tumblr Visit Avrig's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I first saw kawaii and other Japanese words in DS's little screen :-D. Now I usually look at TV whenever I see those around, since the programs surely are more interesting than before. I also like the program, where they explain about some 5th generation moves :-).
    I claimed Mamoswine ♥ randomness @ twitterAvrig @ deviantart

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I have to see this for myself....

The "kawaii" thing sounds...just bad...

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

The TV shows in general are really fun. The very first one I saw was actually the one where the host has left the mic open and is chatting away in Japanese for ages before realising. Yeah, I was surprised to see a wall of Japanese text out of nowhere...

And the "kawaii" thing is just part of the host's habit of using occasional Japanese words in their speech. Wince at it all you like, but "kawaii" is a commonly-known Japanese word. Plus, it is supposed to be a language show, which makes it far more excusable than, say, Fantina's random use of French.

I have to say that I am really impressed by the variety of TV shows this time around. In emerald and DPpT they sorta of sucked. I find my self actually going over and looking at the TV's now.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was quite surprised as well, given that it was the first thing to pop up on the very first TV I interacted with xD

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries

Huh. I wonder if they have english lessons in the Japanese games?
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Japanese isn't the only language in the game. There's a building in the big city (gosh I cant remember the name) which people in there speaking a variety of languages.

Platinum: 5243 1442 2443
    HeartGold: 3052 6828 7301
    White: 5371 9687 2785

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast