Hilarious/Awesome X and Y Moments You Had

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: Hilarious/Awesome X and Y Moments You Had

Default Hilarious/Awesome X and Y Moments You Had

Recently I've had a few awesome moments ingame and thought that I'd share them, as well as hear from everyone else about their moments.

So I'm in a Random Matchup and I send out my rockin' Malamar, and the opponent sends out Mewtwo. Normally Mewtwo would be banned from Random Matchup, but to make things worse he immediately Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y. I'm thinking about how screwed I am when he uses Aura Sphere... and it doesn't even deal half of my health in damage. I hit him back with Payback and it brings him into the red. Mewtwo attempts to use Recover but I hit him with another payback and knock him clean out. Thank you Malamar, see you in Ubers.

In another match, my Malamar is up against a Lucario, which hits me with Aura Spehere and barely does anything. I taught my Malamar Superpower at the Move Relearner in Dendeville, so I hit Lucario with Superpower, bringing him into the red and gaining Attack and Defense due to Contrary. The same thing happens on the second turn, and I knock Lucario out with +2 Attack and Defense to boot. He brings in Pidgeot and uses Featherdance, probably attempting to get rid my Attack boost. Unfortunately for him, it ends up sharply boosting my attack due to Contrary. I knock him clean out with Payback.

In other news, Malamar is my new favorite Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Hilarious/Awesome X and Y Moments You Had

A long while before I swapped it out for something else, I had started to Super Train my Vivillon in Special Attack and Speed. I can't think of any particular event that was awesome, but it was pretty exciting watching it completely sweep a bunch of dark-types with Bug Buzz and Draining Kiss with absolute ease.

In fact, I adore Super Training xD
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

Callem says this in the Pokeball Factory:

I was like "Goddamn Callem." Didn't know he had it in him to make a huge dig at Team Flare.

When I entrusted my shiny lvl. 70 Spritzee to almost random person just to evolve it and he was traded back to me. My faith for humanity was restored :)
    And some Pokémon I received via Wonder Trade.

And many others, too.
    Aonshinzo and SobriquetP like this.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

On Super Training, it's fun to watch a Pokemon do a no-holds-barred beatdown on the punching bag. Especially if it's something like a Scatterbug or Spewpa. ("Can Pokemon even move like this?") Then there's the Team Flare punching bag, which doesn't seem to have any effect beyond "for some reason, punching this just feels good".

My best moment was that double battle against Team Flare grunts in Glittering Cave. Grunts send out Croagunk and Scraggy, I lead with my Lucario while Serena leads with her Espurr. (Can you say "super effective"?) Yup, the battle only lasted one turn. Those poor grunts....
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

On Wonder trade I received something from a trainer called James. I didn't want to keep it, so I traded it away and the reciever was called Jessie (Or Jessica but it doesn't really matter). I received a Woobat. Hilarious coincidence.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Follow EpicMewtwo On Twitter
    Visit EpicMewtwo's Youtube Channel

I forget where he was but when you beat this one trainer he says: "Wow! You and your Pokemon's power levels are incredible! They're over 9,000 for sure!" ROFL! DBZ For The Win!
    ~EpicMewtwo

I love finding the gems in the NPC dialogues/monologues.
    Ex: There's a guy who starts to say the schpiel from the Ore Maniac in B2/W2, then says "This is where you're supposed to laugh."

One of the paintings in the art museum is the artwork from an e-Reader era TCG Supporter card. Got a kick out of that.
    Also, there's a painting of Mr. Briney and Peeko. And it literally says so.

Sycamore's assistants showing up dressed as super heros was pretty silly.

Registered User Cloud Strife718's Avatar

Battling-wise I just had an awesome moment while fighting the Champion. Ill put it in spoilers for anyone who hasnt gotten to the Champ yet and doesnt want the Pokemon revealed.

SimH5, Ceiwen, PyroPokeman and 2 others like this.

On the top floor of the hotel in Lumoise City, you can hear a trainer chewing out his furfrou for "marking its territory in the hallway.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Quote Originally Posted by Mielikki View Post
    When I entrusted my shiny lvl. 70 Spritzee to almost random person just to evolve it and he was traded back to me. My faith for humanity was restored :)
    And some Pokémon I received via Wonder Trade.

And many others, too.
    Woah, you gotta make them trade you some collateral or something first.

I'd neva eva do that with a semi-random person
    Cloud Strife718 likes this.

Awesome:

I encountered a wild Lv.14 Doduo along Route 5 and wanted to catch it. But most of my team's too strong (Lv.18-ish), so what do I do? Send out my li'l Lv.9 Riolu. I figure, okay, I know Doduo is part Flying but maybe he doesn't have an actual Flying-type move on him (and according to Doduo's G5 learnset I'm right, Doduos replace Peck with Fury Attack at Lv.14).

So I spend three turns wasting Counter while Doduo does nothing but Growl at me. Then it finally chooses an attack (Quick Attack), which hits my Riolu for about 60%. Who Counters and knocks Doduo's HP straight into the red zone for a Poke Ball capture.

Hilarious:

Any time I try to use Dragon Rage on a Fairy type. Bad news = should've seen that one coming *facepalm*; Good news = Charmeleon not being an actual Dragon-type.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Awesome:

I encountered a wild Lv.14 Doduo along Route 5 and wanted to catch it. But most of my team's too strong (Lv.18-ish), so what do I do? Send out my li'l Lv.9 Riolu. I figure, okay, I know Doduo is part Flying but maybe he doesn't have an actual Flying-type move on him (and according to Doduo's G5 learnset I'm right, Doduos replace Peck with Fury Attack at Lv.14).

So I spend three turns wasting Counter while Doduo does nothing but Growl at me. Then it finally chooses an attack (Quick Attack), which hits my Riolu for about 60%. Who Counters and knocks Doduo's HP straight into the red zone for a Poke Ball capture.

Hilarious:

Any time I try to use Dragon Rage on a Fairy type. Bad news = should've seen that one coming *facepalm*; Good news = Charmeleon not being an actual Dragon-type.
    I did that too. It was embarassing to say the least DX. My most awesome moment was when all my party except one got owned by korrina's hawlucha. The last pokemon in my party was my own hawlucha of a lower level. Swept the hell out of the gym.
    Aonshinzo likes this.

TF2/Pokemon/OFF
    Vice Head Moderator of PokEdit

Claimer of Farfetch'd, Flying Press and Toxic Orb

I nearly got owned by a NPC's Hawlucha down in Reflection Cave. Make no mistake, those things are fully evolved! (Speaking of which, I probably mentioned my very first encounter with a Hawlucha: after wearing it down into yellow HP I threw a Premiere Ball and critical capture!)

Another thing that's not totally awesome, but cool just the same:

After obtaining all three Kalos starters, I did a minigame on Pokemon-Amie with my Braixen. Who else showed up to play along? Quilladin and Frogadier.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 15th October 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I nearly got owned by a NPC's Hawlucha down in Reflection Cave. Make no mistake, those things are fully evolved!

Another thing that's not totally awesome, but cool just the same:

After obtaining all three Kalos starters, I did a minigame on Pokemon-Amie with my Braixen. Who else showed up to play along? Quilladin and Frogadier.
    I did get owned by that one.

TF2/Pokemon/OFF
    Vice Head Moderator of PokEdit

Claimer of Farfetch'd, Flying Press and Toxic Orb

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast