Hacked Gamestop Celebi Distribution Over Wi-Fi - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacked Gamestop Celebi Distribution Over Wi-Fi

Default Re: Hacked Gamestop Celebi Distribution Over Wi-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bttsstewart View Post
    Okay, I've got to get a mod to close my trade thread here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=99715

I'm releasing the rest of them. I wasn't aware of the TRUE nature of this giveaway until I saw this thread. I've PM'd all the trade partners I traded them too explaining and asking if they wanna trade back.

Are you sure?? All the Celebi I got through that giveaway have different stats.
    Didn't mean to pin that on you, but thanks for closing the thread down and everything. I would like to find out the mechanics behind the giveaway, since this appears to be different than websites which host event Pokemon .pkm files for download (e.g. the Lax 10Aniv Celebi that tons of people have).
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    Didn't mean to pin that on you, but thanks for closing the thread down and everything. I would like to find out the mechanics behind the giveaway, since this appears to be different than websites which host event Pokemon .pkm files for download (e.g. the Lax 10Aniv Celebi that tons of people have).
    Whenever GCPM11 was asked how he did it, he just said it was "too complicated". I think roughly translated this means: "If I tell you, you'd know it was a hack!"

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

I found it entertaining that someone traced his IP address to Cumming, Georgia. We could go to his house and ask him if his Celebis are legit??? xD

Still reading comments and I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Utube User
    So I just realized something with this method. It's impossible for you to get a modest/timid Celebi because each Celebi you get is like a clone of a few select Celebis he got with the exact same IVs and natures, natures being: sassy, quirky, quiet, adamant, hardy (has the best IVs in this case), impish, bashful, gentle, naive, and that's it.... so if you want to get a certain nature using this method, you can only get these specific natures.
    I have seen other people do giveaways using this kind of software where it picks a random .pkm file out of a list.

When the dust settles it would be helpful to have a list of the dates / natures / IVs of all the Celebi that are from this giveaway.
    Last edited by Troggy; 28th February 2011 at 12:48 PM.

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

I can give you the stats on the Naive Celebi. I haven't released it yet.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying.

追放されたバカ

Um how is it hacked? What's hacked about it?

Just because it is given out over wifi, does not necesarily mean it is hacked, it could be, and most likely is, the exact and I mean EXACT same one that was given out beforehand, but people label it as hacked just because it isn't Nintendo handing them out but someone else.

Blog Entries

Follow Haxie-kun on Tumblr

Finally!!! Someone who sees it my way! + 100000 respect points to zoura's illusion!

I agree totally with you! And he says in the video that he's doing it for his subscribers and for those who missed the event!
    http://fav.me/d4nfczm (my DV art)http://zombie-haxie-chantumblr.com/ follow me!~Feel free to chat with me~

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua's Illusion View Post

Just because it is given out over wifi, does not necesarily mean it is hacked, it could be, and most likely is, the exact and I mean EXACT same one that was given out beforehand, but people label it as hacked just because it isn't Nintendo handing them out but someone else.
    It's "hacked" as in, the method of obtaining it is illegitimate.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    It's "hacked" as in, the method of obtaining it is illegitimate.
    Well that's misleading then. It's probably not been altered or hacked at all. No doubt it is the exact same thing, and you could take it to the people in charge, the actual people who write the event and ask if it is real or not, and looking at the data they would have to say yes.

Obtained outside of Nintendo Event =/= Hack imo

Blog Entries

Hacked in that the Celebi doesn't come from official distribution cartridges, as far as I know, that method of distributing GTS Pokémon over wifi involves actually having to manufacture the Pokémon yourself.

In any case if "EXACT same" is your criteria for "not hacked" then I don't see why people have problems with Pokesav.

I have an actual GAMESTP Celebi from the leaked distribution cards. That doesn't make that Celebi legitimate as the distribution cartridge was essentially an unofficial ROM despite being the EXACT Celebi that they would have given out had the events not been leaked.

Well that's misleading then. It's probably not been altered or hacked at all. No doubt it is the exact same thing, and you could take it to the people in charge, the actual people who write the event and ask if it is real or not, and looking at the data they would have to say yes.

Obtained outside of Nintendo Event =/= Hack imo
    If he is repeatedly sending the same x Celebis at random through this server, then yes, there is a chance he or someone else obtained those x Celebi at the Gamestop or IRL event.

I wouldn't have realized he could be using this method if it wasn't brought up by a user in the comments on his Youtube video. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully when I said 'hacks' in an earlier post, as at the current time that claim is neither confirmed nor denied.

I only warn people because some collectors want a Pokemon they can be more confident in. Sure, most people here are as untrustworthy as some Youtube user doing a DNS giveaway, but at this point it's just about being up front with people when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    as far as I know, that method of distributing GTS Pokémon over wifi involves actually having to manufacture the Pokémon yourself.
    Nah, this isn't the case. I would rather not encourage this kind of thing but if you want the explanation I can PM you.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Hacked in that the Celebi doesn't come from official distribution cartridges, as far as I know, that method of distributing GTS Pokémon over wifi involves actually having to manufacture the Pokémon yourself.
    I don't think so, the same Celebi is available on Project Pokemon. I can't go into detail as I think it's banned on here but in general what they do, is they copy the Wondercard, that you get from the distribution machine which has the data on it, telling your game to put xxx pokemon for you to collect at the Mart, then just give that out to other players.

In any case if "EXACT same" is your criteria for "not hacked" then I don't see why people have problems with Pokesav.
    I don't see the problem with it either, it's only a problem when people start to edit.

I have an actual GAMESTP Celebi from the leaked distribution cards. That doesn't make that Celebi legitimate as the distribution cartridge was essentially an unofficial ROM despite being the EXACT Celebi that they would have given out had the events not been leaked.
    To me that Celebi is legit though, it's the same thing, just because it got leaked doesn't somehow mean its not legit. When they leak photos from CoroCoro, that doesn't make the pics somehow wrong.

I really doubt this guy has tampered with it, in all likeliness he has just obtained the file Nintendo use, and is doing the distribution work for them. Just as GameStp or whatever, are given a card with data on, that they then distribute, he has technically the same thing. He's not entitled to hand them out I guess, but that doesn't make them hacked.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I really doubt this guy has tampered with it, in all likeliness he has just obtained the file Nintendo use, and is doing the distribution work for them. Just as GameStp or whatever, are given a card with data on, that they then distribute, he has technically the same thing. He's not entitled to hand them out I guess, but that doesn't make them hacked.
    Kodome ne...

I'm not going to bother typing out his full youtube name, so I'll call him Carlo. Well, Carlo has no connections with Nintendo or anyone similar, he's just using that website that allows you to mess with your Wi-Fi settings to get something from the GTS. In terms of game data, yeah, they'll be classed as legitimate, but when it comes to real life, they were obtained by a method not authorised by Nintendo; therefore; they are illegitimate. You really think Nintendo would support a youtuber who has had his account suspended about a gajillion times?

Blog Entries
    Follow Gwingle On Twitter
    Follow Gwingle on Tumblr Visit Gwingle's Youtube Channel

*goes to YouTube*
    *Goes to giancarloparimango11's channel*
    *Clicks Unsubscribe*
    I subscribed to see what other things like this he does. Looks like the next "event" will be 12th Movie Arceus.

EDIT: Picking up a couple for the noobs at my school.

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Question Re: Hacked Gamestop Celebi Distribution Over Wi-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Kodome ne...

I'm not going to bother typing out his full youtube name, so I'll call him Carlo. Well, Carlo has no connections with Nintendo or anyone similar, he's just using that website that allows you to mess with your Wi-Fi settings to get something from the GTS. In terms of game data, yeah, they'll be classed as legitimate, but when it comes to real life, they were obtained by a method not authorised by Nintendo; therefore; they are illegitimate. You really think Nintendo would support a youtuber who has had his account suspended about a gajillion times?
    I have to agree completely with Joshawott, In the case of data it is legitimate, but by how people obtain it is illegitimate. As a recap from the quote, knowing Nintendo, I think it's safe to assume that they would never actually support a guy with a reputation like his.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post

I've yet to hear of a single person to actually have their game damaged or suffer any other ill effects from downloading a Pokemon via this method, however.
    It's a myth going around since the racist gengar event, where Nintendo said it would freeze games to try to stop the spread of it.

Are you sure?? All the Celebi I got through that giveaway have different stats.
    That's because the game generates the Pokemon from the wonder card. Once you clone it and trade it like the infamous GCPM11 is doing, it's not legit anymore.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast