HP Altering Natures? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Altering Natures?

Blog Entries

Default Re: HP Altering Natures?

They would never be used. No Pokemon needs a HP + or HP - nature. Only Pokemon who could use it is probably Blissey and walls alike, but then they only leave their Defenses lower.

It wouldn't benefit Pokemon, but imo only hurt them in the long run.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

The first time I ever gave a crap about a pokemon's nature was when I was trying to evolve a Feebas for the first time and it turned out the only one I had hated beauty-raising pokeblocks.

And by the way, eventually they're going to revamp the data structures of the games again like in Gen III—probably not with these games, but eventually. There'd be no reason not to do it then, would there?
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Takoto View Post
    It would allow for it if they had the system that they used when you traded between Gold/Silver/Crystal and Red/Blue/Yellow. You can't trade back Pokémon with new natures, or attacks, or whatever, but you can trade them back if all the moves and the nature/ability they had was present in the Generation IV games.

It would work, I think.
    There will have to be a trading method like that between Generation IV and V any way, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by RudolphMilotic View Post
    It would not work because natures are based upon the Personality Value of a Pokémon, meaning that if at least ten new ones are introduced and the way to calculate which one of them a Pokémon receives is the same as RSEFRLGDPtHGSS, some species would change nature when the evolution is triggered in them, as currently happens when evolving a Pal Parked Generation III Pokémon in DPtHGSS with an ability value of 0, which only had a sole programmed ability back then and it changes to the "new" one upon evolution, thus some Pokémon transferred to Black & White would be rendered useless because of the change.

Furthermore, I don't see the need of adding HP-based natures, at least not for this generation.
    Hmm...that actually makes sense. Unless they change the way nature is calculated; but have code in that makes Gen III-IV Pokémon keep their original natures. After all, they had the Special > Sp.Atk/Defence split between Generation I and II.

Blog Entries

Hm. Like the idea, but I don't think that would make much of an impact, because, as one of us already said, some walls might take the HP+ natures, thats all.

The special split was only based on GSC's new base stat values for Sp Att. or Sp Def. depending on the species. The two stats still shared a single IV and a single stat exp value specifically for the purpose of backwards compatibility with Gen 1.

Also, like I stated earlier, the reason we never got HP raising natures is likely because they would make defense and sp def. raising natures useless. An HP raising nature would have the same effect as a nature that raises both defense and sp def.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

Rev
    Blog Entries

Also, aren't the HP stats affected in a slightly different way than the other six stats? For example, if you compare the HP stat with any other stat of the pokemon, the HP will usually be much bigger, even if the other stat has a larger base stat for that pokemon. I always thought that was the reason why there was no HP affecting natures personally.
    White~1248 9177 2603~White
    Platinum~0604 5276 0111~Platinum

~My RNG babies and captures~

That's a good point, forgot about that. HP uses a different stat calculation formula so it's usually higher than the other stats.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

Blog Entries

I always thought it was weird that there weren't HP boosting natures, but I can't honestly say that I'd appreciate them showing up now. Trying to get the right Nature while IV breeding in HG/SS is a pain in the ass as it is, I don't want to have to deal with an additional nine natures getting thrown into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    And by the way, eventually they're going to revamp the data structures of the games again like in Gen III—probably not with these games, but eventually. There'd be no reason not to do it then, would there?
    That all really depends on weather or not Nintendo decides to release a new handheld that isn't compatible with previous ones, like the GameBoy Advance was with all the other GameBoy systems. If they continue to release handhelds with backwards compatibility, then I really see no justifiable reason for a massive data restructure like we saw with GenIII.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    That'd be another change to the battle experience meta-game wise.

Sure, I'll go for it. Let's screw with Smogon a bit more.
    Smogon is going to have cases of Aneurysms sooner or later with the way it changes each gen. Anyway, why not? Like an ability that severely raises your attack, but its description mentions the way you barrage the enemy too heavily, you lose your HP faster then a Camaro.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12