Hints in HGSS? - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hints in HGSS?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hints in HGSS?

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    As I said, the anime is loosely based on the games, not the other way around. I know tha some things happened in the anime that did not happen in the games (Filler eps go!) but there are events that did happen in the games that happened in the anime.

One cannot deny that there was a Battle Tower, Battle Pyramid and other battle places as well as a Pokemon league battle in every generation. There was also Jesse and James in Pokemon Yellow and Palkia and Dialga were summoned by Cyrus on Spear Pillar.

The games are core in my opinion but the anime helps flesh out those opinions of mine.
    Thing is, they're different canons. Sure, they're the same franchise and some of the same stuff is going to appear in both of them, but they're portrayed differently in the different mythos. Some Pokemon may be more powerful in the games than in the anime and vice versa, some mythology might change, some towns may be added/removed. They have the same source, but what they do with it can be as different as night and day, which is why using the anime to reference the games and vice versa is frownede upon in the fandom
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Thing is, they're different canons. Sure, they're the same franchise and some of the same stuff is going to appear in both of them, but they're portrayed differently in the different mythos. Some Pokemon may be more powerful in the games than in the anime and vice versa, some mythology might change, some towns may be added/removed. They have the same source, but what they do with it can be as different as night and day, which is why using the anime to reference the games and vice versa is frownede upon in the fandom
    Ah, but were not using the anime to reference the games. We're discussing if Arceus is the god pokemon or not. That could be discussed with both.

And to ask another question: How do we know that certain events in the anime did not happen in the games?

Blog Entries

We're discussing if Arceus is the god pokemon or not. That could be discussed with both.
    But what does that have to do with Gen V hints in HG/SS, which is what this thread's originally for?

And to ask another question: How do we know that certain events in the anime did not happen in the games?
    Simple... because they probably didn't. All the anime and movies do is advertise the games, so there really is no need for every single gaming event to happen in the anime, or vice-versa. Even the main Galactic plot had a few twists that the games didn't, where they steal the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs, the Spear Key which wasn't even in the games to begin with, and what they used to create the Red Chain.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries

Because if Arceus was the God Pokemon, there would be no way to top that! It cannot be the God Pokemon because of the way it would affect Gen V-Gen Infinity.

I said certain, not all.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because if Arceus was the God Pokemon, there would be no way to top that! It cannot be the God Pokemon because of the way it would affect Gen V-Gen Infinity.
    As far as the games are concerned, Arceus is the Pokemon God. Until they tell us otherwise, that's all there is to it. If you don't want to see it that way, that's fine. But it's just how it is

I said certain, not all.
    That's not how canon works. Either everything that happened in the anime is canon with the games (and it's not), or nothing is. Simple as that
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Who says Arceus HAS to be topped? If he can't, he can't. And if so, they can still make Legendaries that are of a lower level than Arceus. I don't think the concept of Arceus being the God Pokemon is gonna stop Game Freak from creating more Legendaries. We all know how much they love their precious formula of creating Legendaries for every Generation.
    Last edited by KPTitan; 12th April 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I said certain, not all.
    Let me point out that mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. I don't see how Lugia, Ho-oh, or Celebi topped that.

They don't HAVE To top Arceus. Many of us don't want them to even try.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post

They don't HAVE To top Arceus. Many of us don't want them to even try.
    Which includes me.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

When did this thread turned into the 4th gen arceus discussion thread?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XeRxEs View Post
    When did this thread turned into the 4th gen arceus discussion thread?
    When everybody put all their forshadowing hopes in the Sinjoh Ruins event... which was like in post #2

Blog Entries

To be honest here, I can't think of any known or well-known hints of Gen V being in HG/SS. Besides that one about the "white beginning" on the Pallete Town sign that Megatron pointed out, I got nothin'.

Weak attempt to stear the thread back on topic is weak, I know... I tried it once before on here, and it still didn't happen.

Blog Entries

All I can see are the few instances where graphics changed or something. I'm on the opinion HGSS was the testing ground for new features in the franchise.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    All I can see are the few instances where graphics changed or something. I'm on the opinion HGSS was the testing ground for new features in the franchise.
    I believe the same, that's why I'm still hoping BW to retain the walking Pokémon feature (and why not, expand it) and the Pokéathlon. But even then, I don't think HGSS had much new features to begin with. Besides those two things and the camera angles, I dn't remember anything new and relevant those games have introduced.

Blog Entries

Yeah, HG/SS was pretty much like D/P/Pt, just with the Pokeathalon and following-Pokemon features. This is the first time I've seen it being suggested as a testing ground for Gen V, and I think that's interesting. Since they were probably planning on releasing B/W on the DS for quite a while, it would make sense that they would try and see what they could do with the DS regarding putting another new Gen on it.

Blog Entries

I know I saw a blog about the testing thing somewhere, but I can't find it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast