SPOILERS: Gym Discussion/Speculation - Page 15

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: Gym Discussion/Speculation

Default Re: Gym Discussion/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i know that it was ground i meant wasn't dark lol my bad
    Oh, so what you mean to say is that had Giovanni been a gym leader in a future generation, they'd have made him Dark, not Ground? I'm not sure I buy that argument, I think he would've been a little more well rounded in future games, with a mix of Dark, Poison, and some of the Ground types he already has.
    that isn't what i meant either
    but if he was in future generations i think he still would have been ground to be honest
    his pokemon seem to be based on a mountain theme

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well then, I give up.

but if he was in future generations i think he still would have been ground to be honest
    Which doesn't really fit him that well. He's the leader of Team Rocket, it doesn't really make much sense for him to be carrying around Ground types, it would make more sense if he had Poison and Dark types like most of his underlings use. Unless this is some Japanese cultural reference I'm not getting or something.

Well then, I give up.

Which doesn't really fit him that well. He's the leader of Team Rocket, it doesn't really make much sense for him to be carrying around Ground types, it would make more sense if he had Poison and Dark types like most of his underlings use. Unless this is some Japanese cultural reference I'm not getting or something.
    well what about brawly?
    he is a surfer but uses fighting pokemon

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

well what about brawly?
    Your better example would be Wake, who was a wrestler with Water types. Brawly was still a martial artist on top of being a surfer. Or using Lucian as an example, who shows no sign of psychic powers but uses Psychic types (since he's the only one who hasn't). What do bugs have to do with art? What do Norman types have to do with a history museum, a museum that deals with fossils; why isn't Lenora using those?

Profession doesn't have to dictate preferred types; personality should (and assuming that this is what the character wants). Team Rocket's overall preference for Poison didn't change in Gen II; they just used a couple Dark types on top of it. And there, you will notice that Giovanni was not the Poison type leader of Kanto, although the rest of his organization sure used that type. He used Ground types, which are outright destructive forces of power (the Nidos, the Rhy-line, Dugtrio). How does Ground not suit him? Giovanni wants power. Hell no he wouldn't use Dark types (aside from the Sandile line); they aren't as strong in comparison. They won't help him get what he wants.

And that's why I'm saying a Dark type gym just simply needs to find its place; it certainly can, but it doesn't have to be linked to an evil person to do so, since none of the current primarily!Dark type users are evil themselves. It can be linked to someone evil, for sure; any type can be. But they do not have to be, nor should they always assumed to be.
    Velvet and SirOni like this.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    well what about brawly?
    Your better example would be Wake, who was a wrestler with Water types. Brawly was still a martial artist on top of being a surfer. Or using Lucian as an example, who shows no sign of psychic powers but uses Psychic types (since he's the only one who hasn't). What do bugs have to do with art? What do Norman types have to do with a history museum, a museum that deals with fossils; why isn't Lenora using those?

Profession doesn't have to dictate preferred types; personality should (and assuming that this is what the character wants). Team Rocket's overall preference for Poison didn't change in Gen II; they just used a couple Dark types on top of it. And there, you will notice that Giovanni was not the Poison type leader of Kanto, although the rest of his organization sure used that type. He used Ground types, which are outright destructive forces of power (the Nidos, the Rhy-line, Dugtrio). How does Ground not suit him? Giovanni wants power. Hell no he wouldn't use Dark types (aside from the Sandile line); they aren't as strong in comparison. They won't help him get what he wants.

And that's why I'm saying a Dark type gym just simply needs to find its place; it certainly can, but it doesn't have to be linked to an evil person to do so, since none of the current primarily!Dark type users are evil themselves. It can be linked to someone evil, for sure; any type can be. But they do not have to be, nor should they always assumed to be.
    dark type literally translates to "evil type" i think that's why he made the assumption
    so i guess i can see where he's going, but it doesn't have to be used by someone evil

Perhaps it's just me, but aren't Gym Leaders' backgrounds usually more fleshed out?

Perhaps that's why they haven't had Dark GL's but have had Dark E4's--in the latter they can get away with very little/no backstory but in the former they can't, and haven't had the right situation for a Dark Gym yet?

I don't know, but I still think it's very, very odd that they've had >40 (depending on how you count changes in Gyms between games) gyms and haven't had a single Dark Gym. The change in leadership in Viridian between Generations I and II was a perfect opportunity. You could easily imagine an "evil" TR boss, unseen in Gen I, taking over the Gym for Giovanni.

That'd actually make for a really cool story. :)
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Karen says we should battle with the pokemon with love - do you consider THAT to be evil?

No excuse for "Dark" = "Evil" as a reason there were no Dark-type gyms. All the Dark-type elites were good guys XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Karen says we should battle with the pokemon with love - do you consider THAT to be evil?

No excuse for "Dark" = "Evil" as a reason there were no Dark-type gyms. All the Dark-type elites were good guys XDD
    well i wasn't particularly saying that that was the reason, but that is probably what he was getting at

After finding more info, I wish to further my guess. (This is not in an order).

Bug- comfirmed, Viola is the gym leader's name, also from the web screen shot
    Fairy- the new type of course, this gym is shown with the main female character (see first page of forum)
    Grass- seen when character is swinging with vines
    Fire- seen from the lava screen shot in a trailer
    Flying- with the new sky battles there has to be a gym that will have this, it would be smart of game freak, this type could also be found in the elite four or champion
    Ice- almost 1/6 of the Kalos reigon has ice, its an assumption
    Ground- with all the caves seen around the reigon, there has to be a ground type gym, I counted 9 caves, see for yourself
    Dark- we all have been waiting to see this type in a gym

ELITE FOUR (flying type is considered)
    Water, Electric, Rock and Normal- All these types are always a gym, if you exclude Wallace the champion of Hoenn, the creators decided to mix it up this time
    CHAMPION- Various- they were creating a pattern but Iris ruined it, both Cynthia and Alder are various and Blue a few generations ahead

Thanks for showing an intrest in my opinion :) Please tell me yours on this Forum, the gyms and etc. are my favorite things about a new reigon
    Phoenixon and MissNikki890 like this.

Soooo with these few new pokes revealed let's get into some gym speculation:
    1.Bug- Vivilion star! :D
    2.Fighting
    3.Psychic
    4.Poison- I would love for it to happen especially
    5.Steel
    6.Ice
    7.Dark
    8.Fairy

E4:
    Fire, water, electric, Flying

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn For Truvie View Post
    After finding more info, I wish to further my guess. (This is not in an order).

Bug- comfirmed, Viola is the gym leader's name, also from the web screen shot
    Fairy- the new type of course, this gym is shown with the main female character (see first page of forum)
    Grass- seen when character is swinging with vines
    Fire- seen from the lava screen shot in a trailer
    Flying- with the new sky battles there has to be a gym that will have this, it would be smart of game freak, this type could also be found in the elite four or champion
    Ice- almost 1/6 of the Kalos reigon has ice, its an assumption
    Ground- with all the caves seen around the reigon, there has to be a ground type gym, I counted 9 caves, see for yourself
    Dark- we all have been waiting to see this type in a gym

ELITE FOUR (flying type is considered)
    Water, Electric, Rock and Normal- All these types are always a gym, if you exclude Wallace the champion of Hoenn, the creators decided to mix it up this time
    CHAMPION- Various- they were creating a pattern but Iris ruined it, both Cynthia and Alder are various and Blue a few generations ahead

Thanks for showing an intrest in my opinion :) Please tell me yours on this Forum, the gyms and etc. are my favorite things about a new reigon
    I have my doubts whether sky battles will feature in a Gym. It would be good to see, however, considering the limitations of sky battles, they are optional, while Gym battles are not.

He's the leader of Team Rocket, it doesn't really make much sense for him to be carrying around Ground types, it would make more sense if he had Poison and Dark types like most of his underlings use.
    It's actually quite fitting for a boss to have type advantage over his underlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    The change in leadership in Viridian between Generations I and II was a perfect opportunity.
    Fuchsia Gym, I would rather say. Dark-type, being about trickery and cheating, fits ninja more than anyone else~

Blog Entries

I am glad Game Freak finally made a female Bug-type Gym Leader, but it sucks that she is the first and weakest leader in the game.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

ehh, no guys yet? The kids look okay... but I wish they have some good guys in this game. of course, no one if probably going to be more yummier than N, though...

Wish that the Dark-type gym leader is a really cool guy. Maybe someone like a mafia baws
    Last edited by Yato; 13th June 2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Wish that the Dark-type gym leader is a really cool guy. Maybe someone like a mafia baws
    And I hope he is the final gym leader too, giving him a (literal) boss personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast