Have you ever ditched your Starter? - Page 11

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

EVERYONE WANTS ME! Reshiram Lv. 9 and under's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you ever ditched your Starter?

I haven't before, but I'm going to in Black 2. I'm going to trade the Tepig I select to Black for my shiny Charmander as soon as I can. I just did a game with the Unova starters, and I want to mix it up a little.
    (The Tepig will be going to a good home, though- I plan to use him in Black. Plus, I need Emboar to complete the Unova dex, so, hey, two birds with one stone.)
    Sadly, I cannot trade myself.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Yup in SS I did. All other games no.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Yes. Lots of times.
    In HG, I chose Cyndaquil. It's fine, of course, but I wanted to try something different, so...
    I caught a Sentret, raised it into a Furret, and it was a BOSS. It one-shotted everyone except the champion's last two pokemon, and it was my only Pokemon except for my TM slaves.
    But that's because I took the time to train it. ;D

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Hell yeah I've ditched my starters before. I did it with Meganium and had to do it with Infernape. Taking too many hits from flying and psychic moves and grass type starters are just useless. I rather electric types.

Blog Entries

In White, I trained all three starters, then left Pignite in the PC following Burgh and Serperior before Brycen. Only Samurott stayed to the end.
    In my current playthrough of Soul Silver, as much as I wanted to properly keep and train a Meganium, She's still sitting in the PC as a Bayleef (I'm at the E4 with an almost-ready team)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I ditched my Chikorita in Gold version when I discovered it's attacks had very little effect on both Falkner's and Bugsy's gym. I didn't know what types were about at that time, but I hated seeing that "It's not very effective..." sign appear everytime.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I've only ever done it once - during my first play-through of Pokemon Blue. I was eight or nine at the time, though. I didn't really get the hang of raising Pokemon yet and instead was constantly using a lvl 84 Raticate against the Elite Four. And I won. Wouldn't do it again. I know it seems odd but you can get awfully attached to those sprites.

I ditched my Samurott when it reached Level 38 in White Version. I consider my Chandelure my pseudo-starter since I use her more than any other Pokemon in that version.

I ditched my Quilava in SoulSilver because I found out about Natures, EV-training and IV-breeding. I couldn't live with the idea that Quilava wasn't the 'strongest'. (That actually sounds more like a rival thing to do than a protagonist).
    In White I attempted a nuzlocke so I could appreciate normal Pokemon again (even though I gave up when I caught a Timid Trimburr). I made my Dewott an HM mule, so I could still use it but it would stay a Dewott forever. I liked its design better than Samurott and didn't want it to die.

To tell the truth, I usually do. But why is that such a bad thing? Why should I use a Pokemon that I don't want to use on my team? I only use the starters if I like them. I haven't ditched my Torchic, Mudkip, Bulbasaur, Piplup, and Snivy. I used them because I actually like them. Sometimes I want to experiment with different Pokemon, and I don't want the starter filling up a space.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Normally no, but I think I did ditch my starter in one game (might've been Pearl, but not entirely sure).

My favorite shinies. :3

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I generally box my starter after beating the elite four the first time. That's when I train all my other pokemon for various reasons (filling the pokedex mainly). It seems a bit odd, but I enjoy it.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Yes i've done it in several playthroughs and several pokemon games, for White i even made a whole custom team to trade later, i didn't give them any good tm moves though until later else it wouldn't have been fun xD But i don't ditch my starter everytime though :) Just sometimes, and i tend to replay my games quite often, it also depends on the game, i never had the urge to ditch my started in Emerald or Leafgreen, but i've done it quite often in Platinum and HG, I actually wanted to train pokemon to get ready for B/W2, but i don't think i'll make that now since i'm focused on other things, and sorry i rambled :x I think i'll play through B/W with ingame teams.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've only done this once, When my Empolemon in Diamond was totally not getting trained as fast as everyone else. So I ditched it. It was lv 42 when i did while the rest of my team were lv 50+. I think I ditched it for a lv 49 Floatzel. Ice fang was useful in the Elite 4.

In ss i did for a shiny drowzee, I'm kind of over using the starters and in black and white i utterly hate the starters in that game so i usually swap them out when i can, when playing my Japanese black 2 i swapped out mu fire starter for a magby right near the start.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast