HM Moves That You Hate Most
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HM Moves That You Hate Most

Default HM Moves That You Hate Most

For me is HM Flash, no doubt at it. The effect is frickin terrible for lowering little accuracy and doesn't affect much on the opponent. Dazzling my eyes but terrible.

Follow Dragelsnart On Twitter

Default Re: HM Moves That You Hate Most

Cut was never useful in battle and it was rarely used in game to begin with. Since I'm too lazy to return to the PC it takes up one of my pokemon's moves

Friend Code: 0087-2824-1700
    Claims: Porygon

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The only HM moves that are good are Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Fly the rest you can get rid of!
    You are able to complete the games without using Flash and Defog, it just makes it harder to find your way around, but I managed it even as a 7 year old.

THe one that really gets me tho is Whirlpool. Not only is it a 3rd water HM meaning your water type pretty often needs to have 3 HM moves, but also its useless in battle. Takes away a tiny amount of HP each turn, big deal.

Cut and flash were the worst ones. Useless and barely used, they just took up room. And I always felt bad using HM slaves, what kind of life is that?
    At least the others were useful in battle.

Friend Safari: Bug - Beautifly, Pinsir, Combee

The Poké Corner
    Pinterest

My FF: Forever Young - A Hoenn Tale

Fly because by the time I've finished item hunting, I can get rid of all of them except Surf, which is good enough on any special Water-type, and Fly (sometimes also can't get rid of Waterfall but it's also good). Fly isn't too bad in itself but it's annoying when I'm forced to use it as my Flying STAB, since I can only surrender one moveset to it.

Friend Safari: Ice: Delibird, Sneasel, Cloyster | Vivillon pattern: Archipelago
    PM me if you're interested adding me for the Friend Safari or want an Archipelago Vivillon that comes from a Friend Safari. :)

Flash has always been my most hated HM. No damage, low effect, and worse than that, it was required in Gen 1 to reach the Poke-League. Thank god you now can delete the moves freely!
    Cut was another one, but at least this one does something in battle.

As for Whirpool, altough it doesn't deal much damage and has little to no use (other than catching Lugia), I still use it on my Lapras for Perish Trapping, and it works...

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

All of them get on my nerves, but Cut is definitely the worst. Why, after all these years, is the attack still so weak? If you're going to force me to give it to one Pokemon, at least make it strong, like Surf or Strength. The 95 accuracy just twists the knife in deeper; that tiny chance of missing makes it more all the more frustrating when it happens.

Who is this git?

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Rock Smash. For a move that's used so frequently on the field, it's so weak to use in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    Rock Smash. For a move that's used so frequently on the field, it's so weak to use in battle.
    I forgot all about Strength and Rock Smash. Those are awful too.

Friend Safari: Bug - Beautifly, Pinsir, Combee

The Poké Corner
    Pinterest

My FF: Forever Young - A Hoenn Tale

Flash. Since Cut has some utility outside of battle, it's second on the hate list. Flash, as most people have noted, is largely unnecessary, has little effect in battle, and almost never warrants a spot in a moveset. I never saw the point of it when I was younger, and I still don't understand why it exists today.

Honestly, any HM that isn't Surf or Waterfall is useless to me. Even Fly isn't that good, since almost any other Flying type move can deal more damage in the same number of turns (although I do still use it in cases where nothing better is available).

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ignoring the obvious ones that have been removed (Flash and Defog), I'm going to have to go with Cut and Waterfall. Neither are particularly useful in the field, they're just random obstacles that have no higher purpose. I mean, look at the other recurring HMs. Surf offers a new means of transportation and a new method for catching wild Pokemon. Strength is useful for puzzles and in its current form (in BW and XY), is useful for temporarily blocking off areas that you don't want the player to visit immediately (think the Rt. 13 shortcut to Giant Chasm). Rock Smash also offers a new method for catching Pokemon, and in some games you can get items/fossils from them. Dive adds an extra dimension to water routes and another new method for catching Pokemon. Fly allows you to travel between cities instantly. Cut and Waterfall are just there to hinder your progress and nothing more. I'm actually surprised Game Freak didn't remove these two as HMs in 5th gen when they started weeding out HMs left and right.

Rock Smash also gets honorable mention for being a horribly useless battle move, if they maybe were to jack up its base power to something more in the range of 60+, there'd be absolutely no complaints. But then, pretty much all of the HMs outside of Surf, Waterfall, and Fly are near useless in battle anyway, they really need to make HMs more useful in battle (one of the biggest problems being that nearly all of them are Normal or Water type).
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 23rd July 2014 at 05:15 PM.

Gustav Adolph>Bird Jesus Barfing Ogres's Avatar

I absolutely loathe Cut. It would be much better if it had a secondary effect, but even then, it would be just mediocre. Flash would be more usable if it lowered accuracy 2 stages, though admittedly, its the one move I use more than Thunder Wave when fighting a legendary. Rock Smash would be better of its BP was 60ish and the chance to lower defense also 60ish. Everything else I'm fine with.
    You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole! - Ryan the Mad King of Achievement City Haywood
    Claims Braviary, the greatest bird in the universe. Also Bulk Up. But that's less 'Murican.

hate rock smash. not only is it weak, when you use it you get into random battles! groan.

why cant we delete them? you dont loose TM or HM anymore! you cant release a pokemon while in the world map. there is no way to get stuck.
    Favorite Pokemon is Aggron!
    3DS Friend Code : 2234-7218-8224

Blog Entries

Rock Smash and Flash, as they either do nothing or they just outright suck. Cut is a close second, because it's too weak to be useful in battle.

Fly is awesome, though. Especially teaching it to non-Flying type Pokemon. XD

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast