Has collecting them all become difficult yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has collecting them all become difficult yet?

Default Has collecting them all become difficult yet?

The last time I tried collecting them all was back in the Gold/Silver days and I haven't tried sense. I imagine it must be a tad difficult catching, training, trading, evolving etc. in order to get a full Pokedex.

Have you been successful so far with keeping up with new Pokemon? Have you given up? Did you ever try in the first place?

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Has collecting them all become difficult yet?

Hasn't it always been difficult... Especially if you don't have someone to trade with.

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

Blog Entries

It was always difficult for me until gen V.
    My boyfriend has the other game so I can get all the exclusives from him
    I claimed Victreebel

Its always been a little difficult depending on your situation. Personally I always by every version anyways, so version exclusives never mattered for me. I just needed another gameboy from a friend. However, as of Gen 3 with the NUMEROUS event only pokemon thats when it became difficult and nigh impossible for a lot of people to complete the dex. As of Gen 5 i've stopped trying.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Its difficult, but it could be worse. Thank goodness its not. Especially when you have nice people on here to trade with and make it easier. The first time I ever completed a Pokedex was in Pearl, but since I had no one to trade with, most of it was using an AR. But now on White, I'm trying my best to complete the whole Pokedex legitimately as possible.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Eh, not so difficult really. More like time consuming. I completed the dex twice in Gen IV and doing good progress in Black too.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

It is more difficult. But that just makes the sense of achievement even sweeter,

DCM
    Blog Entries

Difficult? No. Time consuming? Yes.

Back before we had wifi trading, it was difficult. Now, it's just a matter of do you have wifi and the time?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

I think Gen IV made it easier than it was in Gen III, despite the Pokedex expanding. Being able to trade online has made a huge difference, plus by the time HG/SS came out, it was as though GF just said "sod it," and made it easy to catch Pokemon from the GBA games, such as the starters and legendaries.

I can imagine it being extremely difficult in Gen III (never tried it, just played the main story) - the Johto starters were only available on completion of the Hoenn dex, for example, and then you only get to pick one - so you'd have to play the game through multiple times or know at least two other people that happened to pick different ones (and play it as extensively as you). That, and only one of the legendary dogs was available in FR/LF, depending on the starter you chose. Ho-Oh and Lugia were event only.

Generation I was awkward, too, given that you couldn't breed and effectively replicate evolution lines to trade over.

But yeah, Gen IV is just a bit fiddly and time consuming, but it's perfectly doable. Did help that I had multiple versions and my boyfriend's DS to hand, though - plus you can use the GBA cartridges to import Pokemon over directly. I don't have all the event Pokemon, but it doesn't matter - the game says I did it and gave me my 4th trainer star!

It wasn't difficult for me. D: My sisters and I share 3 DS, and we have all three Shinnoh games. With the assistance of migration and AR, I was able to complete the Pokedex easy in Platinum.

With a living Pokedex in Platinum, you can see that it was child's play to get 649 seen & caught in White once I had access to PokeTransfer. D8 It is sure time-consuming, but with Gen IV and V bringing Wi-Fi trading, it is no longer difficult!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I collected all kanto pokemon and then I thought I collected them all. Until, that is, Jhoto and Hoenn jumped in. I manged to get them all. when Sinnoh arrived, and now Unova, I'm like, forget it. So, it was difficult at a point where new pokemon get released.
    this is madness! no...this...is...SPARTAPASTA!

Not really "difficult", but it take some time to evolve certain Pokémon. And if you got Wi-Fi, it's kinda easy. I've a friend that I trade trade-evolved Pokémon and Pokémon that I had, but she didn't etc. - so it went quite easy.

I'm not planning to do it in Gen V though, since I got them all in Platinum. I'm just getting all of the Unova Pokémon I guess. ^.-

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

It's hard for me, since I only own SS and nothing else, so some of the legendaries and others are hard to get. But it's not impossible. :D

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I never completed any Pokédex, altough I almost completed the Johto one in SoulSilver. Now I'll try to complete the Unova Pokédex, since 3 of my friends has a Generation V game. That should be easy. Maybe I'll try the national one after, but that would be very long.

Doesn't like your writing Reyairia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, if anything it's gotten easier now that there is wifi and the GTS. The only ones difficult to get are the event only pokemon, and even then you just need to make a good friend that will lend them to you.

FC: 4684 8353 4304

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast