Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion - Page 22

View Poll Results: Iris is fit to be the champion?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally! She's earned it!

64 54.70%
  • Nah, she's still too childish.

31 26.50%
  • Meh... I'll still sweep.

22 18.80%
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gym Leader + Elite 4 Discussion

Hey guys , Hey Guys
    Is it against rule to post a Fan Art of Champion Iris in this Thread !
    Because We are discussing the change of Gym Leader , E4 and Champion So Iris B2W2 look is a part of this !
    Plus , This picture is so good that I have to post it-

Hey
    I wanna another Animated Promo of B2W2 where Iris appear and Face the Male protagonist !
    About her Outfit
    I think it would be better if Iris had a shrine Maiden Outfit instate !
    I still Think Iris Should had a Milotic instate of Lapras !

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

I'm so happy! I can remember when I said it'd be great if Iris was champion...then brushed it off as being ridiculous. Well? I love being wrong! I have to say Iris as champion is great. And unexpected. But awesome! Plus her new look is good...even though a little princessy.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I dread the thought of defeating that Challenge Mode Iris. Seriously dreading it if the medals are involved.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Drayden should have grown Haxorus-axe sideburns in the two years gone. GF missed a big opportunity with that one.
    PKMN Trainer Faye and Owain like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Shizui View Post
    Drayden should have grown Haxorus-axe sideburns in the two years gone. GF missed a big opportunity with that one.
    That, and give Skyla more plane parts. But whatever, Queen Iris is still awesome enough.

As a note for new comers I personally call here Queen Iris, its not her official title.

Blog Entries

So when I saw Iris' sprite from Pokebeach, I realized she dressed up like a princess specifically for the league battle

._.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Yay, Roxanne... She is also looking the same as a lot of years ago... Yeah...
    So's everyone else except Elesa and Iris. And Iris only looks different because she changed her clothes.
    Roxanne and the WT Gym Leaders should have changed. Only two years passed for Elesa and Iris, but for them, 5 or more passed.

The game will for sure be awesome, but GF failed in this aspect. They turned the WT in a non-canon feature.

Iris for Champion is quite good for me but................. (Why another Champion with Dragon Types?)
    Still, her new outfit make her look cute and her teams are actually strong..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Yay, Roxanne... She is also looking the same as a lot of years ago... Yeah...
    So's everyone else except Elesa and Iris. And Iris only looks different because she changed her clothes.
    Roxanne and the WT Gym Leaders should have changed. Only two years passed for Elesa and Iris, but for them, 5 or more passed.

The game will for sure be awesome, but GF failed in this aspect. They turned the WT in a non-canon feature.
    There's a point you'll have to accept game-play and story segregation. These sprites not being updated is it. It doesn't mean its not canon.

You can trade with BW immediately after getting the C-Gear. That itself should pose greater contradictions than these sprites.
    Owain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Iris for Champion is quite good for me but................. (Why another Champion with Dragon Types?)
    Still, her new outfit make her look cute and her teams are actually strong..
    It's like I said. You don't think Dragon has been done to death? So not only do we have to content with Drayden, who's a Dragon-type GL, we have Iris. A Dragon-type Champion.

I wouldn't call it favoritism but...

EDIT: Apparently Serebii's saying you fight two trainers in Alder's house who have Pansage and Panpour. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be Cilan and Cress.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Okay, I didn't initially like the idea of Iris as Champion, only because I had my heart on either Marshal or Cheren (and when the latter turned into a GL, my hopes were on Marshal), because while predictable, it at the same time would not be.

Lance expressed no interest in being Champion; three years later, look where he is (and that just seemed like a natural evolution to the roles of the E4; dynamics shift, some leave, others replace them, some move up, some move down).

Wallace expressed no interest in being Champion; in Emerald, he has the title.

Volkner expressed interest in battling the E4, so everyone figured another switch-up was imminent, a la Emerald; no dice, and Volkner remains where he is, as does the league.

Alder expressed interest in keeping tabs on Cheren as a trainer, and at the same time, Marshal wants very badly to impress Alder; maybe they would do what they didn't do with Volkner and have either of them happen as his successor. NOPE!

And that's why I'm still upset, but whatever, no biggie. Soldier on.

What I'm more ragey about is that Iris' team doesn't have a Flygon. Salamance is cool and buff, but Lance has one of those, and the other missing dragons, Kingdra and Altaria, were Clair's and Lance's respectively, so it doesn't need as must attention, but Flygon hasn't been on a Dragon-themed team since 2005 and come on, that's not fair. I mean, it doesn't have the same weaknesses as Salamance and Altaria (okay, everything but the Rock-type weakness), and it's underplayed by far. Sure, Salamance has more of a beat-down and varying movepool, and this Gen seems to continue being META GAME EVERYWHERE, but...I just really want Flygon. On her, on Drayden, somewhere.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    16th June 2012, 03:02 PM

Watch, the Striaton brothers make up three of the four members of the Elite 4. The final member is Lenora, and the champion is Iris.
    I'm laughing my ass off right now. You sir, are psychic.

I honestly wouldn't have minded the Striaton Triplets being the E4. XD

Also any new news on them that isn't just Cilan? I read over on the Character Thread there were backsprites of them.

Blog Entries

The female Veteran trainer in Drayden's house did actually mention how talented Iris was. It's not as if this came out of nowhere.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    The female Veteran trainer in Drayden's house did actually mention how talented Iris was. It's not as if this came out of nowhere.
    It would have made more sense to have Marshal as Champion though. Everything was pointing to BW2 pulling an Emerald like it did with Wallace and Juan. Or like how Lance was an Elite in RBY and then being promoted to Champion in GSC. Iris being Champion came out of nowhere.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast