How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    It will print money and sell 3DS' to those who haven't bought them yet. Seriously, I've seen a bunch of people say "I haven't played Pokemon since Gold/Silver, but I'm totally picking these up."
    Phoenixon and Silverwynde like this.

  2. #32
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I disagree, the 3DS has done quite well popularity wise, especially when you compare it to the VITA. I say it will sell just fine.

    The critical score, however, you won't know until we know almost everything about the game. Right now, we know very little about it.
    You can consider almost anything a success if you compare it to the Vita.
    Phoenixon and The Outrage like this.

  3. #33
    Registered User Snivy Whiplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    This is the biggest handheld franchise in history we're talking about. Unless they make something truly execrable they will surely be the bestselling 3DS games of the year. And Nintendo, unlike some companies, will take care with this game and won't phone it in just because they know it will make money either way.

    As far as critical scores go, it will probably get 9s and 10s all around.
    Phoenixon likes this.

  4. #34
    Revert & Reverberate Miar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Planet Miar
    Posts
    1,636
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    I'm sure Nintendo Power would give it 9.0 if they were still around, and Famitsu somewhere in the upper tenth (maybe 36-38/40)

    Nonetheless, this will be the 3DS's newest Killer App.
    Phoenixon likes this.

  5. #35
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    319
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    (Thought I should bump this....)

    From the very first announcement of Pokemon X and Y, I knew it would sell well..... But now I don't think it will just sell well, I think it will SELL LIKE CRAZY.... Not just normal crazy, I mean R/B crazy!

    Okay, I read all posts in this thread, and here are the reasons I think so:

    1. World wide release.
    How is this a reason? It hypes up the game A LOT more. Now, international websites update info on Pokemon X and Y right after it is revealed on CoroCoro (I think it did before too.) I know for sure in previous games, for people like me, it was hard to get excited for a game that would be released MONTHS after its Japanese release in English. And I'm one of the fans that would still keep up with all the new stuff coming out. But there are other kinds of fans that wouldn't really be interested at all, until the English version is released. And NAMES! It's so annoying to not know the name of the Pokemon, and trying to say it in Japanese can sometimes be embarrassing (as I don't know Japanese....)
    And the problem is, for both kinds of fans, because the Japanese version is already out while we wait for the English, we end up learning about pretty much everything in the game. And when it is released in English, it's less exciting than it could be.....
    Now, all fans over the world can rejoice and get "their bodies ready" for X and Y. Hyping it up will tend to increase sales.

    2. On an un-emulated console (so far.)
    From previous generations, people had the ability to just find an emulator and play on it, hence they did not have to buy the game. I think if emulation of these consoles didn't exist, the sales of each game would go up by about 50%. So far, there is no 3DS emulation, and so many are now going to actually buy a 3DS for Pokemon X and Y.
    Not only that, but combined with the above reason, it creates a sense of mystery in the games...
    Think about it, when you get X and Y from where ever in October, you should realize that probably NO ONE else in the whole world has found out every detail in the game... And it's possible that even you could find something hidden in the games....
    Again, this increases interest in the games. People will want to buy them because they know they can't find everything about them even on the internet.

    3. Better promoting of the games.
    Once again, this is related to the first reason. Now that XY will be selling simultaneously world wide, The Pokemon Company International is really hyping them up with all they've got... Facebook, Twitter, their own website, and NOW.... even E3! I don't remember the last time they did that. And they are able to more easily because of the world wide release.
    E3 itself could bring attention to X and Y like never before... the way I see it, it's like this. If you don't go to E3 yourself, you'd probably search on the internet for events are happening. And whether you're looking for X and Y details or not, you would probably find them. I think that alone could bring a new fan to the franchise, or return an older fan to the series.
    Another thing is (as it says in my signature), it seems the Internet World is even more connected with Pokemon now than ever before. I commonly see posts about X and Y in meme websites like 9GAG, and being on the fron page, whoever visits the website is bound to find them.
    It's also really cool how they've been releasing a mini trailer sort of thing for every new Pokemon released. X and Y was announced in January 8. It's been almost 5 months. So far, we already have two "main" trailers, one from the first announcement, and one from May. And, we've had a mini trailer for Sylveon and Mewtwo. AND, Smash has already released (iirc) three mini trailers out of the four newly released Pokemon (they aren't international, but people tend to find out about them anyway), and will likely release another for the last. So, to this date, we've had SEVEN "trailers" released, in only FIVE months.
    This, in my opinion, is the most powerful factor that will cause higher sales for X and Y.

    4. "IT'S 3D!!!!11!!!!!!11!!1!1!!!!! OH-EM-GEE!!!!!" (And possibility of new type.)
    What else can I say?
    Fans like myself have been longing for 3D Pokemon games since the very dawn of time...Okay, not that long, but ever since we knew about Pokemon....
    AND NOW IT'S HERE!!!! This is the greatest graphical change for the main series handhelds. Look at this: Watch 15 Years Of Pokémon Graphics Evolve, Slowly But Surely The transition of graphics between Gen I-V is quite slow compared to V and VI. (Note: the link only shows the battle screen, but I'm including the over world graphics and such.) It looks like there could be at least TWO generations between V and VI just by graphics. I don't know any words to describe how much I love the new graphics. (Okay, I realized people could start bashing me here, saying: "Oh, it sucks compared to other 3DS games like Resident Evil or Kid Icarus etc., but to me, the graphics of a Pokemon game can only be judged by comparing them to the graphics of the previous Pokemon games.)
    I'm pretty sure I read about a lot of people which would buy both games just because they look unbelievably awesome.
    What else? The likely hood of a new type. Sylveon has probably wasted hours of peoples' lives around the world, just trying to guess what type it is. "Is it Flying? Normal? Bug? Poison? Dragon? Ghost? STEEL?" And with that, the new type speculation "What about Light? Sound? Fairy? Cosmic? Astral? Aether? Fae? Magic? CHOCOLATE??!" ....
    And this is not like the stuff that happen in previous gens. This time, it would be foolish to not think there is a possibility of a new type. And of course, this causes more hype, hence more sales.

    And now, we combine the factors above. Were games in previous gens hyped up like this? Were the fans so excited as they have been now?
    I don't think so. Also, to the people thinking the 3DS' popularity will affect sales.... it basically won't. Two of my friends recently bought a 3DS XL mainly for X and Y, and I myself and one of my other friends intend to do the same. X and Y will actually boost up the sales of the 3DS BY A LOT. I couldn't find any sales levels for before January 2013 and after it, but I'm sure the sales increased for the 3DS the day X and Y were announced. Not only that, there are a lot more games coming for the 3DS soon, and they will also give people more of a reason to buy it.
    And so, I believe Pokemon X and Y actually have the ability to out sell even the very first versions. Back in the January discussions before this post, people were not sure how Nintendo would handle everything about X and Y, but now, after all these months, I can see they are doing it very well.


    I hoped all of you enjoyed reading my essay! And I hope you agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  6. #36
    Registered User Zoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Depends on factors really. The 3DS has been fairly unpopular as of late, even with the price drop. I still don't see too many people who own one, and I think the lack of good games are only contributing to that. Lack of handheld owners will only contribute to poorer sales of games that are designed for it.

    However on the bright side, Pokemon is also a very popular and critically-acclaimed franchise, especially the main series of games. It could also just be the very thing needed to get those sales of 3DS's boosted. I'm sure the prospect of another 3D Pokemon game will also interest a lot of people as well.
    What the heck? 3DS is popular as heck, its selling like candies, it has the most diverse and good offer(by good I mean good games) this year, go look at some actual video game sales you will see its doing well.

    ----

    On -Topic: probably going to be as good as the others with the plus of going 3D but i can see reviewers going like "but they have done this a long time ago", migth not sell as much on launch because there arent the same amount of 3DS consoles as DS yet but Pokemon is a console seller so the fans as usual will follow it, unless for some reason GF screws up bad in some part of the game, I dont see it going bad neither in sales or critics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Hasn't the 3DS sold over a 100,000 units or something? Despite it's rough start the 3DS is doing VERY well X and Y are more or less guaranteed to sell at least 15 million+ games and by trailer and Xernaes/Yveltal and the new (vastly improved) graphics I say it will do well also... B/W showed how well they could make a story can't wait to see the improvement

    edit: scratch that.. the 3DS sold about 1.25 million this December about 7.7 Mil total it's apparently starting to OUTSELL the DS seriously the 3DS has been out for... 2 years now? 7.7 mil is damn good and that might just be in the US...
    Yeah, its selling well, people are buying consoles for Fire Emblem, Animal CRossing, the new Luigi, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda last year, iots selling awesome, 3DS had a bad start(I have it since launch) but it was more outside Japan because Japan got a lot of good games we didnt get at the begining or didnt get at all, the library was small, rigth now like I mentioned above, it probably has the best library of 2013.

    reading the topic is seems some people don't have much of a knowledge or pay attention to how the videogame world is rigth now.

  7. #37
    live free, die free Gaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    jolly/gloomy stance
    Posts
    743
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    The 3DS started relatively slow (though still ahead of it's competition, the Vita) but last I read it was picking up well. It will probably reach those high numbers as, surprise, X&Y creep closer and are released. Also Smash Bros will be for the 3DS and Wii U and will likely boost sales a bit as well.

    Needless to say I'm pretty sure X&Y will sell like hot cakes. As per usual for Pokemon main series games.

  8. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    I think X and Y with be the biggest selling pokemon games yet. I think it will scores will be huge across the board because its going to be very fresh when compared to the other pokemon games I believe. And I think the reviewers will reflect that.
    Phoenixon likes this.

  9. #39
    Get Wild Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,240

    Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    Reading this topic...why is the Vita getting hate? Leave Brittney alone ;-;
    Well, it's Pokemon. No duh it's gonna sell well.

    As for the scores...I'm expecting great praise in Japan, but I'm expecting the same typical stuff over here. "Oh, it's a Pokemon game. You know, all it does is add new mons and use the same tired formula". Err...so? I can't express how much it bugs me when reviewers say this. There's no reason to change the formula, that's why they're still using that "same tired formula", because it works. What the hell do they want them to do, make it an FPS?
    Gaga, Dragonfyre and Silverwynde like this.
    avatar signature

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Reading this topic...why is the Vita getting hate? Leave Brittney alone ;-;
    What the hell do they want them to do, make it an FPS?
    if they want a first person pokemon game they can play pokemon snap :P
    But I think it will get some better scores because its going to be full 3d this time, and they might be adding a lot more extra activities for end game so who knows.
    Silverwynde likes this.

  11. #41
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    319
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    I already said what I thought it's sales would be.....but scores.....

    Well, I heard BW got really good ratings, because there were some good changes and additions to the game play, and because of GameFreak's attempt to make it seem like "a completely new, fresh" game by adding the highest amount of Pokemon and making them the only ones available pre-E4. (I didn't like that personally, which is why BW2 was a savior, but that's off-topic.)
    Famitsu gave it 40/40, but I don't even know how those ratings work.

    Anyway, though they probably are not going to add as much Pokemon even in Gen III, I do see them making much changes to the game play. Just adding a new type brings up so many more possibilities.....
    And graphics...... A huge jump, as I already said above..... I think reviewers will acknowledge this, especially if they are familiar with the graphics of the previous gens, and the transition between them...

    (I was planning to write yet another essay for how I'd think they'd score, but I don't even know that much about ratings and such.... So....)

    I think they'll once again get 40/40 from Famitsu, and score as much if not more than Black and White.

    Or so I hope........
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  12. #42
    is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cheaters anywhere
    Posts
    872
    Blog Entries
    18
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    The maximum revamp Game Freak did from BW2 could make the Pokémon XY selling like a hot cake. Another factor is the financial situations.

  13. #43
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    I really wish they didn't get 40s from Famitsu. They won't deserve it. BW didn't, that's for sure. Good games, yeah, but not perfect. More a complaint about how lax Famitsu's been getting in recent years though.

  14. #44
    live free, die free Gaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    jolly/gloomy stance
    Posts
    743
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    BW didn't, that's for sure.
    I respectfully disagree.
    B/W can be considered by some the best games in the franchise. I think they were and I would assume Famistu believes they are. I think the best game in such a franchise deserves a perfect or near score. Anyway, my point is that I don't think Famitsu loses credibility for giving B/W perfect scores. Then again, I've never believed that a perfect score signified a game was actually perfect. No game can be.

    Except Okami.

  15. #45
    Cosmic Sky Demon Dragonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Skies of Kalos
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    126

    Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day
    As for the scores...I'm expecting great praise in Japan, but I'm expecting the same typical stuff over here. "Oh, it's a Pokemon game. You know, all it does is add new mons and use the same tired formula". Err...so? I can't express how much it bugs me when reviewers say this. There's no reason to change the formula, that's why they're still using that "same tired formula", because it works. What the hell do they want them to do, make it an FPS?
    Exactly.

    What some reviewers don't seem to grasp is this: that "same tired formula" is what makes a Pokémon main series game. Mess with that, and you don't have a main series game. You have a spinoff, because that's what those things are for. Changing the formula.

    Really, the main series games should be judged on how well they do the thing they're meant to do--execute the Pokémon Formula--and not things that they weren't.
    Silverwynde and Phoenixon like this.

    [sources: sig gif|avatar]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •