SPOILERS: Gym Discussion/Speculation - Page 38

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: Gym Discussion/Speculation

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

No surprise there, all of their types (bar Viola, since we knew hers) seemed kinda obvious imo, especially since they put what I'd assume to be the gym badge in their portraits.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    I like how past gym leaders also had Pokemon that weren't of their specialized type but did use moves of that type. Good examples being Sabrina's Venomoth and Volkner's Octillery.

Actually Volkner's Octillery is another good example of something I'd like to see with gym leaders: using Pokemon to combat types with advantages against the gym's specialized type.
    I actually hate when they do this, unless the Pokemon is related to that type (as is the case with Sabrina's Venomoth or Aaron's Drapion). But stuff like Volkner using Ambipom and Octillery or Flint using Drifblim, Steelix, and Lopunny is too random and reflective of DP's poor Pokedex distribution. Platinum's teams are more like what they were intended to be in the first place.
    The_Doctor and Crysta Blade like this.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

We better get a challenging GL like Whitney was in GSC.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    I like how past gym leaders also had Pokemon that weren't of their specialized type but did use moves of that type. Good examples being Sabrina's Venomoth and Volkner's Octillery.

Actually Volkner's Octillery is another good example of something I'd like to see with gym leaders: using Pokemon to combat types with advantages against the gym's specialized type.
    I actually hate when they do this, unless the Pokemon is related to that type (as is the case with Sabrina's Venomoth or Aaron's Drapion). But stuff like Volkner using Ambipom and Octillery or Flint using Drifblim, Steelix, and Lopunny is too random and reflective of DP's poor Pokedex distribution. Platinum's teams are more like what they were intended to be in the first place.
    Drifblim and Steelix are actually related to fire, being a hot air balloon and a creature made of heat/pressure compressed material, respectively.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Drifblim and Steelix are actually related to fire, being a hot air balloon and a creature made of heat/pressure compressed material, respectively.
    Not in the same way as Venomoth and Drapion, who can actually have the same type moves in their movesets (and Drapion's pre evolved form is Bug). Drifblim, Steelix, and Lopunny only really learn generic Fire moves that every other Pokemon in the Dex can learn.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Macos View Post
    I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, an official Nintendo magazine from Spain (Revista Oficial Nintendo) confirmed that Violet is the first Leader which specializes in Bug type Pokemon, Grant uses Rock type ones, Clemont is an electric type gym leader and Korrina uses Fighting type pokemon.
    Does anyone have a source for this?
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Blog Entries

^I can't confirm a source, but my meager spanish skills can confirm that that is what it says.

I sort of have a feeling that Korrina is going to be very difficult, especially since I wouldn't be surprised if she uses a Mega Evolved pokemon. Maybe even Mega Lucario. I peg either her or the rumored Fairy gym leader as the "whitney" of this gen, if there is one. Actually I think a lot of people are gong to have trouble with a fairy type trainer if for no other reason than it will take a while for some people to commit it's weakness 9which we still don't know) to memory. Yeah, the gym guy will tell you what's strong against it, but who the hell bothers talking to that guy anymore?

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Are you kidding me? Yet ANOTHER electric gym? We've had one every region besides Johto! I would have much appreciated if another type got to shine, but I guess electric is better. It would have been nice if he was steel, like I hoped, but meh...

All of the other types though are understandable. Korrina's is certainly the least shocking.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry ~ my fan-fiction
    x

Blog Entries

Clemont was so obviously Electric it wasn't even funny, anyone who thought it was anything else with all the evidence was only fooling themselves.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    Does anyone have a source for this?
    What do you mean, a source? I posted a pic and the name of the magazine it came from.
    For hope burns bright!

I mean, where did you get that picture from?
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

I got that from a spanish forum in a Pokemon XY thread, an user who has the magazine took the picture.
    For hope burns bright!

Blog Entries

Apparently Clemont had a Dedenne in the anime, so there's more support for him being electric if you happen to doubt spanish magazines.
    Lugiafanatic likes this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since Clemont is almost guaranteed to specialize in Electric-types, he should be the third gym leader you face in the games assuming the rumors given to WPM are accurate.

Blog Entries

If he's the Lumiose gym leader (I think that's been implied, right?), then third sounds about right.

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast