How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

Powered by the sky! Delta Uncle Edit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

Every main Pokemon title was very successful, both in sales and in critic scores. So, I was wondering; how well will Pokemon X and Y score and sell? Will they sell even more copies than other hits like Pokemon Black and White? Will they sell worse? And could they become the highest scoring games in the series? Or will they score about the same as past titles? With that said and done...post your thoughts and have at it!

Blog Entries

Default Re: How well do you think Pokemon X and Y will sell and score?

Depends on factors really. The 3DS has been fairly unpopular as of late, even with the price drop. I still don't see too many people who own one, and I think the lack of good games are only contributing to that. Lack of handheld owners will only contribute to poorer sales of games that are designed for it.

However on the bright side, Pokemon is also a very popular and critically-acclaimed franchise, especially the main series of games. It could also just be the very thing needed to get those sales of 3DS's boosted. I'm sure the prospect of another 3D Pokemon game will also interest a lot of people as well.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I disagree, the 3DS has done quite well popularity wise, especially when you compare it to the VITA. I say it will sell just fine.

The critical score, however, you won't know until we know almost everything about the game. Right now, we know very little about it.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Okay well I stand by that correction then. Even then, I don't meet too many people who own one. But I will agree, it is rather too early to really be making any call about the game itself.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

a console is obviuosly struggling if its price gets reduced so quickly after coming out.

The newer games will not outsell the older ones theres no way it will happen, 3ds is an unpoular even if people will buy it just for pokemon the amount of owners will till be alot lower than ds owners it will probably stay like that for a good few years. Also since its a completly new gameplay it could completly flop and not work at all, meaning people will stop buying it.

Pokemon X and Y will sell alot of 3ds's frankly. I think XY will be hugely successful in Japan , get average scores in the US but sell well there despite the fact.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Amazingly, of course. It's Pokémon. The biggest flop in Pokémon history was Generation III, even then only R/S/E. Look how well they turned out: GameFreak was still rolling in cash. So X and Y may sell better or worse, but it will sell. And it will sell well

Well, the 3DS hasn't sold as much as previous handheld titles, but it is far from Vita bad. The major reason is because of the lack of good games. NSMB2 is almost the same as the Wii version and isn't as innovative the original NSMB for the DS. MK7 had similar issues. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D was okay I guess. They all sold well only because they had Mario or Zelda in the title.
    On topic I believe they will sell like crazy. Most people own a handheld Nintendo console for Mario or Pokemon. Especially Pokemon. They games look like they have a lot of effort put into them. But looks can be deceiving. However Game Freak and Nintendo are not that irresponsible. 8.3/10 at worst probably. X and Y will most likely make the Pokemon and a bit more popular and perhaps be well received and bring 3DS sales up.

I think it was a smart move to make Pokemon X and Y on the 3DS only. It'll most likely get people buy the 3DS for the game and maybe even help other 3DS games sell (?). But I think Pokemon X and Y have a good chance to be the top rated Pokemon games due to it's new features, but again, the rating could be worse if it's not very good. As for sales, I'm thinking the whole "Buying a 3DS" and owning one already or "should i really get a 3ds for Pokemon" situation will affect it somehow ...

Insanely well, I'm sure.

I think in terms of critical success, it'll be pretty much whatever they usually get, maybe a little better since it'll in 3D. Reviewers will compliment it for being "addicting and fun to play" but will criticize it for "relying on the old formula too much."

If I remember correctly, Black & White got a 40/40 from Famitsu when it was first released (Black 2 & White 2 ironically scored less with a 36/40). I can't see why X & Y shouldn't do just as good, if not better, judging from the trailer alone.

I feel like BW scored so well because it was a bit of a refreshing change from the previous gen. The graphics were touched up and it actually was more plot driven than previous entries in the series. It really felt like a fresh start and a bit of a departure from the traditional formula. If X&Y build upon that I can see them scoring better than BW2, but probably not the perfect score BW received.

As far as sales go I expect X&Y to do very well. I pulled up the numbers in a previous topic (and once I get off my iPad I'll post the updated figures) and it looks like the 3DS will have a similar install base as the DS did during DP's release. With the US/EU release of Fire Emblem Awakening and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, along with the release of the new Luigi's Mansion I can see the 3DS's install base receiving a few significant bumps as we approach X&Y's release. That should only boost X&Y's sales figures.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Blog Entries

Hasn't the 3DS sold over a 100,000 units or something? Despite it's rough start the 3DS is doing VERY well X and Y are more or less guaranteed to sell at least 15 million+ games and by trailer and Xernaes/Yveltal and the new (vastly improved) graphics I say it will do well also... B/W showed how well they could make a story can't wait to see the improvement

edit: scratch that.. the 3DS sold about 1.25 million this December about 7.7 Mil total it's apparently starting to OUTSELL the DS seriously the 3DS has been out for... 2 years now? 7.7 mil is damn good and that might just be in the US...
    Last edited by Articwolf10; 18th January 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    a console is obviuosly struggling if its price gets reduced so quickly after coming out.

The newer games will not outsell the older ones theres no way it will happen, 3ds is an unpoular even if people will buy it just for pokemon the amount of owners will till be alot lower than ds owners it will probably stay like that for a good few years. Also since its a completly new gameplay it could completly flop and not work at all, meaning people will stop buying it.
    It's true, it was doing poorly, but since the proce cut, it has actually sold more than the DS did in the same amount of time (~1.5 years)

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast