2 2.60%
  • Marlon

1 1.30%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hardest Unova Gym?

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Default Re: Hardest Unova Gym?

Drayden in White 2 was a real pain in the rear end. My team couldn't stand up to his dragon danced powerhouses, and I probably had at least 6 goes before I could beat him. I can't think of another leader who's ever given me that much trouble.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

I didn't find any of the original Unova gym leaders a particular threat, but on BW2 I made a horrendous error of judgement with Cheren. I'd listened to all these people online who'd played the Japanese version who said 'oh just get a Riolu and Counter him to death!'

Result? Turns out it doesn't work if your opponent spams a power-up move! My Riolu used counter. Cheren used Work Up. My Riolu used counter. Cheren used Work Up. My Riolu used counter. Cheren used Work Up. I realise that I've been a dummy and use quick attack. I hit Cheren exactly once before he streamrollers my entire team.

It was the first in game battle I'd lost in ten years, since Archie beat me in Sapphire. The first frikkin gym too! It still grinds my gears -_-
    Yato and KarlG like this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Double Trouble. Shayminlover123's Avatar

Burgh and his Leavanny. Out of all the games (B/W and B/W 2) I lost to Brugh a total of 40 times.

Blog Entries

Pumpkin Re: Hardest Unova Gym?

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    I thought Skyla gave the most trouble. Usually, my choices are not ideal against Flying-types (for starters, Snivy is my choice of a starter), which is why I thought that Skyla was a bit troublesome for me.

Thanks for reading.
    Skyla never gave me a problem; I don't remember having much trouble with her in Black but I can't remember who I used. She was even easier in B2 with my Electivire and my No Guard Golurk as a back-up. Honestly, the Golurk pretty much took care of her--since the big guy had his Dream World Ability he could simply stand there and Rock Slide her to death. That was how I dealt with Elesa's Emolga on B2. One Rock Slide from my Golett took it out.

Of course, if a DW Golett isn't an option, there's always the Move Tutor. An Iron Fist Golurk with Ice Punch can be pretty lethal. Just ask poor Drayden on my copy of Black 2.

In Black, Elesa gave me fits. I had no good counter to her--my Drilbur kept fainting due to its crappy IVs--and although my Boldore could hurt those stupid flying rats, they kept switching off. I was frustrated to the point of pitching my DS at a wall. It was almost the same with Clay; one Hone Claws and he ripped my Black team apart. I only managed to beat him when the Excadrill decided to use Hone Claws for a second time. If he hadn't I would have been completely hosed.

My run-through on White and on Black 2? Completely different story. I grabbed a Golett early on in both games and started EV training the little bugger. Elesa could only watch in horror as her stupid rats couldn't hurt him but he could decimate them. It was the same with Clay as well; Hone Claws didn't help that Excadrill one blasted bit against my sweet Golett's tiny but mighty little fists of fury. Both battles took me under ten minutes, which was a massive change from the nearly thirty minute swearfests that I had dealt with on Black. I get it, GF. This is why you made me wait to get my Riser on Black: GOLETT MAKES THE GAME TOO EASY!
    Berrenta likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Drayden in White 2 was a real pain in the rear end. My team couldn't stand up to his dragon danced powerhouses, and I probably had at least 6 goes before I could beat him. I can't think of another leader who's ever given me that much trouble.
    Drayden was certainly a pain in the sequels. I had to keep switching my team because his Haxorus was causing way too much damage, and I didn't have any Ice-type moves...

Blog Entries

I had the most trouble with Clay. Lucario and Growlithe always got OHKOd. Even my Dewott couldn't touch that Excadrill. After an embarrassing number of tries, I finally beat him.

Elesa was actually one of the easiest, in both games. My Blitzle's Lightningrod and my Trapinch's ground typing completely nullified the effectiveness of Volt Switch.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

I don't remember them very well, because I lost my copy of Pokemon White. However, from what I remember I found the Electric type gym the hardest. I forget the leader's name...

Follow FuzzelDaFurret On Twitter
    Visit FuzzelDaFurret's Youtube Channel

They are all fairly easy if you have trained your pokemon up before fighting them.

My Shinx knows Outrage :P CraZy ShinX's Avatar
    Add CraZy ShinX on Facebook
    Visit CraZy ShinX's Youtube Channel

drayden.....omg he was hard
    Claimed the Expert Belt as of 1/8/13!

Blog Entries

Cheren was so freakin' hard! His Lillipup murdered my team. It took me three times to beat him.

Lenora. That. Freaking. Retaliate.
    I didn't have a well structured team. I was taken so many times. That's the reason why I'll never do a BW nuzlocke.

Scholar of Arcane Arts ShoggothJr's Avatar

Lenora. Seriously I don't know how but she kepy beating me up to 5 times. After that the rest was easy, beat Elesa with a krokorok and clay took 3 turns with simisage

Visit Shadowmilll's Youtube Channel

Lenora in Black and White 1 was probably harder than Whitney was in Crystal for me. She was really difficult and overleveled.... or maybe I was underleveled lol

C-3

Roxie

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I always struggled with Elesa. Less so in Black 2 than Black, but she was still annoying. I think she was more difficult with two Emolga. Lenora's a close second.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast