Have you ever ditched your Starter? - Page 8
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

Default Re: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

I always tend to build a narritive up in my head that surrounds my player character and his Pokémon, and the starter usually becomes an important part of that. If I have a team in mind that doesn't include a starter Pokémon (one given out by the regional professor) then I will trade it away as soon as possible; but I generally get an attachment to my starter and feel guilty if I box it / trade it away.

The only exception, I suppose, is my Emboar in my current playthrough of Pokémon White. I ditched him yesterday and replaced him with a Larvesta (making my Whimsicott my "main" Pokémon, in the narrative in my head.)
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

I've ditched my starter multiple times on my Platinum game, just to mix it up.
    ~RA~

Banner made by Rayquaza 64 ^^^

I find the starters to become boring after you've played a few times. I think it would be nice if a game was produced that had a larger variety of starting options (without ruining the story). I mostly ditch my starter now because I prefer to do mono runs.

No, I always had my starter 1st in the team, which created some problems when I got to the Elite Four.

Blog Entries

I've ditched my starter in almost every game. Too mainstream for me.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

I don't feel keeping the starter as an obligation; however, I've never needed to dump my starter. Almost never ends as my ace Pokémon, though.
    Please enjoy this culturally, ethnically, religiously and politically correct signature responsibly. Thank you.

(original idea)

Blog Entries

The only starter I've ever ditched is the tepig line

aka Cacturne McNeil some nights's Avatar

Same as Tricky Ripper and glow. Never ditched a starter 'till just recently with my Pignite.

BLK FC: 5029 0966 4896

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

I've never ditched any of my starters. I usually choose them carefully beforehand instead of ditching them during the run.

Gen IV was bad. I never boxed it (Infernape) until I beat the Elite Four, but they just aren't nearly as good as the previous three.

Blog Entries

Did in Sapphire, since I noticed Blaziken's damage output was atrocious. Turned out he had a bad nature. Ditched Monferno in Pearl because it was also underperforming. Not going to use any of them in BW2, since Emboar is the only decent one, and I already used him.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

I review the starters before i picked them so i never ditch them at all because i pick the ones i want

Administrator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator

I don't think I've ever ditched my starter Pokemon and I don't have plans to do so in the future. I like the idea of sticking with my starter from the start to the end of the journey in the game and seeing it become stronger, along with the rest of my team, feels pretty nice. Even if they are lack-luster, like my Serperior unfortunately was in White, I still like to keep them around because they're my starter. My team would feel really weird without having my starter Pokemon in it.

Garchomp is adorable randomuniq's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow randomuniq On Twitter
    Follow randomuniq on Tumblr

I've actually considered ditching my Unova starter, but for some reason, I cannot ditch a starter. I feel all guilty and stuff. So the only reason why I would even just place my starter in the PC is because I need my HM Slave and my starter is overleveled.

I hear it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

I've never ditched my starter before. In fact, when I was much younger, all I relied on was my starter Pokemon for everything(Red and Ruby/Sapphire, first played Gold during 6th grade). In fact, when I first played Sapphire, I got through the elite four with my Swampert with almost all its moves(except Earthquake)HM moves. But after my elementary school years, I started to actually form a team and my starter almost never became my main Pokemon in my team, although I never ditched it.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast