Hardest Gym Leader? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Hardest regions for gyms?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

11 12.79%
  • Johto

32 37.21%
  • Hoenn

28 32.56%
  • Sinnoh

10 11.63%
  • Unova

5 5.81%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hardest Gym Leader?

PKMN Master (in training) trainer_ebony's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardest Gym Leader?

WHITNEYS MILTANK! TT^TT Y U KILL MY POKEMONS?
    Pokemon Black- 3439-6961-3323
    Pokemon Black2-4342-0303-5375

Blog Entries

Never had any problem with Whitney.

Anyway, I'd say Juan. That double teaming Kingdra and Wiscash was a pain, mainly because I had no Grass moves. Hoenn easily did have the hardest leaders.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Great.Thanks.

Take a hint, take a hint~ PikaPrincessMei's Avatar

Kanto:...Can't say any of them ever gave me too much trouble expect for Sabrina.
    Johto:Jasmine.
    Hoenn: OH MY GOD WINONA AND HER ALTARIA.
    Sinnoh: OH MY GOD FANTINA AND HER MISMAGIUS.
    Unova: OH MY GOD ELESA AND HER EMOLGA.
    (...Noticing a pattern with the last few regions I mentioned? 8D)

Hoenn kick my ass a little. For some reason Brawly was a challenge even though I had type advantage with Ralts. Norman was tough with his Slaking. Tate and Liz destroyed me since Claydol knew earthquake. I had to overtrain in order to beat Tate and Liz. I haven't really had trouble with any other gym though. I've played through Gen I and Gen III. I'm going through Gen IV right now.

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

The johto gyms were the most difficult for me, Whitney and her Miltank and Clair and her Kingdra gave me the most trouble.

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kanto- Brock was a problem (cause i like charmander) till i realized I could use butterfree who learned absorb (i think) then Surge and his Raichu then Sabrina and Alakazam then Giovanni.

Johto- Whitney and her Milktank, Morty and his Gengar, Chuck and Poliwrath, (that one took some training) then Claire and Kingdra.

Hoenn- The only one who gave me a real hard time that I can remember is Norman with Slacking and the fighting gym, and the twins gym.

Sinnoh-No one gave me much trouble here but Fantima and her Mismagius sure gave me hell and gave me new-founded respect for the pokemon.

Unova- Even with the guide I still found hardships like Elesa and her Zebrstrika and Emolga and Drayden with his Haxsorus (sp?) with dragon tail was annoying.

I accidentally clicked Unova, but I meant to click on Sinnoh. I can't even tell you why, it's just I struggle in the Sinnoh gyms every time. I think it might be because of my Pokemon preference. But Maylene seriously kills me every time! No one else seems to have the same problem though...
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

I never have played Johto yet, but otherwise I say Candice. Since whole my team was quite weak to ice, it was really hard.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Johto pretty much wins because of Whitney.

Kanto: I think Misty was the hardest because I chose Charmander and my Charmeleon had nothing on Starmie and its Water Pulse.

Johto: Has to be Whitney because of Miltanks ability to tank whatever hits I threw at it and use ATTRACT and BODY SLAM and my entire team would die. Plus it had Lum Berry and Milk Drink.

Hoenn: Three-way tie between Brawly, Flannery, and Tate and Liza. Brawly's Makuhita was insanely powerful, but if you had a Sableye you could destroy him easily. Flannery's Torkoal could use Attract (I hate Attract) and sun-boosted Overheat with a White Herb and White Smoke so you couldn't get rid of White Herb with your own status move. However, if you use Marshtomp it's much easier. You just have to hope Body Slam doesn't paralyze you. Tate and Liza's freakin' combos with Earthquake and Psychic were annoying to the point of Death. However, if you get rid of her Claydol and Xatu by using Surf and Crunch, then quickly take out Solrock, their Lunatone can do nothing against Dark Types. However considering you had to do that much to get to that position they are still very hard.

Sinnoh: Never had too much trouble with any of these - except for Fantina in Platinum. Her Mismagius can confuse your pokemon and hit with high powered Special attacks that were very annoying. It wasn't too bad; a Staravia can defeat it pretty easily if you outspeed Mismagius (I know it almost never happens so you have to do extra training).

Unova... um... not too many hard Gym Leaders... Lenora's Herdier with Take Down was pretty strong, but with fighting types it was a piece of cake. Burgh's Leavanny was a bit too fast for me, so it was a little bit of trouble, but I just used Darumaka. And Drayden? Your Haxorus stinks. Don't use Dragon Tail after getting speed boosts, it doesn't make sense.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

None of the regions were particularly hard for me, but I voted Hoenn because it has the gym leader I found to be the toughest of all. xP

Kanto: Sabrina, no question. I always have trouble against Psychic types for some reason, even when I have super-effective moves.

Johto: Clair, definitely. That Kingdra, geezus.

Hoenn: Norman. He's the one that gave me more trouble than any other gym leader so far. His stinking Vigoroth and Slaking! Ugh! (I did find it odd, though, that Juan's Kingdra gave me little trouble at all when Clair's frustrated the hell out of me in Johto)

Sinnoh: Hm... I'd say Maylene, since her Lucario can be pretty frustrating.

Unova: Lenora and her annoying Watchog. Elesa gave me little trouble. Her Emolga never did use Volt Switch against me though.

Blog Entries

Hoenn for sure.

In terms of difficulty of Gym Battles:

1.) Hoenn
    2.) Kanto
    3.) Johto
    4.) Sinnoh
    5.) Unova

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Verona View Post
    I accidentally clicked Unova, but I meant to click on Sinnoh. I can't even tell you why, it's just I struggle in the Sinnoh gyms every time. I think it might be because of my Pokemon preference. But Maylene seriously kills me every time! No one else seems to have the same problem though...
    I had trouble with Maylene too. I had an overtrained Alakazam and it 1HKO'd everything except for Lucario. Lucario killed me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I got stuck in the game just because of that. For months. One time I got lucky and I beat her, though, that's how I made it through. lol But now I don't have trouble with her anymore.

As for the hardest gym leaders, yeah, I'd say Johto was one of the hardest. Ever. Falkner kept using Roost. Bugsy would keep trolling me with U-turn. Jasmine with her Magnemites and Steelix. Chuck with his Poliwrath that knows Hypnosis. Whitney and her infamous Miltank. Pryce was a nightmare, even if you chose Cyndaquil, his ice types were part ground or water so you would still have a hard time. Clair with her Kingdra and Dragonairs. And Morty with his Gengar, and Shadow ball.
    Last edited by Vanillish Twilight; 5th October 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hoenn has the hardest Gym leaders IMO. I had to fight many of them several times in my Emerald playthrough, So far I've had to battle Wattson, Flannery, Norman, and Winona several times because they were so difficult to beat, I find I have to level up more so than other regions. Im expecting some trouble with Juan when I get to battle him.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast