Have you ever ditched your Starter? - Page 18

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Default Re: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

Well I wanted to have a badass Team once during a run-through of Heart Gold. I picked Chikorita (just for the lulz of trading it after catching 2 Ratatta's and 3 HootHoot's alongside it). My boyfriend was round at the time, so I got him breed me a bunch of eggs on his Platinum so I could train an awesome Team all the way from eggs throughout the whole game xD It consisted of Piplup, Ralts, Magby and Shinx (I hadn't trained one in a while), and he also traded me a Master Ball over too. So I'm on my way to get my 5th Badge, and then Raikou jumps out of no where xD So I caught Raikou, and my Team for the playthrough ended up being Empoleon, Gardevoir, Magmortar, Luxray and Raikou! It was an awesome Team (despite having two Electric types haha), but yes I have ditched my Starter.
    It's fun to try run through's with different Teams and different Pokémon rare to that Region, I also feel like a badass training Pokémon in Johto before the Elite Four that have never been seen there before xD
    N is finished yet.

Blog Entries

I've ditched my starter several times.

The problems I find with keeping your starter is that some of them are restricted to one playstyle only, some of them aren't dual types and thus I find they hurt the versatility of the team, and quite frankly it makes playthroughs boring. I don't want the same old Pokémon on my team; I want variation to make this playthrough different than the last ones.

No, I grow too attached to my starter to ditch 'em. Also, they're rare, and I love that! ^-^
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

I've never ditched ANY starter... Ever...

-Is what I would be saying before I played Pokemon Black.

Black was the only game I've ever ditched my starter in. I didn't really like the starters in Gen 5. I started with Snivy, and I just didn't want to keep any of the starters in my team, and I also had a much better (In my opinion) team, without them.

Note: I base my "Good"ness of teams on their looks, mainly, but also type, and stats.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

I did unintentionally ditched a starter once in the original Gold. The starter was Totodile and I ditched it for a Pidgey which evolved into a Pidgeot, though I didn't ditch the poor crocodile completely : when I've beaten Lance, the Totodile had become a "weak" Lvl 32 Feraligatr.

The only other time where I ditched a starter was when I ditched an Infernape in Platinum. After beating Maylene, I traded Infernape on the GTS for a Pokémon I don't remember. Plus, the Infernape had Nasty Plot (which was only available to Chimchar at lvl20+ or something like that). Not that I regret it now, since I don't really like monkey Pokémons aside of Primeape.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

I did in the game I'm currently playing (B2). I chose Snivy and then I realized I disliked Snivy so much. Gen V starters are my least favorite. None of them really appeals to me.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

The only time I ditched my starter was in Pokemon XD, where I ended up switching my rather slow-to-train Jolteon for a Voltorb. It was wicked fast, and using Explosion and Self-Destruct provided plenty of cathartic experiences against particularly aggravating trainers.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I ditched my Snivy in Black 2. I realized very quickly I couldn't stand using it. I caught and trained a Roserade instead.

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

yes alot of times but they always end right back in my team at the final stages of the game. I don't really have that much reason aside from the fact that i get bored of them so i switch my teams from time to time although i always switch back to my first set when battling the final Gym or the Elite Four until the end of the game.

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I've never ditched my starter and I'll never do it. I tend to play with the same team during my entire gameplay. To keep them strong, I make intensive use of the Exp. Share, which is one of the best held items in my opinion, and I change them from their slot to the first one frequently between battles. It doesn't bores me. I often switch my sixth-slot Pokémon with another in the box depending on my needs. I'll rarely make more than two simultaneous changes to my team. I only do that for important battles where my current team is in a type disadvantage.
    I always try to make my starter the strongest of my team, and the one with highest stats and friendship. I may only leave it at a Day Care with a Ditto for breeding purposes.

Follow Shinx! on Tumblr

I did, for the first time, on BW2. I chose Oshawott again then realized how pointless it'll be to have two of them. Not the biggest thing for me due to that reasoning.

championshipping no miko!

Yes, actually I ditched both my Snivy in White and my Oshawott in Black2. They were just so weak compared to the other Pokemon I could get by trading... but before Gen V, I always kept my starters on my teams.
    Hi! I'm shadow/phantomness! I founded Championshipping (Lance x Red).

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/index.html
    <--- My Page!

I am desperately trying to avoid reading yaoi and yuri, without much success...

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

To my knowledge, I've never ditched my starter. I probably would if I had played a particular game many times before and wanted to try out new Pokemon, but it takes me so long to do a single playthrough that this has never occurred.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Never did and never will, I can't not get attached to them.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I ditched Pikachu in Yellow. xD

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast