Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion - Page 31

View Poll Results: Iris is fit to be the champion?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally! She's earned it!

    64 54.24%
  • Nah, she's still too childish.

    31 26.27%
  • Meh... I'll still sweep.

    23 19.49%
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 571

Thread: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

  1. #451
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    566

    Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Lol.

    Seems like people are letting anime Iris influence their opinion on game Iris a little bit too much.

  2. #452
    Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Scaring the crap out of a frog
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Iris's Team

    Looking at their movesets and not just at the Pokemon themselves, I'd say we are in for one hell of a tough time...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

    If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.


    Hypnodance FTW!

  3. #453
    Cranky Curmudgeon Signas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Nah. It's just because I just dislike children. And I think there were others more deserving. inb4 you're wrong

    Still the Unova Champion in my book.

  4. #454
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Nah. It's just because I just dislike children. And I think there were others more deserving. inb4 you're wrong
    Says the guy who wanted Alder's grandson (who is also a kid) as Champion. And how exactly do you determine if someone is "more deserving" or "less deserving" anyway?

  5. #455
    Cranky Curmudgeon Signas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura_Sphere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Nah. It's just because I just dislike children. And I think there were others more deserving. inb4 you're wrong
    Says the guy who wanted Alder's grandson (who is also a kid) as Champion. And how exactly do you determine if someone is "more deserving" or "less deserving" anyway?
    I wanted Banjirou because it's feasible he was trained by someone of Champion caliber already, which would put him quite above many others. And yeah, I know Drayden is still a very competent trainer, but he's just a gym leader. And by 'deserving' I mean someone like Cheren or Marshal. Cheren because a big part of his development in the previous game was his desire to become powerful and finding a way to go about it. Plus, it would be nice to see him achieve his dream instead of becoming the most pathetic leader since Falkner. Marshal for the same reasons as Banjirou. If he was already good enough to become an Elite 4 member without being trained by a current Champion, that it telling of his skill. Honestly, I really wanted Marshal the most, as it would be a good way to show how far the Fighting type has come.

    Still the Unova Champion in my book.

  6. #456
    Allons-y! PKMN Trainer Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Cheren becoming the Champion would reverse his character development, dude. D8 He learned that there are more important things than just being the strongest. Seriously, were there this many complaints about Caitlin being an Elite 4 Member when it was first revealed? THAT is way more BS than Iris being the Champion. Iris is the last Gym Leader in White version, at the very least. She more than deserves her champion rank.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

  7. #457
    Cranky Curmudgeon Signas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    People were more surprised with Caitlin being an Elite 4 member than anything else, since it came right outta nowhere. And really, this is all just my opinion. I don't expect it to change anyone's mind, I'm just throwing it out there, as this is a board for discussion. And I find it ironic that many still resent Wallace for replacing Steven, given how it was a very similar situation. And yeah, I know Cheren learned there was more to life than power. But it's still no reason to not try and do your best, instead of becoming a punching bag for new trainers.

    Look. I don't hate Iris. I think they could have done far worse with a Champion choice (N comes to mind). I'm just disappointed by the direction the developers took here. It's not like it'll ruin the game for me or nothing.

    Still the Unova Champion in my book.

  8. #458
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    And yeah, I know Cheren learned there was more to life than power. But it's still no reason to not try and do your best, instead of becoming a punching bag for new trainers.
    Um, no. Becoming a teacher=/=Becoming a punching bag. Oh and it's not like as if he doesn't have any stronger Pokemon to test trainers with stronger Pokemon.

  9. #459
    KYUREM FORMS ERRYWHERE rubinek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Iris's Team

    Hmm, I wonder how does it fare on challange mode. The normal one was an easy 6-0 for my Liligant.

    I did like that she had Haxorus with Focus Sash though.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

    Black 2

  10. #460
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Iris's Team

    Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how does it fare on challange mode. The normal one was an easy 6-0 for my Liligant.

    I did like that she had Haxorus with Focus Sash though.
    I'm confused are you saying you beat all her Pokemon with a Liligant?????

  11. #461
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Cheren becoming the Champion would reverse his character development, dude. D8 He learned that there are more important things than just being the strongest. Seriously, were there this many complaints about Caitlin being an Elite 4 Member when it was first revealed? THAT is way more BS than Iris being the Champion. Iris is the last Gym Leader in White version, at the very least. She more than deserves her champion rank.
    There was complaining when Caitlin was an Elite Four member?

  12. #462
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

    Cheren is the weakest gym leader in the history of Pokemon. Falkner had Pidgeotto and the Straiton trio had an elemental monkey stronger than your starter etc, the best thing Cheren has is a Lilipup. It's so unfair on him, sure he learnt power is not everything, but downgrading him to such a weak spot is ridiculous, at least Lenora had a Watchog and a Herdier, Cheren has the weaker form of both of these. I know he's the first gym, but he could at least have a Herdier or something and have it underleveled much like Falkner's Pidgeotto in Johto

  13. #463
    Fossil Expert Sir Turtlelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cinnabar Island
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Iris's Team

    Personally, I love her new team. Initially, I wasn't quite sure what to think, since her non-dragon types didn't seem too much dragons. (Unlike's Lance's Aerodactyl, Gyarados, and Charizard who were all obviously dragons or looked similar to dragons.) I agree with the notion that much of her team shares a dinosaur theme, and I think that the mix of types should prove to be an interesting battle.

  14. #464
    Cranky Curmudgeon Signas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Iris's Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how does it fare on challange mode. The normal one was an easy 6-0 for my Liligant.

    I did like that she had Haxorus with Focus Sash though.
    I'm confused are you saying you beat all her Pokemon with a Liligant?????
    Not too far fetched. I've swept Red and Cynthia with a Starmie.

    Still the Unova Champion in my book.

  15. #465
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Iris's Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how does it fare on challange mode. The normal one was an easy 6-0 for my Liligant.

    I did like that she had Haxorus with Focus Sash though.
    I'm confused are you saying you beat all her Pokemon with a Liligant?????
    Not too far fetched. I've swept Red and Cynthia with a Starmie.
    But Starmie is awesome, I too have swept many a battle with a Starmie. But Liligant? Either it was extremely over leveled, or I have been grossly under estimating it lol.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •