Hardest Battle? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hardest Battle?

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Default Re: Hardest Battle?

I would say the first play-through in Pokemon Red's Pokemon League. Of course now it seems easy, but back then it was the first experience of a Pokemon League challenge. Because of this I wasn't prepared with enough support items and my Pokemon were slightly under leveled.

Blog Entries

I just finished a play through of Diamond, and I didn't realize how high-leveled the Elite 4 were until I got there. I was able to beat them after 3 tries, but they put a good fight.

Not the exactly the hardest, but certainly the hardest one I've had in a while.
    Koukoubean likes this.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

Cynthia in Pokemon Platinum was among the most difficult of in-game trainers I can recall. I conceded defeat 2 or 3 times against her. I even had to resort to prediction tactics and even attempt to employ a strategy. I did however, handicap myself with the inability to use Full Restores and Revives. My team consisted of Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Vaporeon, Houndoom, and Giratina. Their levels were 57-61. The natures were for the mostly beneficial and they had a good dose of Effort Values in through vitamins. (Giratina had an Adamant nature, 31 IVs in Attack, and at least 100 EVs in Attack for example.)

Wallace in Emerald version. My Emerald team was not the best, and my only thing strong against water types was my Breloom (I also had a Swampert, Sharpedo, Torkoal, Swellow, and Aggron). I managed to finally take down Milotic after constantly needing to revive my Breloom, but I still had to take down his Gyrados. His Gyrados was able to take out my Breloom in 1 Hyper Beam, and all I had left was my Aggron. Luckily, I had just taught my Aggron Shock Wave before the league, and she was able to take down the Gyrados in 1 hit while it was recharging from that Hyper Beam. I have never had a battle come that close before.

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

Cynthia in Pokémon Diamond was one of the hardest battles I faced. Even though I had level-grinded my Pokémon team, which was composed of Empoleon, Luxray, Floatzel, Noctowl, Carnivine and Weavile, into the low 60s, the Elite Four still put up a good fight, which caused me to have a hard time against the Champion herself. I defeated her after a couple of tries, but I will never forget the satisfaction I had when I finally did. Surprisingly, I did not have as hard of a time in Platinum. Even though I had almost the same team, only switching Carnivine for Roserade, I was well-prepared then, which helped a lot.

Misty(Starmie is too strong for a second gym)
    Sabrina(Psychic is just plain tough even after it got fixed)
    Whitney(That dang Miltank, especially the hacked one in the remakes)
    Clair(Kingdra shows how powerful the Water/Dragon combo can be)
    Lance(Can never use a pokemon that isn't hacked and relies too much on Dragonite. Did he really need 3 of them?)
    Norman(They make sure normal gym leaders aren't an easy badge)
    Lisa and Tate(I was stuck in that city for a month because of their extremely effective strategy and I already sucked at double battles to begin with)
    Wallace(Water is a very underestimated type and his Ludicolo kept screwing me over with Leech Seed and Double Team then his Milotic was nearly impossible to KO).
    Cyrus(He could counter just about my whole team).
    Cynthia(People complain about her Garchomp. It was her Milotic with Mirror Coat that always got me).
    Lenora(Had to actually train a Sawk to beat her so I could finally move on with the story).
    Drayden(Dragons are always hard to beat)
    Ghetsis(His Eeletross and Hydreigon countered my whole team. I had to use every bit of skill I had to win).
    Iris(Again, dragons, but the fact that I had to fight another hacked Hydreigon pissed me off. GameFreak should have just let it evolve at level in the 40s if they're just going to keep feeling the need to do this).

That fact that I can actually remember these battles from the top of my head shows just how freaking hard they were.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

A tie for Red in GSC and Colress in the main game.

Red, because I only raised my starter (Typhlosion), and while it was near level 100, Red was still a tough opponent.

As for Colress, I did beat him on the first try, but he had me baffled a few times with the effect of the held items he gave to his pokemons...like Eviolite...

The battle that springs to my mind was with Clay. The rest of his pokemon aren't bad but that excadrill of his swept my team including my poor deerling. I had to level grind an excadrill of my own and get it to a higher level than him to take it out. I'm just glad he never put up a sandstorm that would have been so much worse. E4 of any generation and even Red from GS/HGSS does not come close. At least for them I had a full team of good pokemon and good moves to take them on.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ghetsis in White or Lance in Soulsilver.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

The spirit of all absols The absolis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The absolis on Tumblr

The hardest battle I have ever faced was against Marlon. I was using a lucario as my lead Pokemon and a blaziken, Dewott, boldore, patrat, and an egg as my other Pokemon.
    It was difficult only because of that one water-ghost Pokemon that I can't remember the name of and the fact that my good Pokemon only knew fighting, fire, water, and normal moves and my boldore and patrat were low levels and therefore wiped out immediately. I won the battle but only because of revives and hyper potions. And no I did not think before I challenged the gym.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

In one of my runs on HGSS, I challenged myself to use 4 pre-determined Pokemon on a team. I must have picked the 4 most dragon-weak Pokemon ever because Lance kept obliterating my Pokemon. My team was about levels 49-53. I also could not use a Revive once the Pokemon fainted in battle. I just... kept dying and dying, haha. I changed up my strategy each time, even used a rare candy to try to give one member an edge. Ultimately, I relied on hax and prediction to win. I used two Sword Dances and Sucker Punch / Night Slash with my Absol. I only won because one of his Dragonite's Dragon Rush missed.

Other gym battles can be difficult, but I can usually leave and go train a few more levels. When I'm stuck in an elite 4 room, it's kinda hard to go train some more and I barely made it alive to the last room anyways, so meh.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

Cynthia in my Diamond version. My only good Pokemon was Chim Chim (my Infernape) and it took about 100 something tries to finally beat her. imo, Red was easy. I beat him with Infernape and a freshly caught Mewtwo that I taught Thunderbolt to defeat the water types for Chim Chim.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Cynthia in Diamond, I could not get past her with Infernape which was the only pokemon I had trained, and this was also my first ever pokemon game I played so I didn't know about weakness's and things like that. In the end my friend and his lvl 100 empoleon got me through.

Blog Entries

My hardest battle was against my friends brother, Zack on white. He had a Darkrai with the moves:Dark Void, Dream Eater, Nightmare and Dark Pulse. His strategy is using Dark Void And because of Bad Dreams my Pokemon took damage every turn then on the next turn it's either Nightmare or Dream Eater and the other one on the next. If my Pokemon is still standing he quickly uses Dark Pulse to defeat it instantly. The problem is Darkrai is super speed. But I realized I could use that to my advantage by using the F.E.A.R. tactic with my Raticate.

Mine was against the Tower Tycoon Palmer... He beat me just BARELY in the first battle, and I finally beat him just BARELY in the second one. I forget if it was Diamond or SoulSilver, but in one of those two I must have a recording of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast