Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion - Page 18

View Poll Results: Iris is fit to be the champion?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally! She's earned it!

64 54.70%
  • Nah, she's still too childish.

31 26.50%
  • Meh... I'll still sweep.

22 18.80%
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Gym Leader + Elite 4 Discussion

Haha, I think its kind of funny that Iris is Champion now, that might be the biggest surprise of the whole game yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    Haha, I think its kind of funny that Iris is Champion now, that might be the biggest surprise of the whole game yet.
    The strange thing is, I actually predicted it yesterday through simple deduction:

Drayden was confirmed as being a gym leader.
    Champion always uses Psuedo Legendary
    Hydreigon is Gen V Psuedo Legendary, and also a Dragon
    Only one other Dragon user

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

That's a nice surprise, Iris is champ! Her hair does look like a dragon's...sort of. Her outfit is adorable. <3

A neat backstory would be that Drayden was chosen to be champ, but he turned it down and recommended Iris. Iris kicked butt, and now is top champ.
    Isaac Gravity likes this.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    No one else wore crown like that. Maybe it's because since she's just a kid, she was like "I wanna be a princess!!" and everyone humored her.
    No, it's because Iris is like 1000 times more better than any previous Champion, and thus she must show her superiority by wearing that crown. I mean, it clearly screams ''I'm better than you.''
    I humbly disagree. I find Alder to be my personal favorite Champion (Shocking, I know), and I liked his casual wanderer look, as it didn't seem to give him a superiority complex. You are entitled to your opinion though, and that's what makes the world mix so well.
    Why, of course you do, I could tell by your banner. But don't get me wrong, I was only joking, and it's not like my prefernce over Iris than any other champion is a fact, I just thought you understood that it was a joke.
    Signas, 투 애니원 and Reila like this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Why, of course you do, I could tell by your banner. But don't get me wrong, I was only joking, and it's not like my prefernce over Iris than any other champion is a fact, I just thought you understood that it was a joke.
    My apologies, text doesn't really translate things like that well. No hard feelings.

What I really wonder is if the game gives any indication of it. All previous games, you met the Champion before fighting them, and while Iris was in BW1, not everyone who buts this is going to have played BW1.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good news: Iris finally did something with that Zoroark-esque hairstyle of hers.
    Bad news: Iris seems to be underdeveloped in some places, if you know what I mean.

On a more serious note, I don't know if I should like Iris's team. After what had happened with Cynthia and Alder, I expected Iris to have a little bit more of a balanced team. Three of her pokemon are Dragons, which gives them the conventional Ice and Dragon weaknesses. Three of her pokemon (Lapras, Hydreigon, and Aggron) are also weak against Fighting-type attacks. Another two pokemon are weak against Electric as well. Iris may be the Champion, but she is a far cry from being a challenging trainer outside her Haxorus and Hydreigon.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Well Iris was never really a gym leader. In white, Drayden tells her "Iris, you go be (player)'s opponent" So it makes sense that Drayden would stay at the gym, also being the 7th gym dosen't really make him weaker, Haxorus and Druddigon are the same levels

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Good news: Iris finally did something with that Zoroark-esque hairstyle of hers.
    Bad news: Iris seems to be underdeveloped in some places, if you know what I mean.

On a more serious note, I don't know if I should like Iris's team. After what had happened with Cynthia and Alder, I expected Iris to have a little bit more of a balanced team. Three of her pokemon are Dragons, which gives them the conventional Ice and Dragon weaknesses. Three of her pokemon (Lapras, Hydreigon, and Aggron) are also weak against Fighting-type attacks. Another two pokemon are weak against Electric as well. Iris may be the Champion, but she is a far cry from being a challenging trainer outside her Haxorus and Hydreigon.
    That's nothing really new though. Blue's team in R/B was a trainwreck due to terrible movesets, Lance is extremely weak to Ice and Electricity, Most of Steven's team can be destroyed by Blaziken, Wallace's by Sceptile, Cynthia has a large Ice weakness, and Alder has a large Fire weakness as well. Making a true balanced team with no holes is not an easy thing to do.

Interesting how Iris is Champion, though I kinda would have liked to have seen Marshal as Champion instead.

Also does anyone know what happened with the Striaton Triplets? Someone mentioned Cilan being at a Cafe, but what became of Chili and Cress?
    Last edited by Taiyou; 21st June 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyou View Post
    Interesting how Iris is Champion, though I kinda would have liked to have seen Marshall as Champion instead.

Also does anyone know what happened with the Striaton Triplets? Someone mentioned Cilan being at a Cafe, but what became of Chili and Cress?
    no clue =)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

It's ironic that Cheren is only the first gym leader in BW2, yet he defeated Iris (the current champion) two years earlier in the White timeline. I wonder how the previously power-obsessed trainer feels about holding back against beginners?
    Last edited by Bouffalant Herdier; 21st June 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Made it more clear I was referring to Iris

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    It's ironic that Cheren is only the first gym leader in BW2, yet he defeated the champion two years earlier in the White timeline. I wonder how the previously power-obsessed trainer feels about holding back against beginners?
    Cheren never beat Alder. He did beat the Pokemon League, but due to the Team Plasma mess, he couldn't challenge Alder.

E4 Challenge mode
    Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 77, Gengar Lv. 77, Froslass Lv. 77, Drifblim Lv. 77, Golurk Lv. 77, Chandelure Lv. 79
    Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Tyranitar Lv. 77, Houndoom Lv. 77, Scrafty Lv. 77, Honchkrow Lv. 77, Krookodile Lv. 77, Bisharp Lv. 79
    Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 77, Alakazam Lv. 77, Reuniclus Lv. 77, Gothitelle Lv. 77, Gallade Lv. 77, Metagross Lv. 79
    Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 77, Sawk Lv. 77, Mienshao Lv. 77, Machamp Lv. 77, Lucario Lv. 77, Conkeldurr Lv. 79
    투 애니원 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDialgaPrime View Post
    E4 Challenge mode
    Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 77, Gengar Lv. 77, Froslass Lv. 77, Drifblim Lv. 77, Golurk Lv. 77, Chandelure Lv. 79
    Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Tyranitar Lv. 77, Houndoom Lv. 77, Scrafty Lv. 77, Honchkrow Lv. 77, Krookodile Lv. 77, Bisharp Lv. 79
    Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 77, Alakazam Lv. 77, Reuniclus Lv. 77, Gothitelle Lv. 77, Gallade Lv. 77, Metagross Lv. 79
    Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 77, Sawk Lv. 77, Mienshao Lv. 77, Machamp Lv. 77, Lucario Lv. 77, Conkeldurr Lv. 79
    O-o... I hope that's the rematch team if that's the first fight holy fucking shit...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDialgaPrime View Post
    E4 Challenge mode

O-o... I hope that's the rematch team if that's the first fight holy fucking shit...
    Challenge mode is not avlible untill after the first fight

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast