Have you ever ditched your Starter? - Page 14

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Default Re: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

I never have...but in my re-run of Platinum I am seriously considering it. I have both a Prinplup and a Shellos in my team (that derp face...I HAD to have that derp face). Now. I know that Empoleon is steel/water. I have trained one before. But I really, REALLY want to put my Probopass back in my team. I already have two waters. The ONLY reasonable choice to box would be my Prinplup; all of its uses are covered by Shellos. Any others would throw off the balance of my team (it's still balanced on the merit that Gastrodon is part ground :P)

However, any strengths of the Probopass are covered by another team member.
    It would serve only to be the thing you can't kill (unless you have a fighting-type 0.0)
    Wrestling with it. Always feel obligated to raise the starter, starter is the best one to ditch for a rather racist jewtalian rock.
    Thepiplupstory likes this.

Yeah, in Heart Gold. I ditched my Typhlosion at the end of the game.
    Mostly since I wanted to use a Flying type against Bruno and the only one I had was Ho-oh, who of course was also a Fire Type and as such I did not "need" Typhlosion.
    ...I... kinda regretted not using my first partner I obtained against the Elite 4, though.=/

Blog Entries

I never have. Because they're my first, I get all emotional with them. My torterra in platinum and Samurott in W2 haven't even been in a box yet. It does limit my team, but if you raise them good, they'll be really good. A lot of people comlain about Serperior, but I like mine a lot. His speed is great and leaf blade is one of my favorite moves. He is on level 100 and obviously can destroy all the in-games, probably why I think of him so high. I always try to work around my starter the legendary and maybe one other designated Pokemon and build my team off of that...

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost Type Trainer MoonlitxShadow's Avatar

i only ever choose the water starters. the fire/fighting dual type and the dual typed grass only adds weaknesses. in platinum i kept empoleon but in HG and SS i ditched the starters for a hand made team i traded over from platinum. low levels obviously. but i just get tired of the same old thing. and most starters are just the same thing with a different sprite.

Blog Entries

No, but in W2, I pretty much stopped training Oshawott at LV15.

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

White 2 is the first game I have ditched my starter although I changed it for a different starter. In White 2 I choose Oshawott then I traded a Squirtle from my Black version to use instead.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

I considered it in Black 2, but ended up keeping it. I forgot that Snivy and Servine are terrible until you get a Serperior.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

In Diamond, I ditched Piplup as soon as I got a Buizel, because I have a policy when making teams that I can only have one Pokemon per type unless it's a secondary type, that and Buizel and Floatzel are my favorite Pokemon.

I did the same with my Dewott in Black 2, also for a Buizel.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Ghost Type Trainer MoonlitxShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    In Diamond, I ditched Piplup as soon as I got a Buizel, because I have a policy when making teams that I can only have one Pokemon per type unless it's a secondary type, that and Buizel and Floatzel are my favorite Pokemon.

I did the same with my Dewott in Black 2, also for a Buizel.
    i try to keep to the same rule. but in platinum i had all the ghosts...granted i only really used gengar, mismagius, froslass, spiritomb, drifblim and dusknoir. in white 2 i have a samurott and jellicent.
    Code: 2664 2458 6584
    Name: Alex
    Safari: cascoon ariados drapion

safari completed
    now looking for the vivillons

Limited space but Ill add anyone who needs my safari. A lot of ppl helped me out while I collecting safaris. Just trying to pay it forward. Im available most evenings. So hop on so you can fully add me so I can then delete you. Send me a message when you add. i don't get on here too much anymore. but i will add when i eventually see the PM.

Blog Entries

Not intentionally, no. But it has happened.

In Black, my Samurott made it all the way to the E4. Now that I'm playing B2, my Samurott is sitting in a PC. Why? I've used it before, I haven't been EV training it worth a slag and I want to give another Water type a try. I'm actually training a Staryu and using it on my team as Prima's replacment. It's not permanent mind and Prima will return to the team post-E4 but I wanted to give someone else a shot. (I've never raised a Staryu. This is quite the experiment in my case.)

However, I ditched my main Fighting type--a Lucario--for a Chimchar. I lose one Starter and gain another.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Z ~ View Post
    GEN V
    - My White? No. My black? Ooooooh yeah.
    Ever since I bought the black I always used an AR ro catch some other pokemon as my starter and left my original starter in PC.
    So far I've been doing this with Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Elekid, Torchic, Smoochum, Clefairy, Teddiursa, Sneasel, Chimchar, Starly, Vulpix, Deino, Rufflet, Golett...The list goes on.
    O_O
    Um, you now make a very compelling argument for using an AR. Oh man, does this ever tempt me. Must....RESIST!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    I ditched my Samurott when it reached Level 38 in White Version. I consider my Chandelure my pseudo-starter since I use her more than any other Pokemon in that version.
    Oddly enough, I feel that way about my Golurk Dogū on B2: we've been through so much together and he's done so much for me that I feel like I really started my journey when I got him. I guess I kinda consider him my "true" Starter.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Follow kidrobo7 on Tumblr Visit kidrobo7's Youtube Channel

If I play a gen of games enough to have used all three starters before, I'll do a play through without the starter. I like to try and use a completely unique team every time I replay one of the games.

Plus in Gen 3 I don't really like any of the starters so the one time I've replayed Ruby I've gone without a starter.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think I ever have and probably never will. I get attached to them and it would also seem a bit weird to play without them during the game.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Sad to admit but so far Gen V's starters have been my least faves, so I find myself benching them about halfway through my adventure in favor of more interesting choices. Oshawott's line has grown on me alot more and I think Serperior looks cool, but I just prefer using more exotic team comps and trying to fit the so-so starters from this gen onto my team doesn't quite work out. Also feel like I've been spoiled by the excellent starters of generations past :\

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Adviser to the king Twisted Roselia's Avatar

Follow Twisted Roselia on Tumblr Visit Twisted Roselia's Youtube Channel

I kinda ditched my Samurott in White... I have 8 Pokémon which I mainly use but obviously I can only have 6 in my party at a time, and I find Samurott is the one I use least frequently.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I almost never used my Oshawott throughout the region and just leveled it up with the Exp.share. Only at Clay's gym did I temporarily use it.

I consider my Ralts and Aron as my starter. Gallade had been used the most and is currently the strongest on my team. Aggron had been doing all the gym battles.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast