Hardest Battle? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hardest Battle?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardest Battle?

Pike Queen Lucy in Emerald. It was down to my Milotic vs her Milotic, and they had the same moves except that hers had Mirror Coat where mine had Hydro Pump. Therefore, I was going to lose due to running out of PP first. Fortunately my Milotic was frozen by Ice Beam several times, and I made some damn good guesses about when she was going to use Mirror Coat and used it to switch between my Milotic and Armaldo (who was low on HP and eventually died from a stray attack). It was a great moment when hers finally used Struggle first!

Mega Stones and Crackers TheRealJDawgz's Avatar

It's probably Mysterial for me on PBR. Basically if you have no way to hit or survive a Water Spout from a Kyogre you're basically done (not to mention you need to go through that stupid TR team before him)

Not only is his Kyogre a pain, but he has an OP Mewtwo, fast and bulky Lugia, powerful Latios, bulky Manaphy, and an annoying Palkia. I have only beaten him once to this day, because I used a Kingdra to take advantage of Swift Swim and a Tyranitar to get rid of the rain when I needed to. The only reason I really won was because my Espeon could survive Water Spout with a Focus Sash and cripple Kyogre with a Grass Knot. I don't know if I got any hax for the win, but it ended up with my Tyranitar squaring off with Palkia and Crunching for the win. It's a bit of a foggy memory but my drive to return to PBR is gone now that I finally beat that magical Ubers user.

Also, I feel that playing on Set and not overlevelling is the only way I can play now, because it gives me a sense of challenge and accomplishment. I whited out on Bugsy and Silver on my latest run on HeartGold. It was a bit annoying but it made the victories that much more satisfying.
    Team Gaara and The Hoopster like this.
    3DS FC: 1590-4826-6540

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Psychic elite four on white two on challenge mode, she's so hard. To beat her I had to give all my guys berries that cure sleep. She's the only one I struggled against, think I only lost one guy against the other four combined. Including Iris.

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

Red In HG. Oh Red in HG.
    Team Gaara likes this.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

Legendary Super Saiyan broly146's Avatar

I'd say Red in HG/SS. Very difficult especially with the hail (very annoying)
    Markos likes this.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

that one girl in r/s/(e?) with the milotic is the trainer i've had the most difficulty with in any game, bar none. if your pokemon are underleveled and don't carry a super-effective move against her, you'll probably lose at least one pokemon

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Cynthia in Platinum gave me a really difficult time. For a long time I did this dumb thing where instead of letting myself black out and reaping the experience points, I had saved before beating the Elite 4 and I looked at it as my only option was to beat her. I can't remember what my team was because it was a few years ago, but I do remember that my team wasn't very good, either. But I remember sitting at work trying to beat her for the umpteenth time, and I was up against her last Pokemon (I THINK it was Togekiss) and felt like I was going to lose again so I went to switch my DS off, but it derped and wouldn't turn off so I tried to keep going and ended up winning. Took forever.

Some other battles I remember being difficult were the final battle with Colress & the rematch, Claire in SoulSilver, Red in SoulSilver, and Cynthia in BW. I think I had a hard time with N and Ghetsis the first time I played Black, but had an easier time in White.

Battle Colliseeum battles seems to be pretty difficult. Depending on what Pokemon I brought with me, I either fly through them or struggle making it beyond the first few rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by broly146 View Post
    And Blizzard, too. Turning off the hail is a lifesaver.

While it wasn't necessarily the hardest battle ever, my champion battle in Emerald was pretty intense, mainly because I was nearly out of recovery items and only had 3 usable Pokemon left on my team to challenge the Champ with (a fourth was just an Exp.Share trainee of a Swellow). Absol was lucky enough to dodge two Blizzards from Wailord, long enough to get off two Swords Dances and then outright sweep 3 of the champ's six Pokemon with physical moves. Sceptile and Manectric mopped up the rest, though I did have a moment of pause when the champ sent out his last Pokemon and it was Gyarados because I seriously didn't expect to know who would be faster and bet that that Gyarados would know Earthquake (apparently, it didn't, not that it mattered because Manectric was faster anyway and OHKO).
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

Cynthia in Pearl. Her Garchomp OHKO'd my Palkia with a Dragon Rush and my Palkia was level 66, i thought i was pretty much screwed and had to do some strategic switches to defeat it.
    The Hoopster likes this.

Claimer of Garchomp

Legendary Super Saiyan broly146's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broly146 View Post

While it wasn't necessarily the hardest battle ever, my champion battle in Emerald was pretty intense, mainly because I was nearly out of recovery items and only had 3 usable Pokemon left on my team to challenge the Champ with (a fourth was just an Exp.Share trainee of a Swellow). Absol was lucky enough to dodge two Blizzards from Wailord, long enough to get off two Swords Dances and then outright sweep 3 of the champ's six Pokemon with physical moves. Sceptile and Manectric mopped up the rest, though I did have a moment of pause when the champ sent out his last Pokemon and it was Gyarados because I seriously didn't expect to know who would be faster and bet that that Gyarados would know Earthquake (apparently, it didn't, not that it mattered because Manectric was faster anyway and OHKO).
    Wow sounds like you barely won that (got very lucky). The hail kept hurting my pokemon so in addition to taking damage from his team I was struggling.

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Wow I'm dumb. Never thought of that. Took STAB Blizzards forever from Lapras.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

And remember that Blizzard never misses during hail.

I don't remember all the details of my battle vs. Red, Typhlosion and Luxray were my top two, followed by Lucario, and Noctowl (and whomever else I packed along for the battle). Luxray didn't have a problem with his Water type (Blastoise, I think) and Noctowl took out his Venusaur despite being lower levelled, but didn't last much longer so I had him do a Sunny Day to set the field for Typhlosion to do some Eruptions with. (Which did about 70% damage to ... I think it was Lapras?) Lucario ultimately finished the job (Red saved his Snorlax for last, but there was no stopping Lucario by this point).

As for my Emerald battle, it's too bad my Shedinja was down (yes, I packed a Shedinja into the E4 despite the first two being Dark and Ghost and the third constantly causing Hail) because apparently it would have been totally immune to 4 of the Champ's 6 Pokemon. I still used Shedinja a lot when trying to capture the Weather Trio (with Protect in tow, not even the Lv.70 Rayquaza could land any hits on it).
    Last edited by Stratelier; 3rd September 2013 at 10:08 PM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Um, back in Emerald I had mixed records with my friends. That was when I discovered that when you mix records, you receive your friends secret base. I talked to him without knowing that it makes you battle them. He had 3 hacked lv 100 Pokemon, including a Mewtwo. I only had my Swampert which was lv 40, two other random Pokemon and an egg lol :"D

I lost, ofcourse.

In game, it has to be Steven, Emerald only. I think that game was the only Pokemon game to really test my strengths as a trainer. = P

Smile~

So far, Pokémon Ranger Katelyn at Sevault Canyon. Her Chansey was so annoyingly hard! I fought it with my tired Moltres. It kept using minimize, defense curl and softboiled so much that most of moltres' abilities went 0 PP, except for fire spin, which inflicted no damage at all.
    Several minutes later, I finished the bastard.

Yeah, evasion techniques are seriously annoying if you don't have a Pokemon knowing Foresight/Haze or an always-hits move like Swift.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast