SPOILERS: Gym Discussion/Speculation - Page 7

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 834
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: Gym Discussion/Speculation

  1. #91
    Registered User AkuromaKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    An interesting image I found...



    Discuss.
    Green Zubat and The_Doctor like this.

  2. #92
    Fossil Expert Sir Turtlelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cinnabar Island
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Gym 08 ~ Normal Gym//Male Leader ~ I want Normal to be the last Gym because, as someone stated earlier, I really think it deserves more recognition. Normal Pokémon, imo, feel super under-rated and under-used. There is so much potential, but really most of the Pokémon this type (single-typed ones I mean) are largely pretty useless battle-wise. I'm electing a Male leader simply to balance out the genders of the Gym Leaders :P
    They should totally make the champion or last E4 a Normal specialist with super-strong mons, like Whitney's Miltank on steroids ;P
    Champion Joseph, Normal type specialist. He tends to brag about his signature Raticate being in the top percentage. :P

    In all seriousness though, a normal type champion could be pretty awesome, especially with strong normal types like Snorlax, Ursaring, etc.

  3. #93
    Fiery Dancer Laterna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cards
    Posts
    176
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Gym 06 ~ Poison Gym//Male Leader ~ I'd really like to see a new Male Poison specialist now that Koga is not a Gym Leader. I'd also like to see them take the Poison trainer away from what's previously been done with Poison specialists - ninjas, a rocker and the majority of the villainous team grunts. What I want is something gentler for this trainer and his Gym.
    Not that I'm saying it's impossible, but how gentle can you get exactly with a type that defines itself by the suffering of others? Poison is basically Dark-lite when it comes to image.
    I just love how they really broke some of the preconceptions associated with the Dark type with Pokémon such as Absol (warning of disasters) and Darkrai (misunderstood) and the likes. I'd like to see maybe a Poison//Grass type that could be more medicinal in nature (didn't curatives and modern medicine all originate with toxins and what-have-you?) or maybe Poison//Water type that helps with removing pollution or a Poison//Steel type home cleaning thing? I just feel that there's a lot of wasted potential there with the Poison type to make it something more than what it is, something nicer and friendlier - they could at least try.

    Poison needs it more imo, but I'd love to see this extend throughout Gen VI - break tradition with the Gym Leaders and do something that makes the older fans go "huh, didn't see that one coming" - surprise us by stepping outside of the boxes that have been built around the types by both the designers and the fandom.


    Also, @AkuromaKun ~ I've seen that image floating about here and there, but I don't really get it. Like, I can clearly see the visual link between the Unova Gym symbol and the one being used in Gen VI and I get the DNA connection theory. What I don't get is the Johto and Kanto Gym symbols - they're both different and, as far as I can see, don't really contribute to the argument being put across by the creator - what am I missing?
    Last edited by Laterna; 15th January 2013 at 03:03 PM.
    YamiiDenryuu and Owain like this.

    //mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

  4. #94
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,365
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by AkuromaKun View Post
    An interesting image I found...



    Discuss.
    We just don't know. Its more then likely that the gym symbol is the same for every region now, and not just the Unova symbol, but even so for me personally there is a tiny sliver of hope that this is the case, what with Golurk statues and an apparent focus on Unova Pokemon still. And I know that can be because they do not want to reveal gen 6 Pokemon, but a Golurk statue is still something odd. It is good to note though that the screen is likely the beginning of the gym, with the female PC likely going back to the entrance of the gym or something.
    Laterna, Green Zubat and Owain like this.

  5. #95
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Rumor has it Joey's Rattata has 31 IVs in all its stats.

    I'd like to see:

    1) Female Bug-type Gym Leader.
    2) Poison-type Gym Leader.
    3) Ground-type Gym Leader.
    4) Ice-type Gym Leader.
    5) Fire-type Gym Leader.
    6) Psychic-type Gym Leader.
    7) Steel-type Gym Leader.
    8) Dark-type Gym Leader.

    Elite Four (in no specific order):

    Electric
    Rock
    Grass
    Normal

    Champion:

    Various types.
    Laterna likes this.

  6. #96
    A Big Wave in Fighting Season's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn ☆
    Posts
    250
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    I think that could just be the generic symbolization for a Gym, I could be wrong but I can't see Unova tieing in with these games after two consecutive appearances in the previous Generation.

    Anyway, this is what I'm expecting/hoping for but not necessarily in the order;

    Grass Gym
    Bug Gym
    Dark Gym
    Ground Gym
    Steel Gym
    Psychic Gym
    Rock Gym
    Fire Gym (Although it could be an E4 room)
    Owain likes this.

  7. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Mi ideal set:

    Gym Leaders (no particular order):
    -Poison
    -Fire
    -Bug
    -Steel
    -Ground
    -Dark
    -Psychic/Ice/Ghost/Dragon/Fighting
    -Psychic/Ice/Ghost/Dragon/Fighting

    Elite 4:
    -Rock
    -Flying
    -Grass
    -Electric

    Champion:
    -Normal
    Laterna likes this.

  8. #98
    Registered User Cabecote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Figure I may as well throw in my own Gym wishlist too :P

    Gym 06 ~ Poison Gym//Male Leader ~ I'd really like to see a new Male Poison specialist now that Koga is not a Gym Leader. I'd also like to see them take the Poison trainer away from what's previously been done with Poison specialists - ninjas, a rocker and the majority of the villainous team grunts. What I want is something gentler for this trainer and his Gym.
    OMG I want a Poison Gym for this Generation too ^^. I always thought that Argenta would give an awesome Poison Gym Leader. Would love to see that happening :)
    Laterna likes this.

  9. #99
    Fiery Dancer Laterna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cards
    Posts
    176
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabecote View Post
    OMG I want a Poison Gym for this Generation too ^^. I always thought that Argenta would give an awesome Poison Gym Leader. Would love to see that happening :)
    Awesome!! I love Argenta so much - she is my favourite Frontier Brain <3 <3 <3 Looks-wise, she always struck me as more of a Psychic type trainer (similar colours and designs as Will and Lucian) or a Flying type trainer, as she seems to have a bit of a old-style pilot look to her.

    I wouldn't mind seeing a Poison GL with a design similar to hers though, like an older female to balance out Koga a bit (seeing as both Janine and Roxie were pretty young seeming).
    Owain likes this.

    //mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

  10. #100
    Registered User Cabecote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabecote View Post
    OMG I want a Poison Gym for this Generation too ^^. I always thought that Argenta would give an awesome Poison Gym Leader. Would love to see that happening :)
    Awesome!! I love Argenta so much - she is my favourite Frontier Brain <3 <3 <3 Looks-wise, she always struck me as more of a Psychic type trainer (similar colours and designs as Will and Lucian) or a Flying type trainer, as she seems to have a bit of a old-style pilot look to her.

    I wouldn't mind seeing a Poison GL with a design similar to hers though, like an older female to balance out Koga a bit (seeing as both Janine and Roxie were pretty young seeming).
    She's my 2nd favorite Frontier Brain (Spenser it's my 1st. Love his concept). Yeah a older female Poison Gym Leader would be tots awesomesauce :p

  11. #101
    Nyx
    Nyx is offline
    What does the Vulpix say? Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BMGf
    Posts
    696

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    I'd like to see another female Champion this time. It's time to put Cynthia to rest.
    Velvet and Laterna like this.

  12. #102
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabecote View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabecote View Post
    OMG I want a Poison Gym for this Generation too ^^. I always thought that Argenta would give an awesome Poison Gym Leader. Would love to see that happening :)
    Awesome!! I love Argenta so much - she is my favourite Frontier Brain <3 <3 <3 Looks-wise, she always struck me as more of a Psychic type trainer (similar colours and designs as Will and Lucian) or a Flying type trainer, as she seems to have a bit of a old-style pilot look to her.

    I wouldn't mind seeing a Poison GL with a design similar to hers though, like an older female to balance out Koga a bit (seeing as both Janine and Roxie were pretty young seeming).
    She's my 2nd favorite Frontier Brain (Spenser it's my 1st. Love his concept). Yeah a older female Poison Gym Leader would be tots awesomesauce :p
    Uh, should we count Agatha? In Bulbapedia, it says her specialty was Ghost, but she had more Pokémon of the Poison-type. =/ Anyway, she's not a Gym Leader, but an Elite Four.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I'd like to see another female Champion this time. It's time to put Cynthia to rest.
    I disagree. Cynthia is awesome, and I think we haven't seen enough of her yet. Plus, we have Iris as well. I would like to see another female Champion, though.

  13. #103
    Bulbapædist Zeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,471

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    I would really really like to see more Gyms tied to themes not entirely related to typing. That's one of the reasons I like Tate and Liza and the Striathon Gyms the best. I'm not saying all of the Gen VI Gyms shouldn't be based around typing - but two would be pretty nice. Rotation Battle Gym, Double Battle Gym, Triple Battle Gym, Buffer Gym, Debuffer Gym - something creative.
    Laterna, The_Doctor and Owain like this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  14. #104
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I would really really like to see more Gyms tied to themes not entirely related to typing. That's one of the reasons I like Tate and Liza and the Striathon Gyms the best. I'm not saying all of the Gen VI Gyms shouldn't be based around typing - but two would be pretty nice. Rotation Battle Gym, Double Battle Gym, Triple Battle Gym, Buffer Gym, Debuffer Gym - something creative.
    Tate and Lisa were Psychic leaders... and the triplets were Grass/Fire/Water leaders...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  15. #105
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,365
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

    Yeah but they were based on double battles and type weakness/advantages. Something more appropriate would be Falkner's Gym, which although has flying types, is more specified to birds alone, not Pokemon like Jumpluff or Emolga.

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •