Hardest villainous team leader.

Thread: Hardest villainous team leader.

Default Hardest villainous team leader.

Yeah,i dont mean anything from PMD,and etc.The main series of pokemon games.
    This has been bugging me,ive always gone crazy over knowing who they thought was hardest,me?Well,ive only ever fought two Xd.
    Ghetsis and lysander.Sorta new to Pokemon i gues,for me lysander wanst hard because of EXP share and,well the fact i just got yvetal before it.Didnt have to switch until the final thing.Sorry if there is another thing like this,im not very good at looking to see if theres something similar or exact.
    Hello,and magneton are awesome...

"Don't call me that name" TwinLukes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit TwinLukes's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Hardest villainous team leader.

Well, Ghetsis was the toughest for me personally, but it's mostly because his team, if you study it close enough, is designed to be a counter to N's pokemon, meaning it's logically comprised of the same types you have if you bothered to factor in type advantages when preparing to fight N. Plus he also has moves that counter his Pokemons' weaknesses too.

Claims: Virizion - 03/08/14, Swords Dance - 03/08/14

Blog Entries

I thought Ghetsis in Black and White was ridiculous, then again I was a naive player who has never played a Pokemon game before. So I guess it was kind of bound for me to find him difficult. Then I looked it up in the guidebook and realized that my whole team was around 20 levels lower than the recommended level for defeating him.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Blog Entries

Lysandre, and it's pretty much just because of his Gyarados.

Otherwise, I'd say Ghetsis.

Ghetsis for me, although I've not finished X yet so Lysandre could steal the crown.
    If we count non main series, the final villain in Colloseum was quite hard too.

Cyrus was always a doozy for me, and so was Lysandre (who caught me off guard in the most magnificent way).

Both of them had a Gyarados that made my life miserable. 8U
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Ghetsis, mostly because he is the last in three consecutive battles and you have no chance to save before him and know, that if you lose you have do that all from beginning.
    I took down Lysandre's Megagyarados with Rollout and I was overleveled without any effort, so...

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Silver06 View Post
    Well, Ghetsis was the toughest for me personally, but it's mostly because his team, if you study it close enough, is designed to be a counter to N's pokemon, meaning it's logically comprised of the same types you have if you bothered to factor in type advantages when preparing to fight N. Plus he also has moves that counter his Pokemons' weaknesses too.
    I didn't know that o.o

Ghetsis in BW definitely was the most difficult. You have three battles straight without saving, and his Hydreigon was a beast, even though it was underleveled.

Ghetsis in B2W2 was also a tough battle - stupid Hydreigon holds a Life Orb and destroys everything ._.

I'd say Colress was a difficult guy as well, but mostly because I battled him without knowing he used held items very efficiently (the AI was pretty challenging even for Normal Mode). I'll never forget his Magneton with Eviolite >.>

Blog Entries

Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

I'm going to echo everyone else and say Ghetsis. That guy... he was just something else. I mean, team leaders are supposed to be difficult; Archie in sapphire gave me some trouble, and Colress was also pretty difficult. But Ghetsis? Man, if the Life Orb his Hydreigon held didn't drain his health slowly, I would have been done for. I felt so helpless when my only strategy became "use revives until his Hydreigon's Life Orb makes him faint." Even after Hydreigon the rest of his team was equally destructive. Eelektross is just an evil, evil Pokemon...

Then comes X and Y, and Lysandre. Maybe it was just me, but I was extremely disappointed with him. Even in the final fight against him, he was a total pushover. Hardly broke a sweat.

"The truth hurts so bad, wouldn't you say? So why tell it? If ignorance is bliss, then I'm in heaven now."