Is Heartgold and SS bugged once you get to Kanto ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Heartgold and SS bugged once you get to Kanto ?

Default Is Heartgold and SS bugged once you get to Kanto ?

I'v noticed while in kanto, that the dev's didnt seem to increase the levels of the wild pokemon along with the trainers. Also some of the trainers dont seem to be leveld apropriatly also..

I noticed some of them are say level 43, and then the guy standing next to him has level 18's.. The wild pokemon are only like level 10.. One guy i noticed had 2 pokemon around level 37 and then his 3rd was level 65.. 20 level higher then me lol..

Seems like they rushed the game i dunno

Default Re: Is Heartgold and SS bugged once you get to Kanto ?

Lots of people had this complaint with the original Gold and Silver too. The Pokemon's levels don't change much. The gym leader levels have gone up though, they used to be down in the 40s. Now, like the elite four, they've moved up to the 50s.

Personally though, I didn't like going through Kanto. Johto was good enough fore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooites View Post
    Lots of people had this complaint with the original Gold and Silver too. The Pokemon's levels don't change much. The gym leader levels have gone up though, they used to be down in the 40s. Now, like the elite four, they've moved up to the 50s.

Personally though, I didn't like going through Kanto. Johto was good enough fore me.

Well i didnt find doing Johto was enough for me.. I beat Johto in like 16 hours of playing.. So i have to do Kanto otherwise ill get bored.. It just doesnt seem like they botherd changing the levels correctly.. Just slopped the game together... At least the Gym leaders are much harder then the Johto ones because with them being like 54 thats 10 levels higher then me.. This is why i like diamond and platinum better... It takes 2x as long to beat and its much more polished.. Im a little disapointed in HG

Blog Entries

Some of the trainers with underleveled Pokemon actually makes sense when you listen to their dialogue. A guy had a level 18 Pidgey and then a level 40-something Pidgeot. After that, he tells you that if you put a Pokemon you're trying to level up first then quickly switch, the first Pokemon will gain experience.

There was that "King" trainer who had a Magikarp (Koiking) at level 65, though I think that was just a joke.

The wild levels are supposed to be like that, so they are reminiscent of FRLG Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by candymancan View Post
    Well i didnt find doing Johto was enough for me.. I beat Johto in like 16 hours of playing.. So i have to do Kanto otherwise ill get bored.. It just doesnt seem like they botherd changing the levels correctly.. Just slopped the game together... At least the Gym leaders are much harder then the Johto ones because with them being like 54 thats 10 levels higher then me.. This is why i like diamond and platinum better... It takes 2x as long to beat and its much more polished.. Im a little disapointed in HG
    I dunno, I found myself taking upwards of 80 hours in SS. I'd imagine a lot of this was from playing so much Voltorb Flip and the Pokeathlon, but I also spent a lot of time training my pokemon evenly. I didn't trade any pokemon over, so I was pretty much starting fresh and had to train everyone. It's not that I'm particularly slow and bad, I just prefer being at least to the level that the trainer's highest pokemon is at. (So if the leader's highest pokemon is lvl 20, then all mine will be 20). In the end, I had 80 hours by the E4 and I've gotten all 16 badges now with nearly 100.

What I remember from Diamond I found it a little too boring and slow for me. Oddly, when playing a game, I don't really want to have to put in 100 hours just to beat the game. I could have beaten SS in 30 if I wanted to, just wanted to take my time, whereas Diamond I HAD to.

Anyways, Kanto.

I dunno, I find it reminiscent and nice. Having the high leveled trainers and the higher gym leaders balanced out the lack of high leveled wild pokemon.

Pokebreeder in training Anthony Von Hertzon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This frustrated me too. I went to Kanto to train in the hopes of higher levels, when I came across a level 13 pidgey, I changed the date on my DS and high tailed it back to Johto. Plus, I wanted more time breeding, battling in the battle frontier, and playing the pokeathlon.

Click the Userbars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Von Hertzon View Post
    This frustrated me too. I went to Kanto to train in the hopes of higher levels, when I came across a level 13 pidgey, I changed the date on my DS and high tailed it back to Johto. Plus, I wanted more time breeding, battling in the battle frontier, and playing the pokeathlon.
    You could have just flown to the league then made your way back to Johto from there.

Blog Entries

most people were pissed off because of the low-leveled pokémon. but blah, you could have literally started another journey in kanto. start in pallet town and capture low-leveled pokémon and train them, just like you did in johto.

start off with a pokémon you captured in johto. go on route 1, capture a pidgey, then put your johto pokémon in your pc and start all over again with only one low-leveled pokémon. and then, you know... capture other pokémon. :\

of course, you'd have to train a lot, hence the levels of the trainers/gym leaders' pokémon.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

If this is going to turn into a "What did you not like about HGSS" thread I'm going to lock it. We don't need another one of those.

Well i made the thread asking if the game was bugged, cause i found it wierd how oddly leveld the wild and trainers were i nJohto like the devs got sloppy or something..

The Old Schooler

Yeah, it's definitely not bugged. It's really a combination of a lot of what people have posted. It's not as polished as it could be but it's at least attempting to be reminiscent of the originals. The pokemon levels are to suggest that it's the same world and that only the people have changed. Which you would expect with a 3 year difference. I think it's that same thought with the gym leaders.

No, it is not bugged. If you guys want to find high-leveled wild Pokemon in Kanto, go to Cerulean Cave. There is plenty of wild Pokemon in that cave [and Mewtwo].

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Ho-oh View Post
    No, it is not bugged. If you guys want to find high-leveled wild Pokemon in Kanto, go to Cerulean Cave. There is plenty of wild Pokemon in that cave [and Mewtwo].
    Hardly; Mewtwo is by far the most powerful pokemon in there. Even after beating Level 60 Blue, the Pokemon in Cerulean Cave barely reach a maximum of Level 50, which at that stage of the game should be pathetically weak. The same, annoyingly, is true for Mount Silver, making grinding really hard once the game's finished.

Certified Renard fanboy Magnagarde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by candymancan View Post
    You don't see the beauty of the Battle Frontier? I LOVE the Battle Frontier. I vowed to take as slow a playthrough as possible on HG. I decided that I would start a new game on Emerald, use my absolute favorites, and then dominate the Battle Frontier before migrating everybody. I will then proceed to breed for movesets and natures. I will then EV train and grind everybody up to about level 50. I decided this right before fighting Blue.

Right now I'm in Emerald, and looking forward to beating the game for the 15th time.

Do I have too much time on my hands?
    3DS FC: 2380-3776-6603

Blog Entries

You mean aside from the Machop that hasn't built the house in Vermillion City? ROFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast