Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion - Page 31

View Poll Results: Iris is fit to be the champion?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally! She's earned it!

64 54.24%
  • Nah, she's still too childish.

31 26.27%
  • Meh... I'll still sweep.

23 19.49%
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Lol.

Seems like people are letting anime Iris influence their opinion on game Iris a little bit too much.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Iris's Team

Looking at their movesets and not just at the Pokemon themselves, I'd say we are in for one hell of a tough time...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nah. It's just because I just dislike children. And I think there were others more deserving. inb4 you're wrong

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Nah. It's just because I just dislike children. And I think there were others more deserving. inb4 you're wrong
    Says the guy who wanted Alder's grandson (who is also a kid) as Champion. And how exactly do you determine if someone is "more deserving" or "less deserving" anyway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura_Sphere View Post
    Says the guy who wanted Alder's grandson (who is also a kid) as Champion. And how exactly do you determine if someone is "more deserving" or "less deserving" anyway?
    I wanted Banjirou because it's feasible he was trained by someone of Champion caliber already, which would put him quite above many others. And yeah, I know Drayden is still a very competent trainer, but he's just a gym leader. And by 'deserving' I mean someone like Cheren or Marshal. Cheren because a big part of his development in the previous game was his desire to become powerful and finding a way to go about it. Plus, it would be nice to see him achieve his dream instead of becoming the most pathetic leader since Falkner. Marshal for the same reasons as Banjirou. If he was already good enough to become an Elite 4 member without being trained by a current Champion, that it telling of his skill. Honestly, I really wanted Marshal the most, as it would be a good way to show how far the Fighting type has come.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheren becoming the Champion would reverse his character development, dude. D8 He learned that there are more important things than just being the strongest. Seriously, were there this many complaints about Caitlin being an Elite 4 Member when it was first revealed? THAT is way more BS than Iris being the Champion. Iris is the last Gym Leader in White version, at the very least. She more than deserves her champion rank.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

People were more surprised with Caitlin being an Elite 4 member than anything else, since it came right outta nowhere. And really, this is all just my opinion. I don't expect it to change anyone's mind, I'm just throwing it out there, as this is a board for discussion. And I find it ironic that many still resent Wallace for replacing Steven, given how it was a very similar situation. And yeah, I know Cheren learned there was more to life than power. But it's still no reason to not try and do your best, instead of becoming a punching bag for new trainers.

Look. I don't hate Iris. I think they could have done far worse with a Champion choice (N comes to mind). I'm just disappointed by the direction the developers took here. It's not like it'll ruin the game for me or nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

And yeah, I know Cheren learned there was more to life than power. But it's still no reason to not try and do your best, instead of becoming a punching bag for new trainers.
    Um, no. Becoming a teacher=/=Becoming a punching bag. Oh and it's not like as if he doesn't have any stronger Pokemon to test trainers with stronger Pokemon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I wonder how does it fare on challange mode. The normal one was an easy 6-0 for my Liligant.

I did like that she had Haxorus with Focus Sash though.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how does it fare on challange mode. The normal one was an easy 6-0 for my Liligant.

I'm confused are you saying you beat all her Pokemon with a Liligant?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Cheren becoming the Champion would reverse his character development, dude. D8 He learned that there are more important things than just being the strongest. Seriously, were there this many complaints about Caitlin being an Elite 4 Member when it was first revealed? THAT is way more BS than Iris being the Champion. Iris is the last Gym Leader in White version, at the very least. She more than deserves her champion rank.
    There was complaining when Caitlin was an Elite Four member?

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheren is the weakest gym leader in the history of Pokemon. Falkner had Pidgeotto and the Straiton trio had an elemental monkey stronger than your starter etc, the best thing Cheren has is a Lilipup. It's so unfair on him, sure he learnt power is not everything, but downgrading him to such a weak spot is ridiculous, at least Lenora had a Watchog and a Herdier, Cheren has the weaker form of both of these. I know he's the first gym, but he could at least have a Herdier or something and have it underleveled much like Falkner's Pidgeotto in Johto

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I love her new team. Initially, I wasn't quite sure what to think, since her non-dragon types didn't seem too much dragons. (Unlike's Lance's Aerodactyl, Gyarados, and Charizard who were all obviously dragons or looked similar to dragons.) I agree with the notion that much of her team shares a dinosaur theme, and I think that the mix of types should prove to be an interesting battle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post

Not too far fetched. I've swept Red and Cynthia with a Starmie.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post

Not too far fetched. I've swept Red and Cynthia with a Starmie.
    But Starmie is awesome, I too have swept many a battle with a Starmie. But Liligant? Either it was extremely over leveled, or I have been grossly under estimating it lol.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast