• Marlon

1 1.30%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hardest Unova Gym?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Hardest Unova Gym?

Again, Cheren. I tried a short replay of Black2 without erasing the save file to see how it'll go with Tepig...

...and believe me, I barely managed to win even after Tepig learned Flame Charge. I had a team of five with two mareeps, a patrat, and a purrloin with Tepig and Cheren spammed two or three Work Ups before pwning them straight through. Goodness, even with paralysis...

Cheren is probably one of the unexpectedly difficult leaders because he's the first ... and probably underestimated before challenging. AI can be that strong ;_;

I played Challenge Mode on B2... Used the gift Genesect given to me, plus one Scoliopede, a Zorua and a Dwebble (quite a HM slave, him).

Elesa's team wiped them out so easily! It was horrific to watch.

Her Zebstrika, to my horror, knows Flame Charge, so that eliminates my two golden boys Genesect and Scoliopede (who was my most powerful) in one go. Dwebble's attack is useless and Zorua alone could not face the Joltik after beating the Zebstrika.

Took me like 5 tries and a lot of stat boosts.
    "I'm going to become a top-level Trainer who can't be outclassed with my beautiful and tough Bug Pokemon!"

Lillipup. Work Up. Bite.
    That is all. ( ゚ Д゚)
    Last edited by Mami Tomoe; 10th April 2013 at 12:02 PM.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

In B/W, I thought that most of the Gym Leaders were pretty easy. I did have a bit of a rough time with Lenora due to Retaliate. I think it took me a second try to beat her with my Pignite, but I also didn't have a lot of Pokemon on my team that I was interested in training beyond my starter at that point. I never had much of a problem with Elsea in B/W or B2/W2, but I did have Pokemon that were immune to her Electric attacks on my teams in both games, so that probably helped.

In B2/W2, Drayden was a bit of a challenge, even with my Growlithe in W2 knowing Outrage and having a Piloswine in B2, but everyone else was pretty easy. Cheren wasn't as easy to defeat as other first Gym Leaders are, but it still didn't take me long to defeat him.

I'd say Drayden, 1 Dragon Dance from his Haxourus can really screw you over.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Elesa was a complete headache for me in BW, all three of the Pokemon I had at that point were weak to Electric or Flying and I had to enlist the aid of a Dwebble with Stealth Rock to put an end to their Volt Switch shenanigans.
    On a side note, I'm pretty sure the main reason everyone finds Elesa difficult is that her two Emolga have an advantage over all three starters, making them pretty much useless in that battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    But nothing can ever compare to Elesa and her flying rats. Ugh, that was a nightmare.
    Ground types are your friend. And Trapinch is your best friend in BW2, it's immune to all of her Electric type attacks, can keep her from constantly switching thanks to Arena Trap, and can learn Rock Slide by level up to take out her Emolga.
    In Black, I tried using Drilbur. Notice I said "tried". It had a great Nature but its stats must have blown chunks as Zebstrika kept murdering it. After blowing my fifth Revive, I fell back on my Sawk and Boldore and ended up with a twenty five minute swearfest.

Enter Pokemon White.

Same battle, only I had a Golett. Elesa was done in five minutes. I cut her off at the knees in one fell swoop. Same thing on B2--one Rock Slide from my Japanese DW Golett ended the threat from Emolga. I cracked up laughing when I was done. What a difference adding a little robo-ghost makes.

Kinda the same thing with Marlon--I expected an epic battle when he brought out his Jellicent and BAM! My Golurk KO's it with one Shadow Punch. A bit anti-climactic to me.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Black, I tried using Drilbur. Notice I said "tried". It had a great Nature but its stats must have blown chunks as Zebstrika kept murdering it. After blowing my fifth Revive, I fell back on my Sawk and Boldore and ended up with a twenty five minute swearfest.
    I can kind of see Drillbur not being much help if Zebstrika kept spamming Flame Charge. I used a Sandile and Archen in my run of Black and didn't really have much trouble IIRC.

Kinda the same thing with Marlon--I expected an epic battle when he brought out his Jellicent and BAM! My Golurk KO's it with one Shadow Punch. A bit anti-climactic to me.
    Oh dear Arceus, don't even bring up that joke of a final gym leader. My Serperior blew right through him, no problem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345