How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    a console is obviuosly struggling if its price gets reduced so quickly after coming out.

The newer games will not outsell the older ones theres no way it will happen, 3ds is an unpoular even if people will buy it just for pokemon the amount of owners will till be alot lower than ds owners it will probably stay like that for a good few years. Also since its a completly new gameplay it could completly flop and not work at all, meaning people will stop buying it.
    It's true, it was doing poorly, but since the proce cut, it has actually sold more than the DS did in the same amount of time (~1.5 years)
    I think about 22.19 million sold worldwide alone with 7.7 Million sold in the US (and 1.25 Million sold last month...) the 3DS had a rough start yes but after the price drop it started selling like crazy... think how many more will be sold before October?
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I agree, I don't know why people are saying the 3DS is struggling. It's one of only two consoles to have more than 10 million sales in under 100 weeks in Japan, and it is the fastest ever console to reach 5 million sales in Japan, seems to be doing alright to me.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Yeah people, you may not know many people with a 3DS, but that doesn't mean it's struggling, the 3DS is very very hot now, and games are being released, even if some people think ít has no good games.

Now, how many more 3DSs are gonna be sold for october's release...?

(Also, I saw a hilarious post on pokémemes, that in itself is a rarity, but it had the presentation of X an Y by Nintendo Direct saying: ''I present to you... The VITA'S coffin'', genius)

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think it will sell but whether it will get a perfect score or not I don't know, we've got unreliable graphics to take into account, the transition from 2D to 3D could flaw it slightly.

Blog Entries

The games will definitely sell. First, it's a pokémon game. These things always sell. Second, its platform, the 3DS, isn't doing bad either, considering that its only competition in the Newer Handheld category is the Vita. The 3DS won't pull down X/Y's success, rather, it'll bump them up. Lastly, it's a 3D Pokémon main series game. People who just want to see and experience a Pokémon main series game in 3D will buy it, even those who don't religiously buy all the games.

As for the quality itself, if it turns out to be subpar (after all, this is a transition, and extensive change is always tricky), that will probably affect the next game more than this one, especially considering that the release is simultaneous worldwide. People won't get feedback before they buy it (because no one's played it yet), but they still will. If it's bad, then it's the connector/sequel that will have sales difficulties.

As for the score, it depends really. On one hand, since this is a fresh start on a new console, there are also fresh opportunities. On the other, as previously stated, the transition isn't going to be easy, especially when you're trying to please a fanbase with such varying opinions.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I’ll preface this by saying this is a pretty long post with a bunch of numbers. A lot of it is copy-pasted from a previous post I made in the 3DS topic around X&Y’s announcement. The end of the post has some new (non-updated) information related to pre-orders numbers for other games that I believe will push 3DS sales prior to X&Y’s release.

Here are the most current sales figures I could find for the 3DS against the sales figures for the DS at the time of DP’s North American launch (I chose these games over BW because DP were the first mainline Pokemon games for that handheld; Gen V came ridiculously late in the DS’s lifespan and would have been an unfair comparison).

Nintendo 3DS as of September 30, 2012 (the most recent reporting period to date):

• Japanese Sales Figures: 7.94 million
    • North American Sales Figures: 7.38 million
    • Global Sales Figures (including other territories): 22.19 million

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1209.pdf:

VGChartz has more updated sales figures; however I can’t confirm their accuracy. Nintendo’s Q3 earnings report is due out at the end of January so I’ll update this post when I can pull up those numbers (which are obviously very important since they’ll likely include robust holiday sales figures for the 3DS hardware).

VGChartz Sales Figures (Platform Totals - VGChartz):

• Japanese Sales Figures: 10.10 million
    • North American Sales Figures: 8.58 million
    • Global Sales Figures (including other territories): 27.74 million (an increase of 690,000 units sold since I last pulled up these numbers 11 days ago)

Nintendo DS as of March 31, 2007 (the last financial reporting period prior to DP’s North American launch):

• Japanese Sales Figures: 16.02 million
    • North American Sales Figures: 11.74 million
    • Global Sales Figures (including other territories): 40.29 million

We have 260 days until October 6 (the first Sunday of October; I’m assuming that’s the shipping week of X&Y).

If the 3DS keeps up the rate it had sold in the last 11 days it will sell about 16 million more units before X&Y release, surpassing the DS total at the time of DP’s release. It’s not likely it maintains that pace throughout, but it will definitely be close. Because of that I don’t think it’s unlikely that we’ll see X&Y sell below what DP sold (about 18 million worldwide LTD) by the time the next main series games (remakes, sequels, 3rd versions, Gen VII?) come out.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/070426e.pdf#page=21

Also while gathering the data from VGChartz I thought it would be interesting to see the pre-order data for three other big titles coming to the 3DS prior to X&Y. While they certainly won’t move hardware at a 1:1 clip, they’ll still push 3DS sales upward at an increased rate than what we’re currently seeing. These preorder numbers are only for the US (two of the titles have already seen a Japanese release).

Pre-order Numbers via VGChartz: USA Pre-Order Chart - VGChartz

• Fire Emblem: Awakening – 57,344
    • Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 139,488
    • Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 111,517

I don’t believe the FE numbers reflect the limited edition bundle sales, so we’re looking at pretty good numbers prior to the actual release of these games. These are just pre-orders, and while I admit some may be inflated (I think Luigi’s Mansion has been available for pre-order since the 3DS’s E3 unveiling a few years ago) we know all three are pretty popular franchises that can move hardware. As others have said, Pokemon also pushes hardware; it’s a killer app and will do well no matter how many 3DS’s have been sold.
    Last edited by Red Inferno; 19th January 2013 at 12:42 PM.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

I think X and Y will cause 3DS sales to spike.

I think that X and Y themselves will sell very well, at least as well as BW/BW2, if not better.

Blog Entries

Regardless of how this game scores or sells, I'm still getting it. Pokemon is Pokemon.

However, I predict that 3DS sales will rise dramatically because all the Pokemon fans who held out on the 3DS will be forced to upgrade by their dedication to Pokemon. I hope Game freak does a good job, because a grand task like transferring Pokemon to 3D is something that can go wrong fast.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think some people may have waited for Pokemon before buying a 3DS, since it my man gaming interest, I even held off for a while until I found a Midnight Purple one on sale at a department store, I figured Gen 6 would be announced at some point sooner rather than later so I picked it up. I think many people may be in similar circumstances and will be more willing to buy 3DSes so 3DSes will start selling more due to this. Pokemon does sell a lot of game systems and it is a top seller for Nintendo, Im assuming this game will sell just as much, if not more than BW2, perhaps getting more interest due to being a full 3D main series title, which may broaden interest in general.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

I think XY will sell like diamonds, that's my prediction.

The 3DS's sales will probably go up as well, though I already got a 3DS two years ago, so I'm all good. Wonder if I should get a second one? I do like the Ice White one.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

I'm predicting the games will score in the 8/10 area because it will not be as large as the later DS pokemon games or as good looking as other 3DS games. This is pretty normal for the first Pokemon games on previous systems. The major changes that come with the new hardware will be noticed and well received though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    I think XY will sell like diamonds, that's my prediction.
    So, about half as well as Diamond and Pearl?
    Tentative pokemon Black team:

1.Oshawott; 2. Blitzel.; 3. Zorua; 4. Victini; 5. Deino; 6. Reshiram

Blog Entries

Probably gonna hit the 3 million mark for the opening week, getting to about 10+ million by december in Japan, with the 3DS getting an overall 5+ million boost in sales. Worldwide markets should be around the same, maybe about 2 for the states and 7 by December, with Europe's equivalent being around 1.5~2 million for the opening week and going strong to 5~6 million by December. Major difference with the 3DS in Japan and worldwide is a huge majority of those game sales will along with console sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    getting to about 10+ million by december in Japan,
    As if. No game has sold that well in a single country; only Red and Green exceeded 10 million units, but that took about three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova
    Im assuming this game will sell just as much, if not more than BW2
    B2W2's sales would be very poor for the main entries of a new generation. Their sales are more comparable to those of third versions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    getting to about 10+ million by december in Japan,
    As if. No game has sold that well in a single country; only Red and Green exceeded 10 million units, but that took about three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova
    Im assuming this game will sell just as much, if not more than BW2
    B2W2's sales would be very poor for the main entries of a new generation. Their sales are more comparable to those of third versions.
    Yeah I read the wrong numbers when researching BW/B2W2 sales. Might hit around 6 million though, its not crazy to assume at least that, considering how BW hit 4.5 by years end.

Might hit around 6 million though, its not crazy to assume at least that, considering how BW hit 4.5 by years end.
    It's possible, but Diamond and Pearl took four years to reach that figure in Japan, and Black and White may never reach it (the current figure is stagnating around 5.6 million even though roughly 5 million units were sold in 2010 alone).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast