Hints in HGSS? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hints in HGSS?

Default Re: Hints in HGSS?

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioAura View Post
    God I don't want Kanto again. Please no.
    Why would we have Kanto again? We just had it in HGSS.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

I mean in Gen V as a whole. And please god, not kanto in the new games. Besides, the had just had kanto with yellow, then G/S/C came along and brought it back again.
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

It's obvious that the last rocket grunt's home region is NOT Kanto. I don't remember him ever saying that he will restart it, I just remember him saying that he will return to his home country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiunite View Post
    It's obvious that the last rocket grunt's home region is NOT Kanto. I don't remember him ever saying that he will restart it, I just remember him saying that he will return to his home country.
    Same here but I never trust my foggy memory.
    I think it would be cool to fight Team Rocket again but at the same time i'd like to see a new team.

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I battled that Rocket member just the other day. He spoke in broken English, so he's probably from a far off region.

Also, there's a fair bit of Hoenn prods in the game, like Steven Stone, mentioning only Hoenn in Pal Park (although it'd be odd if he said Kanto). This could have been done due to all the Hoenn legendaries being in HGSS, but people pulled at shorter straws for GS Remake speculation.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Isn't that grunt Russian?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiunite View Post
    I don't remember him ever saying that he will restart it, I just remember him saying that he will return to his home country.
    "I my country go home.
    Make Team Rocket I will.
    Good-bye! So long!"

Hmmm...
    Well, I guess it's possible that a new Team Rocket will rise.
    I highly doubt it, though.

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

I doubt it's a hint of any kind, but I noticed yesterday while walking around Kanto that the sign in the middle of Pallet Town reads:

Pallet Town
    A Pure White Beginning

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Ruler Zorark View Post
    Whatever, its not canon that he's a god anyway.

Mythology (Diamond entry) + Creation of the Universe = Religion-God.

If that's not canon, then I don't know what is.

Back on topic, I don't see how any of these things can be considered hints to BW's storyline.

Professor Silktree is referenced as the Founder of the Ruins of Alph research team, isnt' he? But we never know when that happened, and I believe the team has quite some time being active, so we don't know if this Prof. Silktree is still working, let alone being alive. Plus, in the case he is indeed still active, he is never referedas a foreigner Professor, which makes me think he's another Johto-native scientist. After all, is there any law in the Pokéworld which orders that there can only be one Professor per region? Not that I know. So I think this Silktree man is another Pokémon professor fropm Johto, be it from the past or still working in the present.

And with the Sinjoh ruins confirming Arceus's role as the creator of the universe (I don't eat Unown Lord's dream of the Unown helping him), the Sinnoh myth storyline already had its closure. I'd like to focus now into new myths rather than staying in the last gen's myth which has already been solved (while it may be expanded, it must be a sideplot and should not take the spotlight from the main legends).

Quote Originally Posted by DorianBlack View Post
    According to Sinnoh legends, which have in no way been shown to be true. All we know for sure is that Arceus can make those three other legendaries. Mythology =/= fact.
    Well, in real life we don't for sure know if the judeochristian God (or any other god for that matter) created the universe, yet He is still refered to as god. Plus Zeus and the rest of the classic greek mythology's deities were called gods. So we don't need to prove as a fact that a particular god created what is said it create to be still considered a god. Thus, Arceus is indeed a god, whether it created the Universe or not (anyways, it did, as the Sinjoh event confirms).

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    I doubt it's a hint of any kind, but I noticed yesterday while walking around Kanto that the sign in the middle of Pallet Town reads:
    That's just referencing to the fact that Pallet Town was the town where you began your adventure in the previous game.
    Last edited by VeggiePopper; 12th April 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    considering the town's name, that's not surprising.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I think the idea of Arceus being a 'god' wrapped up the finality of any other ledgendaries; they will not be as good as Arceus.

That's just referencing to the fact that Pallet Town was the town where you began your adventure in the previous game.
    And that white is the shade of all 3 primary colours, so 'Pallet' refers to a pallet of colours.

AMAZING signatures by Zurr! <3

Sign up to my RPG 'Rocket vs Galactic: PokéClones' here, and to 'The Team Rocket Project', Ambertwo's RPG here!
    Click here for my sprite shop!

My forum; 'The Entertainment Pit-Stop', can be found here. Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    considering the town's name, that's not surprising.
    Obviously; which is why I prefaced the quote. However, it's still a funny thing for the sign to say with the recent B/W announcement; taking into account how these new games are supposed to be a new beginning for the franchise and whatnot.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

IMO Arceus is not a god.
    Well before Arceus there was no space and time as Arceus created dialga, palkia which created space and time and also created the lake trio which are representive of feelings, so I don't know how you can say arceus isn't god.

On another topic, the Grunt in Kanto mentioned that he would restart TR in his home region. It is interesting to note that this line was added in HGSS and was not in the original GSC.
    Suppose that could mean a new region OR it could mean a region we have already seen, like Hoenn, but With other evil teams in other regions, makes me sort of think that isn't were the rocket came from or wouldn't the grunt have joined the regional evil team and not TR? Unless they moved away from the region and didn't think of joining the regional team. Then again the grunt could be referring to a country thats not part of the big country all these regions are in as he does mention "going back to his own country" which has a high chance of meaning a different country and since its 99% that the next region is in the same country as all the previous regions, then its not really a reference to anything

And that white is the shade of all 3 primary colours, so 'Pallet' refers to a pallet of colours.
    You 100% sure, cause a pallet of colors is spelled palette not pallet, but mybe they just spelled palette differently
    Last edited by Shinx3000; 12th April 2010 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    Well before Arceus there was no space and time as Arceus created dialga, palkia which created space and time and also created the lake trio which are representive of feelings, so I don't know how you can say arceus isn't god.

Suppose that could mean a new region OR it could mean a region we have already seen, like Hoenn, but With other evil teams in other regions, makes me sort of think that isn't were the rocket came from or wouldn't the grunt have joined the regional evil team and not TR? Unless they moved away from the region and didn't think of joining the regional team. Then again the grunt could be referring to a country thats not part of the big country all these regions are in as he does mention "going back to his own country" which has a high chance of meaning a different country and since its 99% that the next region is in the same country as all the previous regions, then its not really a reference to anything
    Or Game Freak just wanted an excuse to put in a Russian reversal.

Also, to the people saying "No Kanto", GSCHGSS's Kanto is quite different from RGBYFRLG's Kanto.

Blog Entries

Isn't it possible that the Grunt isn't going to Remake Team Rocket by name, just make another Organization? I mean, I suppose there is a chance to ''remake'' Team Rocket. But even if he is in the next Gen, and even if it is 'Named' Team Rocket, I'm not sure it will tie into the Team Rockets of the past or Gio, so why the issue if having Team Rocket again? It really won't be again... At worst, they'll just use the same name.

Also. I think it would be a neat tie in to have the Grunt start a new Team.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast