Hilbert...oh and Hilda - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hilbert...oh and Hilda

Default Re: Hilbert...oh and Hilda

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    I think a default party for Hilbert/Hilda would be hard to do because how would you determine what they have WITHOUT a Memory Link. You can't fight Cheren or Bianca in BW2 without the Memory Link, therefore the same should apply to Hilbert/Hilda. Of course, they could have the whole "copy your Hall of Fame" team to the newer game optional. In which case I would say that Hilbert/Hilda's team would be by default made up of their legendary dragon, their starter, their elemental monkey, Volcarona, Zororak and then maybe Victini or another Pokemon I haven't thought of (Could be the fossil Pokemon but I'm not sure how that would work). But definitely a full-team of six.

But either way I think default team or imported team, the Pokemon should (and would) be automatically re-levelled to ensure there isn't too much abuse and that six Pokemon are in the team or something. Besides, who would want to import a dud team from their original game apart from someone who was being silly? In which case, let them be silly. Most of us would enjoy the pleasure of fighting ourselves. :)
    Imported team is even more difficult, think of what players with unbalanced teams would do? I think I had an HM slave when I made it into the hall of fame on Black the first time around. I wouldn't want to battle that.
    The default route would work better for everyone IF there were enough gift Pokémon in BW, which there aren't. There's the elemental monkey, Larvesta and a fossil. Unless, of course, you count the Magikarp you buy on Marvelous Bridge. And Zorua shouldn't count because not everyone could get it.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    I think a default party for Hilbert/Hilda would be hard to do because how would you determine what they have WITHOUT a Memory Link. You can't fight Cheren or Bianca in BW2 without the Memory Link, therefore the same should apply to Hilbert/Hilda. Of course, they could have the whole "copy your Hall of Fame" team to the newer game optional. In which case I would say that Hilbert/Hilda's team would be by default made up of their legendary dragon, their starter, their elemental monkey, Volcarona, Zororak and then maybe Victini or another Pokemon I haven't thought of (Could be the fossil Pokemon but I'm not sure how that would work). But definitely a full-team of six.

But either way I think default team or imported team, the Pokemon should (and would) be automatically re-levelled to ensure there isn't too much abuse and that six Pokemon are in the team or something. Besides, who would want to import a dud team from their original game apart from someone who was being silly? In which case, let them be silly. Most of us would enjoy the pleasure of fighting ourselves. :)
    Imported team is even more difficult, think of what players with unbalanced teams would do? I think I had an HM slave when I made it into the hall of fame on Black the first time around. I wouldn't want to battle that.
    The default route would work better for everyone IF there were enough gift Pokémon in BW, which there aren't. There's the elemental monkey, Larvesta and a fossil. Unless, of course, you count the Magikarp you buy on Marvelous Bridge. And Zorua shouldn't count because not everyone could get it.
    There is the possibility of 3 teams, each with changing Pokemon. We could see a Red thing where Hilbert/Hilda have all 3 Starters, an Eeveelution (a new one a piece if two are introduced), Reshi/Zek (depending on ID #), and Zoroark.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Or they can use Memory Link to copy the 1st hall of fame team for their party.
    I'm not sure how that would work out. Many people don't have a full team when they enter the hall of fame.

Red had a full team of Pokémon you got as gifts in Pokémon Yellow, but they can't do the same for Hilda/Hilbert.

And also, Cheren said neither Reshiram nor Zekrom were in Unova in B2W2, so I think we can assume he means the main character's not in Unova.
    IMHO it should be the current team at the moment of the Link, I think. So, you'd have to be careful about what you have in your party.
    Another possibility, is that at the moment of linking, the game allows you to pick which Pokémon you'll send.

Though a default team can be made, I think.

Starter
    Elemental Monkey
    Volcarona (from Larvesta Egg)
    Archeops/Carracosta (I don't know if the savefile stores somewhere which fossil you picked)
    Reshiram/Zekrom
    Zoroark (from shiny beasts' event)

But a transferred team would be thousands of times better, obviously.
    That could be easily abused. Someone could just have 1 level 2 patrat and call it a day.
    True, and I don't see the problem about that. There are lots of things that could be easily abused. Trading a Lv.100 Pokémon right after the first gym, for example. At that level not even disobedience is a real problem -just wait it to obey and take hits of 1HP.

There will be always people looking for a cheap way, and there will be always people looking for true fun.
    Owain likes this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    There is the possibility of 3 teams, each with changing Pokemon. We could see a Red thing where Hilbert/Hilda have all 3 Starters, an Eeveelution (a new one a piece if two are introduced), Reshi/Zek (depending on ID #), and Zoroark.
    You had me at Eeveelution! I like the idea of Reshiram/Zekrom being determined by the secret ID. Either way I am pretty certain s/he would have a Zoroark, and having all three Unova starters is perfectly logical all things considered. Plus this would enable the team to appear without the use of Memory Link. Whether you encounter Hilbert or Hilda would obviously just be determined by the gender you are playing now.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

Plus GF could just generate the teams the same way they do the Rivals team so that its not the same every playthrough

Blog Entries

Starter
    Elemental Monkey
    Archeops/Carracosta (I don't know if the savefile stores somewhere which fossil you picked)
    Reshiram/Zekrom

honestly using a transferred team seems stupid and leaves out those without access to a second DS.
    You can use Memory Link via the Global Link website with only one DS. I don't see why that can't be done for this as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

Starter
    Elemental Monkey
    Reshiram/Zekrom

honestly using a transferred team seems stupid and leaves out those without access to a second DS.
    You can use Memory Link via the Global Link website with only one DS. I don't see why that can't be done for this as well.
    Because Memory Link was created specifically for BW and BW2 to be able to connect and sort of give BW2 some DLC and tie up lose ends from BW

Blog Entries

Because Memory Link was created specifically for BW and BW2 to be able to connect and sort of give BW2 some DLC and tie up lose ends from BW
    ... And they can't just expand that to send data from Gen V games to XY, why?

Blog Entries

... And they can't just expand that to send data from Gen V games to XY, why?
    Because it was created specifically to link BW to BW2

Blog Entries

You're not really answering the question, though.

How do you know this? Did Gamefreak ever specifically state that it would never be expanded for future games?
    Owain likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    You're not really answering the question, though.

How do you know this? Did Gamefreak ever specifically state that it would never be expanded for future games?
    In a quote from out lovely Wiki:
    Memory Link is a new feature that allows players to sync both the original Black and White with Black 2 and White 2 together via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or DS Wireless Communications. With this feature, the player can access new game features and interactions in Black 2 and White 2. The player may need to finish the main story in their Pokémon Black or White games to see some of the flashbacks.
    Seems to me to be just a feature implemented into BW2 to connect it with BW

Blog Entries

Memory Link is a new feature that allows players to sync both the original Black and White with Black 2 and White 2 together via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or DS Wireless Communications. With this feature, the player can access new game features and interactions in Black 2 and White 2. The player may need to finish the main story in their Pokémon Black or White games to see some of the flashbacks.
    Repeating yourself =/= answering the question.

Again, I ask you:

Did Gamefreak ever specifically state that it would never be expanded for future games?
    Owain likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I don't see why that means it couldn't be expanded and connect BW2 with Gen 6 if Unova and the new region are related in some way but it's a big if. Id like to see it have ties to Unova definately, I am curious as to the region where Hilbert and Hilda went, perhaps it's this region and if so, Id like them to appear in some way.

Blog Entries

Repeating yourself =/= answering the question.

Again, I ask you:

Did Gamefreak ever specifically state that it would never be expanded for future games?
    Never stated it would be only BW2 but also never stated to be in XY. I'm just speculating that it will not appear due to it being a feature only for BW2, while you are just speculating it will appear
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I don't think memory link, or anything like that, will factor into a team for Hilbert/Hilda (if they even make an appearance (which is unlikely IMO) aaaaaand, if we even get to battle them (which is even more unlikely IMO)).

If anything, their team will be determined similar to how Red's team was in GSC/HGSS,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast