Have you ever spent a long time looking for one Pokemon? - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Have you ever spent a long time looking for one Pokemon?

Default Re: Have you ever spent a long time looking for one Pokemon?

Yes. those Heracross and Munchlax in D/P

And that Milotic in rippling waters in White 2.

Blog Entries

I spent hours and hours looking for a Slugma in HeartGold. I can't remember if I ever actually caught one.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    I spent more than an hour looking for Eevee in Castelia, I found the right place with grass in the sewers. All I found was a Whimsicott. You know what's annoying? I already had a Cottonee and Whimsicott's encounter rate is the same as Eevee's, 5%. I hate this.
    I feel your pain. Even worse for me, I got an Eevee spawned early in and then while chipping away, my Pignite burned the Eevee and it fainted the next round, forcing another 45 mins of hunting before I found an Eevee. Fortunately, that one ended up with a great nature for a Jolteon evo [Naive] so I was thankful for that.

I have spent hours and hours hunting good IV/nature Gastly in pretty much every generation since I almost always have a Gengar on my team. BW2 is my first departure from this, though I plan to have a ghost per game still.

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Hidden Grotto Ditto. Need it for the rotom trade, need it cause its awesome, so I spent forever trying to get 2 of the bastards. So effing frustrating.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    I remember spending 3 hours searching for a stupid Relicanth in Emerald. It was a nightmare...
    Ah... The good ol' Relicanth-pain. I think I know how you must have felt. I was looking for the same stupid thing (and a Wailord) in order to capture the damn thing and put it in my party so that I can go for Regi-hunting.

I also remember those countless hours, when I was desperately trying to find a Latios in Ruby. Oh the horror...

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I spent countless months on the off chance that I'd get a shiny Snivy in Black. No, not months, years. I only stopped when I saw Snivies taunting me in my sleep. I never did find one.

Then, I spent hours yesterday looking for a Feebas in White 2. On the wrong route. I suppose it would be worth it if I found one now.

Also, here I was looking for a Scrafty for my PokeDex, on Route One, (took days because I thought they appeared in normal grass, :P.) When a shiny Jigglypuff jumps out at me. Scrafty suddenly wasn't so important. But I still wasted my life with thirty more minutes of hunting.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Quote Originally Posted by shayminrules View Post
    I spent hours and hours looking for a Slugma in HeartGold. I can't remember if I ever actually caught one.
    But you can get one in violet city, but have to find the password so you can get a Slugma egg
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

Feebas in ruby, needed Feebas and Milotic to complete the Hoenn dex. I never managed to find it the wild and ended up trading something ridiculous with a friend to get one, I then had difficulty evolving it, but succeeded eventually.

I also remember having difficulty catching an Electabuzz in red version which I also needed to complete the pokedex, remember spending days encountering every other pokemon except it in the power plant before I finally encountered one and caught it.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Latias in Pokemon Emerald. I kid you not, it took me three months to pin her down, weaken her and finally catch her. After that I never wasted my precious time on a solitary roaming legendary ever again. If I don't catch them within a few days of dedication to the cause, they end up seeing the business end of Master Ball. I only didn't use it on Latias because I was young, stupid and had wasted it on one of the legendary mascots, probably Rayquaza, even though I didn't really want it. But I did want Latias and by Arceus, I was going to catch her!

Also Eevee in Black 2. I searched for one for AGES in Castelia City before I found one. Ironically when I was doing a Nuzlocke and went into the grass, one popped up straight away and it was a girl. But when I have the chance to catch and breed as many as I want, I never even find one.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

Rufflet in Black 2
    around 5 hours in I remembered it was a White 2 exclusive >>
    Shiny Froslass likes this.

Nyx

I recently spent hours looking for a female Modest Eevee in Castelia City. I was ready to give up when I found some extremely useful tips on another site which helped me find exactly what I wanted within a few minutes. If only I knew those tricks earlier lol. >.<

Blog Entries

Ralts was very difficult for me to find..but i never give up on getting a pokemon i want.
    pfft and this reminds me, when i was a kid, when pokemon red was still fairly new, i searched for Mew, unaware that you can't get it..except from a glitch which i knew nothing about.
    i just assumed Mew would be in the same cave as Mewtwo so i spent weeks searching through the cave trying to find it..
    yes weeks...i was 8, i had nothing better to do.

Blog Entries

Pinsir in Blue. Took me a good 6 hour something straight marathon in the Safari Zone to get one.

Also my first post in years D: Wow it's been a while
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

Blog Entries

Chimecho was a hassle in Emerald. It took nearly an hour to find. Ironically, I found the Ralts I wanted and a Feebas on the first tries in the same game. Gible in Platinum (or one of my many Platinums) was also a pain. Every time I found the one I wanted, I'd end up KOing it by accident thanks to a badly-timed Critical Hit. That took a while, especially since I wanted a male, and all I got were females, with males far and few between. Feebas in Platinum was also a major headache. I tried and tried and tried, but came up empty handed. I ended up asking someone on this forum ages ago for one, which I got, so that ended that.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Yep. I searched forever in Gold version to find a Heracross. I never succeeded. :( But other than that I've been pretty lucky with fndng a Ralts in Ruby along with a Riolu in Black 2. :D

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast