Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion - Page 14

View Poll Results: Iris is fit to be the champion?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally! She's earned it!

64 54.70%
  • Nah, she's still too childish.

31 26.50%
  • Meh... I'll still sweep.

22 18.80%
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gym Leader + Elite 4 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Considering that they are the heroes who saved Unova, have a legendary in their arsenal, and are the previous PCs, Hilda/Hilbert being Champion makes far more sense to me than Iris. But whatever, whats done is done I guess.
    Don't know why this is a surprise. They never won the league in-story due to Team Plasma. The last known Champion is technically N.

Blog Entries

How do you know they never won in-story? Red did.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    How do you know they never won in-story? Red did.
    Well unless yo count the post game canon they beat Alder after the events of Platinum...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Considering that they are the heroes who saved Unova, have a legendary in their arsenal, and are the previous PCs, Hilda/Hilbert being Champion makes far more sense to me than Iris. But whatever, whats done is done I guess.
    Don't know why this is a surprise. They never won the league in-story due to Team Plasma. The last known Champion is technically N.
    Pretty sure what happened was: N beats Alder's sorry ass -> Plasma castle stuff -> N's disappearance leads to him losing the champion title, giving the title back to Alder -> post-game stuff -> you beat Alder's sorry ass -> you're champion

Blog Entries

What's the staus on the Elite 4? I'm going to assume they're the same as in BW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    What's the staus on the Elite 4? I'm going to assume they're the same as in BW.
    Other than the champion, yeah, they're all the same.

Blog Entries

Things you do post-game is clearly questionable canon, otherwise Kyurem isn't wild. You didmt need to beat Alder to make the credits role so you can't sayhe PC is confirmed champion unless someone ingame confirms.

@Signas;
    Red's story *was* to beat Blue. The BW PC only ever continued the league journey to stop N, which s/he did.

Also, the outcome of Red's battle was confirmed in GSC/HGSS. Unless its confirmed here, its not the same scenario and remains fuzzy canon.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I was half-expecting Marshal to be champion: he seemed to be Alder's protoge and obvious successor. But Iris?

Didn't see that coming.

So awesome.

Blog Entries

If N beat Alder and claimed the Champion title, wouldn't have beating N technically made you the Champion, though?
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm guessing most of B/W's post-game isn't canon, since Team Plasma is in possession of Kyurem.
    Last edited by smalllady; 21st June 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Phoebe View Post
    I was half-expecting Marshal to be champion: he seemed to be Alder's protoge and obvious successor. But Iris?

Didn't see that coming.

So awesome.
    I would have rather preferred that to be honest. There was zero foreshadowing for this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    If N beat Alder and claimed the Champion title, wouldn't have beating N technically made you the Champion, though?
    Given the scenario in RBY, technically, except the challenge was interrupted, you were forced to catch a new Pokemon, and your team was healed by someone else.

Also, just a note: Saying "how do you know they aren't" isnt an argument for the BW PC to be champion, its simply supporting the assertion of a fuzzy continuity.

If you wish to say they are, then provide evidence. As of right now, based on concrete events, the PC's challenge was interrupted, therefore the PC never became Champion at that time. What happens afterwards is pure speculation based on events that didnt need to happen.

I'm still shocked that Iris is the fucking CHAMPION... why you trololololol us Gamefreak?
    I wanted Hilbert/Hilda :( and if they were impossible then I still think Drayden would be a much more logical choice for the new Champion while Iris could takeover as the only Gym Leader in Opelucid...
    I'm sure the main reason they did it was to surprise us and get us to react the way we are doing right now... since Drayden would've been too obvious and as for the heroes - I guess we might no see them at all =\ but I really hope I'm wrong and maybe they'll do something other than being the Champion
    I wonder if this will somehow affect the anime, though I can't see how when anime!Iris is extremely pathetic right now and can't even dream to compare to her original BW self, not to mention her new BW2 self...
    OH I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE, just give me another date with N on the ferris wheel and I'll be happy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing B/W's post-game isn't canon, since Team Plasma is in possession of Kyurem.
    I'd find it likely that the post game main story IS canon, but everything else isn't, i.e. you still beat Alder in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Given the scenario in RBY, technically, except the challenge was interrupted, you were forced to catch a new Pokemon, and your team was healed by someone else.

Also, just a note: Saying "how do you know they aren't" isnt an argument for the BW PC to be champion, its simply supporting the assertion of a fuzzy continuity.

If you wish to say they are, then provide evidence. As of right now, based on concrete events, the PC's challenge was interrupted, therefore the PC never became Champion at that time. What happens afterwards is pure speculation based on events that didnt need to happen.
    N renounced the title when he fled, similar to what happened with Red in GSC (you can argue all you want, but Lance was made the champion in those games, so either Lance beat Red (unlikely) or going into solitude forced him to renounce the title.) So Alder was the champion, and I'm staying steadfast to my belief that the main post-game story is canon. So it doesn't matter whether it was interrupted or didn't count or whatever.

Of course, we never fight the player character as champion, and how are we not stuck sitting in the E4 building once we're champion? That is a bigger question which I don't want to bother answering.
    Last edited by Regiruler; 21st June 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing B/W's post-game isn't canon, since Team Plasma is in possession of Kyurem.
    I'd find it likely that the post game main story IS canon, but everything else isn't, i.e. you still beat Alder in canon.
    Lol I just edited that post to say "most of B/W's post-game isn't canon" since helping Looker find six of the sages is probably canon.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast