Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion - Page 30

View Poll Results: Iris is fit to be the champion?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally! She's earned it!

64 54.70%
  • Nah, she's still too childish.

31 26.50%
  • Meh... I'll still sweep.

22 18.80%
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    On topic, I'd like to know where it explicitly states Brycen retired from being a gym leader. His Memory link with Alder only implied that he was going back to the movies (whereas Alder specifically decided to step down), and we know people can hold two jobs at once in this game. His gym is also fully intact with Clyde, so at most I'd say he's on sabbatical while working on movies.
    He's actually at the end of the gym once you work through the puzzle. He just says a few words and then walks off. So I'll probably agree with you.
    Him just being on sabbatical is supported by his presence is the World Tournament as well.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post

Him just being on sabbatical is supported by his presence is the World Tournament as well.
    Not really, we know the PWT invites past Champions, and we have Lenora, who actually gave up her position to Cheren.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Default Re: Gym Leader/Gym Leader Team Predictions

I'm amazed by the Iris and I have to admit I have spoiled it for myself by watching her battle on Youtube. I love her style and the music is just amazing in the background :D

追放されたバカ

In regards to the poll question: HELL NO

Drayden would have been a much better choice and let Iris inherit the Gym Full time. Also this causes a lot of problems for the anime. In the anime she has an Axew, Excadrill and an Emolga! Hardly champion worth material. So think the anime will just ignore her and have her as a novice all the way through, much like they ignored her being a part time Gym leader.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Default Iris's Team

The great battle!

Let's discuss Iris's team in the new Black and White 2 games.

I personally really like the Pokemon on Iris's team and they all seem to fit the theme. However I don't see how Archeops really relates to the dragon theme to be honest.

So what do you think of the team and do you like the match up?

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Iris's Team

Haxorus should be a boy to match the anime, I know games don't pay that much attention but it would just be cool to imagine that he finally became a Haxorus.
    Also the non dragons are all a bit meh, not really even related to dragons but then I guess there isn't that many dragons could have added Dragonite like the anime. If they had to have none-dragons couldn't they match the anime maybe with Excadrill?

Blog Entries

Archeops kinda fits, just based on look. It's old and powerful, almost a dragon. They all seem to fit pretty well. I look forward to being up against this team!

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Her team isn't just dragon-themed, it's "dinosaur" themed. Hence the inclusion of Lapras, Aggron, and Archeops. I suppose it's not bad...considering having a second Dragon Champion is a little monotonous.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Lame. If you've got a Fighting type with Ice Punch, it's over. Specialized Champions don't work, as it just makes it all the easier to sweep. They had the right idea with Blue and Cynthia. Not counting Alder since his team shares a comparable weakness to rock/fire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    In regards to the poll question: HELL NO

Drayden would have been a much better choice and let Iris inherit the Gym Full time. Also this causes a lot of problems for the anime. In the anime she has an Axew, Excadrill and an Emolga! Hardly champion worth material. So think the anime will just ignore her and have her as a novice all the way through, much like they ignored her being a part time Gym leader.
    I agree with your stance on Drayden, though to be fair, being the mayor would make that difficult. I still think it should have been Marshal or Cheren though.

As for the anime, it's never really followed the games all that well, as Blue/Gary never became Champion in the anime. Though I can see her becoming new Unova Champion at the end of Best Wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Lame. If you've got a Fighting type with Ice Punch, it's over. Specialized Champions don't work, as it just makes it all the easier to sweep. They had the right idea with Blue and Cynthia. Not counting Alder since his team shares a comparable weakness to rock/fire.
    Yeah, I agree with the sentiments regarding Blue and Cynthia. Without knowing much of the storyline in B2W2, I feel as if Cheren would make the most believable champion outside of Alder returning to his role. Rather than the normal type team he uses in his gym, they could set him up to have a mixed team (like his BW team) with a starter strong against your own. That way the team would be more varied and difficult to face.
    Signas likes this.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I don't mind her focus on dragons/dinosaurs since her team isn't just mono-dragon. The part that does kind of bother me is that she shares a main Pokemon with a gym leader. That seems rather redundant. They should have been a bit more creative with her best.

~Blast Burn Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar

I'm kind of wondering why Lapras is in there. Aggron too. I agree with everyone, it seems dragon/dinosaur-ish. I'm not really surprised her team isn't competitive, but Champion's team hardly ever are though. I think it would be a fun battle though. Mainly because of the music. XDD

Blog Entries

Lame

Iris never had potential to be like Blue anyway.

So since when did people give a damn who the champion was? I never saw this kind of whining ever. Sounds to me that the idea of Iris as the champion is too much for you complainers to handle. Is it just because she doesn't fit your stereotypical description of a champion? Or are you letting the anime influence what you see in the games?

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast